Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1976209 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7353
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20385 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
i've seen a few advertising tweets recently that say "like this tweet and we'll let you know about" whatever. presumably there's, like, a python script or something that can extract them all, but i just imagined some poor intern sitting there writing down the twitter handle of each person who liked it.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529
« Reply #20386 on: October 22, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
Judging by Conor's Twitter post, it looks like we're gonna get John Wayne's The Conqueror as a Rifftrax sometime soon.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1149
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #20387 on: October 22, 2020, 04:47:22 PM »
The Seinfeld episode "The Masseuse" has an interestingly prescient scene where Elaine is trying to convince her then boyfriend Joel Rifken, who has the same name as a serial killer, to change his name to OJ.

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529
« Reply #20388 on: October 24, 2020, 06:50:38 PM »
So Troll 2 has another sequel...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107252/

Offline xeljanz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20389 on: October 24, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
So Troll 2 has another sequel...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107252/

Feeble sequels had more of my respect when they had to commit this shit to actual film.  I wouldn't riff this with Andy Dick's mouth.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3888
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20390 on: October 26, 2020, 03:22:14 PM »
RIP: Snow days. My son's school would most certainly be out tomorrow due to an unseasonable snowfall, but since everyone's already distance-learning, they see no reason to close the school.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20391 on: November 05, 2020, 09:50:38 AM »
I just had a Seinfeld-esque conversation with co-workers about the social obligating of returning greetings in the hallway with an equivalent greeting. I started it by saying that security officers at the school are my favorite people to pass in the hallways, because they do the polite nod. No conversation, no small talk, no how are you, just the polite nod and go on. My least favorite greeting is the "Hi, how are you?" Not only are you socially obligated to respond with "Fine/Good/Etc" to preempt a potential stop and chat, you have to ask "How are you?"

I don't care how everyone I pass is doing. I'm just trying to get to my destination, god dammit. Haven't we, as a society, passed the need to ask passersby how they're doing? Unless you're a close friend or something similar, the polite nod is the optimal greeting.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20392 on: November 06, 2020, 08:26:56 AM »
I just had a Seinfeld-esque conversation with co-workers about the social obligating of returning greetings in the hallway with an equivalent greeting. I started it by saying that security officers at the school are my favorite people to pass in the hallways, because they do the polite nod. No conversation, no small talk, no how are you, just the polite nod and go on. My least favorite greeting is the "Hi, how are you?" Not only are you socially obligated to respond with "Fine/Good/Etc" to preempt a potential stop and chat, you have to ask "How are you?"

I don't care how everyone I pass is doing. I'm just trying to get to my destination, god dammit. Haven't we, as a society, passed the need to ask passersby how they're doing? Unless you're a close friend or something similar, the polite nod is the optimal greeting.

I accidentally stumbled into a shortcut at work, where when someone asks how I'm doing I say "Doing good" but with an inflection that makes it sound like a question. It works as both a response and return of the query, to which they usually respond "Yeah" without me slowing down.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20393 on: November 06, 2020, 08:31:05 AM »

I accidentally stumbled into a shortcut at work, where when someone asks how I'm doing I say "Doing good" but with an inflection that makes it sound like a question. It works as both a response and return of the query, to which they usually respond "Yeah" without me slowing down.
I speak with a bit of a lilt, so I do this completely by accident all the time, provoking unexpected replies on how the other person is doing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:49:27 AM by Pak-Man »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20394 on: November 10, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
Who would win a double-hypothetical fight between Rusty Shackleford and Regina Phalange?
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20395 on: November 11, 2020, 08:20:44 AM »
Who would win a double-hypothetical fight between Rusty Shackleford and Regina Phalange?

Rusty Shackleford

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20396 on: November 11, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Rusty would whip out the pocket sand and it would all be over.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3084
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20397 on: November 16, 2020, 08:21:14 AM »
Tried Amazon Prime by 8am delivery for the first time, ordered last night and the package was at my front door when I got up this morning.  Checked and it was delivered around 5:30am.  I needed to replace the CPU cooler on my PC and spent too much time yesterday deciding between staying with liquid or switching to air, so ran out of time to run up to Microcenter to get one.  Posted about that in the computer thread.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3325
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20398 on: November 22, 2020, 11:19:04 PM »
FINE

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 112
« Reply #20399 on: November 25, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
I just discovered Amazon Prime now has the rest of the seasons of Farscape. I forgot how fun that series was.