Author Topic: Scam O'Clock  (Read 90904 times)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 587
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Scam O'Clock
« Reply #825 on: January 16, 2019, 06:27:06 PM »
I've had scammers claiming to work for Microsoft two days in a row. Normally I just immediately hang up. But I swear if they call again tomorrow, I'm going to waste as much or their time as I can.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 340
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: Scam O'Clock
« Reply #826 on: January 16, 2019, 06:44:33 PM »
I think in a way panhandlers are sometimes scammers. I've seen and heard of scary stories involving panhandlers getting violent with passing motorists. Don't misunderstand me, I do have a heart and I truly do feel something for people who were massively screwed over and are now forced to live on the street. However, I'm not going to be handing out ones or fives or making it rain for these people. For all I know they could be buying booze, cigarettes or other drugs with my money(which in my mind makes me a party to their irresponsibility). Now, if you want to give actual food to homeless people, that officially gets a huge stamp of approval from me. Or hell, give them a case of bottled water, just anything but actual money. In my state we actually have programs that can help the homeless and if they're disabled they may be able to get Supplemental security income, Food stamps, and between all that with a little optimism they may be able to get back on their feet.