Author Topic: Pink Floyd the Wall  (Read 2805 times)

Offline RaoulDuke

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Twirling like a couple doped out phish heads
Pink Floyd the Wall
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »
am I the only one who thinks this might be a good riff
i love this movie but it would still be fun to hear mike rip it apart
Ninjas don't kill people, Pat Morita playing a ninja kills people.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Re: Pink Floyd the Wall
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »

You stay the hell away from Pink Floyd: The Wall...
Besides, there aren't more than two or three lines of actual dialogue in that whole film!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:36:04 AM »
Yeah, it's not that there isn't anything goofy, but it'd be like riffing a concert: there just isn't anything to take hold of, really. It'd be 2 hours of "that looks pretty strange!" and "what's going on there?"

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »
It'd be 2 hours of "that looks pretty strange!" and "what's going on there?"

and that's without the riffing! ;)

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 04:55:31 AM »
Pink Floyd The Wall is completely unriffable. And I'm not saying this because I like the movie (I love the movie, but that's not the reason). I'd love to see two of my most hated rock movies, Tommy and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band mocked, but they are also unriffable. None of these films contain very much spoken dialogue.* It would, as 6079SmithW said, be like riffing a concert.

*Or, at least, Tommy and The Wall don't have very much dialogue. I could barely make it through that piece-of-crap film version of Sgt. Pepper. I turned it off by the point where the guy was fondling his robots or something like that. I could barely tell what was going on throughout much of the film. It started out pretty good, up until the point where George Burns started singing "I'm Fixing A Hole." Then it went totally downhill from there.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:58:49 AM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 12:01:40 PM »
These are the types of films that require a certain state of mind to 'get' or 'enjoy'.

Once you see them normally, they are basically screensavers set to music.

So unless Netflix starts shipping these out in 'special paper holders' its just not going to work.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »
Yeah. The Wall wouldn't be good because there isn't enough good riffing material there. Only musical documentary I would consider riffable would be the one on "The Band That Sang California Lady." ;D

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3780
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »
RIFFING THE WALL WOULD RRUULLEE!!!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »

No, actually it wouldn't.
On timeout

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Rich in heady goodness!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 09:06:15 PM »
I like the arty farty cartoons in it but I was never a big fan of Pink Floyd music. Most of the songs they do are really depressing.
Global warming, where?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »
Yeah. The Wall wouldn't be good because there isn't enough good riffing material there. Only musical documentary I would consider riffable would be the one on "The Band That Sang California Lady." ;D

You don't think In Bed with Madonna has potential? I mean good riffable material takes itself way to seriously and that's the defining feature of Madonna.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »

No. No it wouldn't. In fact, it would fall into the same category as not watching a Dark Side of the Moon laser show stoned. Crappy.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »
Pink Floyd The Wall is completely unriffable. And I'm not saying this because I like the movie (I love the movie, but that's not the reason). I'd love to see two of my most hated rock movies, Tommy and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band mocked, but they are also unriffable. None of these films contain very much spoken dialogue.* It would, as 6079SmithW said, be like riffing a concert.

*Or, at least, Tommy and The Wall don't have very much dialogue. I could barely make it through that piece-of-crap film version of Sgt. Pepper. I turned it off by the point where the guy was fondling his robots or something like that. I could barely tell what was going on throughout much of the film. It started out pretty good, up until the point where George Burns started singing "I'm Fixing A Hole." Then it went totally downhill from there.

I looked at Sgt Pepper's again and considering that almost all of the dialogue is Beatle lyrics....I agree, unriffable!