Author Topic: Spiderman, Rebooted  (Read 48481 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Spiderman, Rebooted
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:09:40 AM »
As much as I wanted to leave my beloved franchise after the third installment, the fanboy in me wouldn't allow it .

With 2007 Pulitzer Prize award winning David Lindsay-Abaire all but on-board to be the script writer, I thought it was time to start the thread. There must be another fan or two on the Round Table that wants this to succeed, right?  :) 

So, is MJ altogether being dumped from 4 & 5?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/spider-man_4/news/?a=5118&t=Dunst_Dumped_for_Spider-Man_4__5

Obviously, Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has sensed our fear and he wants to calm us all down the best way he can - by dumping Dunst. Now, if he develops Gwen Stacy, played by actress Bryce Dallas Howard, into Petey's love interest, he'll start to win us back.

I'm still disappointed by the Green Goblin's death in the franchise's inception, because it ruined the possibility of seeing the defining moment of Spiderman, the death of Gwen, on the big screen. But if they do indeed drop MJ, and start developing Gwen in any capacity, I'll be all for it. I don't know how they'd spin it, but Gwen is sure a favorite of mine.

May of 2011 is a ways off, but believing Sam is going to deliver with this keeps this particular fanboy's heart pumping.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:40:44 PM by TeamRAD »
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Spiderman 4
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:28:22 AM »
yeah, if nothing else it'll shut up people moaning about part 3.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

anais.jude

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:44:32 AM »
when Spiderman 3 came out Tobey and Dunst were all like "we don't want to make any more". So, why is Mr. Seasbiscuit signed onto this?

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »
Because he's a bad actor who can't get other work?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 05:53:58 AM »
It's all about the Benjamins.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

anais.jude

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 05:59:58 AM »
Because he's a bad actor who can't get other work?

he's not a bad actor, though. Unless he's gotten lazy, that I would believe

Doctor Who?

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
I am not really itching for this to happen.

After TDN,IM,and TIH this year kind of raised the bar for superhero movies to the point where I don't really enjoy the Spiderman movies any more.

The only one I can watch now is SM2 and I don't think there are any villains left alive that will be as good as Doc Ock and the Green Gobin.

They should have just sent them to a Shield prison somewhere that they could ecsape from.

I really wish Marvel would reboot Spiderman.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »
What?! There are plenty of villains left to put in SM4!

Eh? Eh?

But yeah, they should stop at three. Don't think a reboot is a good idea at all, though.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »
It's all about the Benjamins.

Oh yeah, something in the ballpark of 50 million plus profit shares. Ka-ching.

After TDN,IM,and TIH this year kind of raised the bar for superhero movies to the point where I don't really enjoy the Spiderman movies any more.
oot Spiderman.

I fail. I've yet to see TDN, IM, and TIH. When it comes to superheroes, my quota is met w/ Buffy and Spiderman.

The only one I can watch now is SM2 and I don't think there are any villains left alive that will be as good as Doc Ock and the Green Gobin.

Say wha?  ;)

I really wish Marvel would reboot Spiderman.

It's much too early to reboot, and in Sam, I trust.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
Sam isn't the problem (even though he kind of is). The problem is that it's not actually Marvel. They've done extremely well for themselves since taking the movies back in house. But they don't own the movie rights to Spiderman, so they can't do anything with it except slap their name on whatever the studio comes up with.

None of the Spiderman movies were good movies. Frankly, none of them were even good COMIC movies (which is measured on a different scale than regular movies).

Hulk was decent. Iron Man was really good. TDK, though not Marvel, was fucking incredible. These are the movies that have set the bar. No sequel to a crappily executed franchise is going to come anywhere CLOSE to the bar. But it's way too soon for a reboot (frankly I'm astonished that Hulk managed to be as good as it was, considering the previous abortion of a film). What Marvel needs to do is buy the rights back, drop the franchise entirely for 3-4 years, and then reboot it, and do it RIGHT. No more of this sniveling, whiney bullshit. And for the love of god, cast a starring female who can ACT.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Doctor Who?

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »
I think Kraven would come off as gay in live action and it would be the most riffable thing ever,and they kind off gave doc ock the Lizard's background in SM2 so he's pretty much out.

I think they should do a reboot in five years and when they get to Vemon they shouldn't be afraid to go for an R rating so they can do him right.

Also NO CRYING!

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 12:04:29 AM »
Something tells me Pulitzer-winning and Spider-Man do not a happy couple make. There was always too much drama in the series. Being better written drama wouldn't have made it fit the movies more. It would just make them less like comic book movies.

Although this guy wrote Robots and the High Fidelity and Shrek musicals, so it's not like he doesn't know how to produce cheese.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 12:07:51 AM »
Javier Bardem playing Kraven as an evil mix of The Crocodile Hunter/Dog the Bounty hunter would rule.

None of the Spiderman movies were good movies. Frankly, none of them were even good COMIC movies (which is measured on a different scale than regular movies).

I think Spidey 2 is a great movie.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 02:15:56 AM »
Spidey 2 is ass. I really don't see what's wrong with the first one, other than it leading to the sequels. At least the dude only cried when his uncle croaked.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:25:44 AM »
Even though it's a belief that only brings me conflict, I agree. I couldn't stand Spidey 2.