Author Topic: Request a iRiff!  (Read 106810 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3785
Re: Request a iRiff!
« Reply #630 on: February 16, 2017, 07:45:11 PM »
Either the Walt Disney World or the Epcot Opening Specials.  Both would provide plenty of riff fodder.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3245
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #631 on: April 04, 2017, 08:55:37 AM »
Star Wars Rogue One is out on DVD & Blu-Ray so who want's to take this on so I can watch it riffed?? :o

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5192
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #632 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:16 AM »
Star Wars Rogue One is out on DVD & Blu-Ray so who want's to take this on so I can watch it riffed?? :o
It'd be interesting to see an iRiff group do this as well. But I'm sure Rifftrax will riff it eventually.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #633 on: April 04, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »
It'd be interesting to see an iRiff group do this as well. But I'm sure Rifftrax will riff it eventually.
First come, first served 8)

Offline Mstie2016

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #634 on: April 21, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »
I would love to write some riffs for Rogue One and some other projects with someone. I've already got a script for Leonard Part 9, if anyone's interested!

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
« Reply #635 on: April 22, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »
I would love to write some riffs for Rogue One and some other projects with someone. I've already got a script for Leonard Part 9, if anyone's interested!

PART 9?!

Where was I for parts 7 & 8?

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
We was...too late...

Rifftrax: Rogue One
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2017, 12:32:22 PM »
Well hell.. :o

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5192
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #638 on: December 12, 2017, 06:01:37 PM »
I just watched the Bobsheaux review of this, and it would make for a great riff!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rAbAd4QBL1s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rAbAd4QBL1s</a>

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #639 on: December 13, 2017, 07:56:10 AM »
Holy crap.

There is surreal, and then there is Tim Burton before he got famous.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 162
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #640 on: December 13, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »
...What the hell?

First, not to be racist, but Hanzel and Gretel are German names.
Second, you could stick this in Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny and it would fit right in.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #641 on: December 13, 2017, 04:15:13 PM »
someone could riff this right?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4xtxQSD0RXM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4xtxQSD0RXM</a>
for the best riffers of the age got to
 www.robotco-op.com

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #642 on: December 20, 2017, 10:05:15 AM »
I was interested in tackling this myself, but I was just checking to see if anyone had done it already.

So, nestled in my collection of Rankin/Bass Christmas classics is Cricket on the Hearth.  I had never seen this, and decided on a whim to watch it the other day.

While I have a great and abiding love of Rankin/Bass and their whimsy, this sucker is hilarious.  It has:
1. Danny Thomas as a toymaker.  His animated self looks like Quagmire's great-grandfather.  And he's about as English-sounding as Danny Thomas.
2. Weird Dickensian romance that involves disguises, sudden permanent blindness, cradle-robbing, and kidnapping.
3. A scene in a dockside tavern that the Great Mouse Detective stole almost shot for shot.  There's even a musical number...by an anthropomorphic cat, not a mouse, but still.
4. Said kidnapping involving a longshoreman putting a couple of bullets into some miscreants.  This is a children's cartoon.
5. The cricket returning home.  It's as improbable as you can imagine.
6. The square-jawed 'hero' of the film is practically Prince Llyr from Last Unicorn.  You can almost hear Jeff Bridges trying to escape.
7. The poor editing of the Danny Thomas wraparound.  Film breaks don't cause as much teleportation.

I still enjoyed it, warts and all, but the Hobbit it is not.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2361
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2017, 06:48:07 AM »
I was interested in tackling this myself, but I was just checking to see if anyone had done it already.

So, nestled in my collection of Rankin/Bass Christmas classics is Cricket on the Hearth.  I had never seen this, and decided on a whim to watch it the other day.

While I have a great and abiding love of Rankin/Bass and their whimsy, this sucker is hilarious.  It has:
1. Danny Thomas as a toymaker.  His animated self looks like Quagmire's great-grandfather.  And he's about as English-sounding as Danny Thomas.
2. Weird Dickensian romance that involves disguises, sudden permanent blindness, cradle-robbing, and kidnapping.
3. A scene in a dockside tavern that the Great Mouse Detective stole almost shot for shot.  There's even a musical number...by an anthropomorphic cat, not a mouse, but still.
4. Said kidnapping involving a longshoreman putting a couple of bullets into some miscreants.  This is a children's cartoon.
5. The cricket returning home.  It's as improbable as you can imagine.
6. The square-jawed 'hero' of the film is practically Prince Llyr from Last Unicorn.  You can almost hear Jeff Bridges trying to escape.
7. The poor editing of the Danny Thomas wraparound.  Film breaks don't cause as much teleportation.

I still enjoyed it, warts and all, but the Hobbit it is not.

Rankin/Bass: Sometimes we try

Its very hard for me sometimes to reconsile the same company making something as great an example of animation as The Last Unicorn with practically everything else they make.

Haven't seen this one yet, but you got my curious.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing