Author Topic: A NEW SECTION!  (Read 8208 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: A NEW SECTION!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »
Also, as an addendum, yes, Josh's are mp4. That's what I meant (sorry for my confusion).

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3401
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
Also, as an addendum, yes, Josh's are mp4. That's what I meant (sorry for my confusion).
Drugs are like that.. :-X

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 02:04:34 PM »
These are nice. Riffs on a budget to tide one over between the 'big guns' doing their riffs.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
torgos, I was wondering, do our iRiffs have to be family friendly or can we go crazy with dropping the f-bombs if we want to?  I'm not saying I'm going to do that.  I just want to know what our potential limits are, if any.  Thanks!
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »
You can do whatever you want, AFAIK. I mean anything blatantly offensive or whatever, we have the right to take it down, but I'm pretty sure you can do anything your heart desires.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
For MP3 releases, did you want a Read Me file as well or is that optional?  I didn't see it on the list of the stuff you have to upload but I thought Chris mentioned at the LXG live show that you wanted one. 

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »
It's not on the list of things? Then it shall be added.

Yeah a README is important, and should be considered a requirement. Strange, because I thought it was on there..

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:55 PM »
torgos, I was wondering, do our iRiffs have to be family friendly or can we go crazy with dropping the f-bombs if we want to?  I'm not saying I'm going to do that.  I just want to know what our potential limits are, if any.  Thanks!

You can do whatever you want, AFAIK. I mean anything blatantly offensive or whatever, we have the right to take it down, but I'm pretty sure you can do anything your heart desires.

Good thing to know.  So far I've had a few f-bombs dropped in my riffs with the rule that I'll edit them with bleeps unless it's on an r-rated movie.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:33 PM »
It might be a good idea for us iRiffers to agree to mark on our riffs somewhere if there is language, so those who are offended by it can avoid it. Or, you know, they could just get over themselves. ;)

Riff Raff Theater definitely takes on an "angry nerd" style of riffing. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 29
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 06:38:27 PM »
In agree that it as long as its stated ahead of time that the track in question contains potentially offensive language, it shouldn't be a problem.  We're naturally potty-mouths, and we can't help it.  The only thing i deem worthy of editing out is blantanly offensive sex jokes and anything overtly racist.  I mean, if RiffTrax deems it prudent that we bleep any swear words out, then that's fine, i'd just like to know ahead of time.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »
Then of course there's the subjective nature of "is the joke sexist/racist, or is it mocking sexism/racism"  I've pondered riffing the 1943 Batman movie serial, and it's one of the most blatantly racist things I've ever watched on DVD thanks to the WWII era Japanese sentiment in it.  So if I make race jokes in that, some people might get offended, but what I'm actually doing is blasting the racist attitude of the day.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing