login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 120726 times)

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »
Wow, I love our elected officials playing games with peoples lives...... Withhold unemployment unless tax cuts for the wealthy are extended.   Well done pricks, well done.     Congress, just go fuck off and die.....you can be replaced.   I'd love to be on the jury for the trial of someone who physically harms you.

Oh and K1, do I amuse you, am I a clown?  What the fuck is so funny about me Henry, er, K1?!?

This is why Obama needs to declare marshal law and set in troops to arrest every republican in public office.  It should be a crime to be a member of the republican party,they are enemies of the human race.  People are going to starve to death this winter because of them.  They have declared war on us and have shown that they want us dead,i say we declare war on them.  We need one party and one leader who can not be removed by the rich republicans and can do what ever it takes to save us from them.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT.
no no, by all means, keep going  ;D

Doctor Who?

« Reply #421 on: December 01, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
Wow, I love our elected officials playing games with peoples lives...... Withhold unemployment unless tax cuts for the wealthy are extended.   Well done pricks, well done.     Congress, just go fuck off and die.....you can be replaced.   I'd love to be on the jury for the trial of someone who physically harms you.

Oh and K1, do I amuse you, am I a clown?  What the fuck is so funny about me Henry, er, K1?!?

This is why Obama needs to declare marshal law and set in troops to arrest every republican in public office.  It should be a crime to be a member of the republican party,they are enemies of the human race.  People are going to starve to death this winter because of them.  They have declared war on us and have shown that they want us dead,i say we declare war on them.  We need one party and one leader who can not be removed by the rich republicans and can do what ever it takes to save us from them.

The only reason you are not mad is because you are rich and have a job,you are not going to starve or freeze to death this winter.  The Republicans want every person who is not born rich enslaved or dead.  They need to be gotten rid of.

$52,000 a year is rich?

Actually, I think that what they are doing is pretty low, but besides being employed and middle class, I am also sane and don't think that rounding up your political opponents and throwing them in prison is something we do in America.  This isn't Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany.  Further, what you are suggesting, besides being morally reprehensible, is illegal.  I appreciate you putting words in my mouth though.

Those law are written by rich republicans and should not be allowed to keep us enslaved and starving. The republicans are trying to murder people just to keep themselves rich and they should pay the price.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #422 on: December 01, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »

The only reason you are not mad is because you are rich and have a job,you are not going to starve or freeze to death this winter.  The Republicans want every person who is not born rich enslaved or dead.  They need to be gotten rid of.

$52,000 a year is rich?

Actually, I think that what they are doing is pretty low, but besides being employed and middle class, I am also sane and don't think that rounding up your political opponents and throwing them in prison is something we do in America.  This isn't Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany.  Further, what you are suggesting, besides being morally reprehensible, is illegal.  I appreciate you putting words in my mouth though.

Those law are written by rich republicans and should not be allowed to keep us enslaved and starving. The republicans are trying to murder people just to keep themselves rich and they should pay the price.

The Constitution was written by rich Republicans to keep people in 2010 enslaved and starving?  That's certainly interesting, considering the Constitution was ratified in 1787, but the Republicans didn't exist until Abe Lincoln in the mid 19th century.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
Well this is good news.

Unemployment dips to 8.9%, 192,000 jobs added

I'm always a little skeptical of the unemployment claims like that because they always seem to happen right around the time that people's Unemployment benefits run out & they are no longer able to file.

Are the rates based on number of people filing?

On a slightly related note, we're attempting to do a mortgage modification which should greatly reduce our monthly payments.  (We qualify under the Home Affordable Mortgage Program since I lost my job and have no income & my wife's job at Comcast pays roughly half what she was making before getting laid off from the company I was at.)  Fingers crossed!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Well this is good news.

Unemployment dips to 8.9%, 192,000 jobs added

I'm always a little skeptical of the unemployment claims like that because they always seem to happen right around the time that people's Unemployment benefits run out & they are no longer able to file.

Are the rates based on number of people filing?

On a slightly related note, we're attempting to do a mortgage modification which should greatly reduce our monthly payments.  (We qualify under the Home Affordable Mortgage Program since I lost my job and have no income & my wife's job at Comcast pays roughly half what she was making before getting laid off from the company I was at.)  Fingers crossed!

* Crossed *

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #425 on: April 29, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »
Still waiting to hear on the mortgage thing.  The process is with the underwriters currently.

Also, waiting to hear on a reply for an interview I had last week.  I'm supposed to hear back today at some point, but they are moving to a new location on Monday, so I imagine it is a little crazy over there.  But I still wanna hear from them.   :-\

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2011, 07:14:19 AM »
No word on the job or mortgage. Landed a part time on-call type job at a company that does inventories.  Pay blows & I have to be at a store an hour away from my house at 4:45am Monday for a 9 hour shift.  (My wife won't be home on Sunday so I'll be watching the kids which will make getting a good nights sleep impossible.  And I'll need to pick up the kids as soon as I finish work & be on kid duty until She gets home from work around 7pm.)

This is going to blow.  Fortunately(?) it's just the one shift for the week.  The following week is 4 shifts.  Thankfully one of them is only a half hour from my house.  The rest, not so much.  And I believe they scheduled me for an afternoon shift, an evening shift, then 2 mornings on 4 consecutive days.

I better hear back from that other job soon.  I'm pretty sure an inconsistent schedule of working nights & days on top of watching the kids all the time will kill me.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
UGH!! :scared: :speechless:

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
No word on the job or mortgage. Landed a part time on-call type job at a company that does inventories.  Pay blows & I have to be at a store an hour away from my house at 4:45am Monday for a 9 hour shift.

RGIS?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
No word on the job or mortgage. Landed a part time on-call type job at a company that does inventories.  Pay blows & I have to be at a store an hour away from my house at 4:45am Monday for a 9 hour shift.

RGIS?

Yup

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »

RGIS?

Yup
Oh yeah.  I almost went to work for them twice during bouts of unemployment.  The first time, I was in orientation and had some sort of panic attack or mental breakdown and left.  Don't worry, this is not likely to happen to you unless you are, like I was, completely unstable emotionally.

The second time, I got a callback, but it was during my hobo wandering phase and I just decided that it wasn't worth it. 

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »
Also, waiting to hear on a reply for an interview I had last week.  I'm supposed to hear back today at some point, but they are moving to a new location on Monday, so I imagine it is a little crazy over there.  But I still wanna hear from them.   :-\

Got an email from the company I interviewed at! Opened it up and...

*ahem*
Although you have extensive qualifications in this field, we have selected another applicant for the position.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
That does suck, I'm sorry.

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
I am truly sorry K1. I was with you on the unenjoyment train not too long ago and I am still feeling the pain. I hope things look up for ya.  :-\

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2011, 05:32:16 AM »
Well our Mortgage Loan Modification turned out to be run by a company that was a scam.  So there goes a bunch of money along with enough personal information to do some serious damage via identity theft.  F.