login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 118158 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #630 on: July 25, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
When I started this thread, it took Wells Fargo 6 months to complete foreclosure proceedings on my brother in law's house and letters were coming to us as an alternate address all the time where the bank was willing to work with him to try and stay in it but we did nothing cause he had already been deported back to Mexico and we sure as hell weren't gonna take responsibility of it..

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2012, 07:13:45 AM »
We missed two while my wife was in the hospital recently but we got caught up. I don't want to play the game of risking losing the house while trying to refinance by intentionally missing payments.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #632 on: July 25, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
We missed two while my wife was in the hospital recently but we got caught up. I don't want to play the game of risking losing the house while trying to refinance by intentionally missing payments.
Yeah I agree with you. It's too risky.
Doesn't your state offer some kind of assistance like SC Mortgage Help?

Offline Riffman for Hire

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 98
  • I'm in the riffing business.
« Reply #633 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
Just got off the phone with them.  We got denied.  Because we haven't missed any payments.  I feel like I'm going to throw up.  I have no idea how I'm going to break the news to my wife.  She's already dealing with so much other stuff right now, I don't want to send her into a nervous breakdown and end up back in the hospital.

Now I've gotta start the process all over again with another bank and hope they can help us.

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out.  Hopefully another bank will work with you.

And honestly, what do these people want from you?  Your blood?  If you haven't missed payments, isn't that supposed to be a sign that you're a good credit risk?  Then again these banks are the same ones who were giving subprime housing mortgages years back to any Tom, Dick and Harry, regardless of whether or not they could actually pay for them.  So I guess it makes sense that they don't make any sense.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #634 on: July 25, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
Sorry to hear about all this, k1.  :(
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #635 on: July 27, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »

Smart move and thinking on this bad situation.   

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #636 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
Plus if the electric or water get shut off its like camping!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #637 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »
Ok I'm baffled... but not complaining (yet).

Phone rings & caller ID says 800 Service.  I answered it because occasionally actual calls come through with that label. 90% of the time it's junk, but whatever.

I say hello & the phone starts dialing and connects me to the mortgage place.  Someone answers and asks how they can help me.  I say "you called me!".  They tell me it was an automated follow up call that goes out whenever they have outstanding requirements for a refinance and ask if I spoke to an account manager this morning.  I proceed to tell them that I haven't spoken to anyone because when I sent in the last requirements I was told that we were denied.

Turns out that may not be the case & the person I spoke with may have been misinformed.  Transfer me over to someone else who tells me of another long list of requirements I need to send in.  (Most of which I already had. And she was able to find after me telling her the specific dates that I emailed them over.)

So now I just need to whip up another profit & loss statement for 2nd quarter, get more pay stubs, more bank statements, update one form, and send it back... and wait.  again.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #638 on: August 01, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »
And it's not a scam, right?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #639 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
That sounds like more "fun" in your life.   Too bad you dont have any lawyer buds to handle all that.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #640 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
And it's not a scam, right?

Nope. Unless its a scam that our current lender transferred us to, in which case they'll be getting Lawyer'd!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #641 on: August 01, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
That's great news. A cautious woooooo!
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #642 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »
I still wouldn't be surprised if we get turned down.  In doing research on this company the stuff I'm seeing online is that they tend to drag the process out for a long time and then "sometimes" approve people.  But then again I assume people who are approved without issue aren't the type to go post about it online.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
There have been a couple of articles about a man here in NYC who had been out of work for two years and had taken to the streets with a suit and a sign in order to find a job.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/vincent-giordano-hire-me-sign_n_1839656.html

http://www.4vf.net/jobless-ny-man-is-trying-to-find-a-job-on-the-streets-of-manhattan/

In the articles, he talks about how he was laid off from work because he was too old and that his wife is out of work, too.

Until two years ago, Giordano worked for a big law firm, making copies of documents and providing litigation support. Then he was laid off. How come? “The economy,” he shrugs. “They wanted to get younger people in. They let the older people go.” ABC News reported.

This is all bullshit. I worked with this guy. While he was here he caused more problems with the rest of the staff than he was worth. He once came up to me and told me he wished he had a gun so he could shoot everyone in NYC. I was scared to death of him. He was so problematic, in fact, that when he gave his notice to go be a school bus driver (before he was actually hired to drive buses) and then tried to rescind it, HR told him that his position had been closed.

We were all relieved when he left here and then found out he did get the job to drive school buses. Except he got fired right away because he parked his bus in Brooklyn and left a three year-old kid asleep on the bus for a couple of hours because he didn't know she was there.

So now he's out on the street looking for work, and he's telling people that he was laid off due to his age (and not because he's a fucking insane shithead). I want to link that article about him driving the bus but I don't want to do it here in work.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #644 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
Wow........nut.