Author Topic: Spiderman, Rebooted  (Read 50582 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Spiderman 4
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
Looks like my choice to never watch another Sam Rami movies after seeing Spiderman 3 was a good one.  He has lost any talent he may have had. He is insane now.

Yes.  Let's write him off after delivering one slightly disappointing movie that seemed to be a product of internal battles with the producers and despite the fact that he made a really cool horror movie just recently.  No second chances!

:clap:
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 06:34:29 PM »
I'm going to give Raimi the benefit of the doubt, since this is still a rumor. Anyone remember Aunt May as Carnage in Spider-Man 3? So yeah.

Remember, this is just a rumor, so before you all start after Raimi with pitchforks and torches, wait for it to be confirmed. Then light one up for me.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6637
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
I will definitely wait to hear more than just rumors for now, but what worries me is it sounds like he's starting down a similar path as the last one. I'm really worried about this nonsense about "not wanting to see a goofy looking villain like the Lizard" when they are talking about John Malkovich in a bird suit! That has GOT to be studio execs talking, and that is what worries me. Sam Raimi would be able to make Lizard a really cool looking creature, which could be a darker turn for the Spidey franchise.

Sam, we know you watched Trick 'r Treat. You're telling me you aren't chomping at the bit like we are to see Dylan Baker as a supervillain?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
If it is the execs, then it's just another reason why Marvel needs to send Stan Lee to "politely" suggest that these studios give the movie rights back to Marvel. Of the two live action movies that Marvel Studios has made (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk) I have not been disappointed and they both exceeded my expectations. Which means Marvel needs the rights back. NOW.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »
If it is the execs, then it's just another reason why Marvel needs to send Stan Lee to "politely" suggest that these studios give the movie rights back to Marvel. Of the two live action movies that Marvel Studios has made (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk) I have not been disappointed and they both exceeded my expectations. Which means Marvel needs the rights back. NOW.
Um, I'm not sure these idiot execs know who Stan Lee is, they just scratch their heads when the directors insist on cameoing this old guy. No, I say send in Lou Ferigno for some aggressive negotiations on their pampered, overpaid asses.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »
Looks like my choice to never watch another Sam Rami movies after seeing Spiderman 3 was a good one.  He has lost any talent he may have had. He is insane now.

Yes.  Let's write him off after delivering one slightly disappointing movie that seemed to be a product of internal battles with the producers and despite the fact that he made a really cool horror movie just recently.  No second chances!

I'd write him off because of what he did to Venom.  :angry: ;)
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »

I don't want to blow anyone's mind here, but I'm starting to think that Doctor Who might have a small tiny tendency to overreact to things.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »
Nikki Finke is reporting Anne Hathaway has been approached for a role.  I believe they're going for the recently naturalized to the U.S. by way of England demographic.

If they do go for Black Cat, I think Anne Hathaway would be pretty great.

Me too!

God...I hate Black Cat so much. She's a faker Catwoman knockoff than Halle Berry's character was.  ::) The only time I liked seeing Black Cat in a Spider-man panel was when Venom was smashing her face first into something.

Now Felicia Hardy....I can stomach more.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:04:53 AM by Draconian Empress »

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

I don't want to blow anyone's mind here, but I'm starting to think that Doctor Who might have a small tiny tendency to overreact to things.

I honestly often get Plastic Self Cleaning Duck and Doctor Who confused pretty often, they both seem to channel Chicken Little in almost every one of their posts.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »
I honestly often get Plastic Self Cleaning Duck and Doctor Who confused pretty often, they both seem to channel Chicken Little in almost every one of their posts.

I'd rather channel Turkey Lurkey.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »

Of course. Don Knotts is awesome.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »

I'd rather channel Murky and Lurky.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure the bad casting and all the stupid dance and music was Rami's idea not the studio's.  Sorry but i don't have any faith in him as a film maker any more.  The last movie of his that i thought was really good came out almost two decades ago.  I really do not feel like paying to see another one of his movies.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
Anyone remember Aunt May as Carnage in Spider-Man 3? So yeah.

Of course, but that was an April Fool's joke initiated by IMDB, themselves. It's only December 10th!  :)

This Vulturess stuff has been a blast to talk about this morning as in the reactions of a couple of buddies of mine were hilarious. It's also fun to say out-loud, the Vulturess.

Nikki Finke is reporting Anne Hathaway has been approached for a role.  I believe they're going for the recently naturalized to the U.S. by way of England demographic.

If they do go for Black Cat, I think Anne Hathaway would be pretty great.

Me too!

God...I hate Black Cat so much. She's a faker Catwoman knockoff than Halle Berry's character was.  ::)

Do you enjoy anything?  :)

I'm pretty sure the bad casting and all the stupid dance and music was Rami's idea not the studio's.  Sorry but i don't have any faith in him as a film maker any more.  The last movie of his that i thought was really good came out almost two decades ago.  I really do not feel like paying to see another one of his movies.

Troll! Go back under your bridge, snob!!   ;)

PS: I enjoyed the stupid dance. It was silly and provided some much needed levity for me.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:59 AM »
I liked the dance too, it felt very Rami to me.

...so why read the thread?  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:32:40 AM by ScottH »
Scottotd on Instagram