login

Author Topic: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (Read 227574 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2315
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #2220 on: September 02, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
My left hand works again! (mostly)

So back in June I suffered from "Saturday Night Palsy", aka Wrist Drop. Which basically means I fell asleep on my wrist while drugged or drunk (In my case the former) in such a way (hand bent under) and for so long that it damaged the Radial Nerve. I couldn't open my fingers or raise my wrist at all. I've been doing physical therapy, and now, almost three months later, I can finally use my left hand well enough to type this message  :D

Crazy how long that stuff takes to heal, back in the spring I slept with my arm under my hip one night when my back was sore and damaged my sciatic nerve, that took about a month for the pain to become tolerable, and another month for it to mostly go away, 3rd month for it to completely go away.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 480
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2221 on: September 02, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »
My left hand works again! (mostly)

So back in June I suffered from "Saturday Night Palsy", aka Wrist Drop. Which basically means I fell asleep on my wrist while drugged or drunk (In my case the former) in such a way (hand bent under) and for so long that it damaged the Radial Nerve. I couldn't open my fingers or raise my wrist at all. I've been doing physical therapy, and now, almost three months later, I can finally use my left hand well enough to type this message  :D

Crazy how long that stuff takes to heal, back in the spring I slept with my arm under my hip one night when my back was sore and damaged my sciatic nerve, that took about a month for the pain to become tolerable, and another month for it to mostly go away, 3rd month for it to completely go away.

I had a nurse tell me "I'd rather break a bone than damage a nerve." As someone who's now done both, I totally agree.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #2222 on: September 03, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
Ha...just went through something like this myself. Fell and broke some ribs a couple of months ago which changed my sleeping position. Had to sleep on my back for the first week or so and then could only sleep on my right side as the broken ribs were on the left side. Sleeping on only the right side resulted in me somehow sleeping funny on my left hand (not exactly sure how), but left hand was swollen and far more painful than the rib injury. A month with a brace on the left hand and the ribs finally healing and all is mostly good now (ribs still hurt a bit in the morning if I spend too much time sleeping on my left

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #2223 on: September 03, 2018, 07:48:29 PM »
Kind of a minor WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Haven't been on a vacation in a couple of years- due in part to having an dog that required a lot of care for his last couple of years (despite the care he required, I'm still sad he's no longer with us) and for years I had a job that despite company policy didn't really allow for time off for more than a day at a time.
So despite not having a job right now, I acquiesced to the wife's wishes and we have a trip planned in a couple of weeks. Not anything too exciting, but we'll be spending a few days in a cabin on Lake Michigan away from everything. Looking very forward to it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2224 on: September 04, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »
I weighed 219.7 this morning!!! I'm ahead of my goal to be 220 by my birthday on September 12th.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2225 on: September 10, 2018, 06:27:51 AM »
Wow! After vacationing for the last few days with my family at Rehobeth Beach, I thought I would have gained some weight. But in fact I am now 219.0 ! So I have definitely beaten my goal of 220 by my birthday (Sep. 12th, this Wednesday).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2226 on: September 12, 2018, 06:22:54 AM »
It's my birthday today and I was 219.5 this morning! So I officially achieved my goal. I seem to be plateauing at around 219-220 for now, so hopefully I get below that soon.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4221
« Reply #2227 on: September 12, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
Happy Birthday, DG! :highfive:  And congrats reaching your goal (for this time period).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3402
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2228 on: September 12, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »
It's my birthday today and I was 219.5 this morning! So I officially achieved my goal. I seem to be plateauing at around 219-220 for now, so hopefully I get below that soon.
Happy Birfdah now go eat cake and ice cream with cookies and pie for dessert :P

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 220
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #2229 on: September 12, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »
This is not exactly AMAZING by any means, but I did get a surprise today. I'm a fan of Mad TV, so I just ordered the 2nd season from Amazon, and paid for what I thought was just the normal shipping method. I was told via email I'd get it on Thursday of this week and it actually came today. I thought it was a little strange but a pleasant surprise to find they shipped my DVD set via UPS 3 day select. Again, like I said, not stunning news, it's just nice to have something I ordered get here a bit faster than I was expecting. Maybe Amazon's just being really generous or something, who knows?

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 57
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #2230 on: September 13, 2018, 07:54:22 PM »
Got an amazing gift today! A Metal Tin set of 72 Derwent Inktense color pencils. They're used but in really good condition in fact only a handful of them were ever actually used.  ;D

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison