Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 120861 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3895
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:54 PM »
I'll do it.

Relax everyone, I've got this.
Vote for Bob in 2012!
Glock and Awe!! 8)

As soon as you set up your Central American stronghold, we take over.   I promise to be a kindly ruler and govern with a just hand.  Of course, the New York Yankees will be disbanded and Bill Billicheck will be beheaded, but I think everyone can live with that.

My offer still stands people........
8)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
Here's the boat I'm in:

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2010/12/01/jobless_benefits_slated_to_end_for_many_on_christmas_day/?p1=News_links

Right now I'm trying to figure out if the extension I'm on is terminated immediately or still runs til Christmas Day.  :-\

I will say that honestly alot of people on this forum have helped me keep my sense of humor & sanity since I've been out of work.  Whether through a funny picture, amusing response to another post, or for some people by having amusing Facebook posts.  

Somewhat related note, I seriously thought I'd be able to really crank out some iRiffs while being out of work with all my new "free time".  Clearly not the case... It takes alot of effort to keep looking for jobs, keep getting rejected for jobs, praying for another extension, playing daddy daycare, etc.  So when I actually have a few minutes to work on a riff, I'm so wiped out or in such a bad mood that I can't write anything funny.  Fortunately it seems like someone from this forum always says or does something to snap me out of a funk.  

So seriously, thanks.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:10:46 PM by k1 »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
Wow, I love our elected officials playing games with peoples lives...... Withhold unemployment unless tax cuts for the wealthy are extended.   Well done pricks, well done.     Congress, just go fuck off and die.....you can be replaced.   I'd love to be on the jury for the trial of someone who physically harms you.

Oh and K1, do I amuse you, am I a clown?  What the fuck is so funny about me Henry, er, K1?!?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #408 on: December 01, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »
Wow, I love our elected officials playing games with peoples lives...... Withhold unemployment unless tax cuts for the wealthy are extended.   Well done pricks, well done.     Congress, just go fuck off and die.....you can be replaced.   I'd love to be on the jury for the trial of someone who physically harms you.

The author of this isn't bitter at all... nope!
But the "We only have 6 and one half hours left." from Scott Brown... man... what a dick.
http://worldnewsvine.com/2010/11/senator-brown-r-ma-blocks-unemployment-extension/comment-page-1/

Oh and K1, do I amuse you, am I a clown?  What the fuck is so funny about me Henry, er, K1?!?
:)

Doctor Who?

« Reply #409 on: December 01, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »

This is why Obama needs to declare marshal law and set in troops to arrest every republican in public office.  It should be a crime to be a member of the republican party,they are enemies of the human race.  People are going to starve to death this winter because of them.  They have declared war on us and have shown that they want us dead,i say we declare war on them.  We need one party and one leader who can not be removed by the rich republicans and can do what ever it takes to save us from them.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
This picture made me laugh.  :D

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

This is why Obama needs to declare marshal law and set in troops to arrest every republican in public office.  It should be a crime to be a member of the republican party,they are enemies of the human race.  People are going to starve to death this winter because of them.  They have declared war on us and have shown that they want us dead,i say we declare war on them.  We need one party and one leader who can not be removed by the rich republicans and can do what ever it takes to save us from them.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
Man, k1... I am really sorry. It's frightening and frustrating to be in that situation. APGIL didn't even collect unemployment while he was out of work, and for years we've been one paycheck away from financial ruin. We're still trying to balance digging out of the hole we were in and moving on with our lives. So I understand how scary it's going to be for you and how frustrating it's been for your wife all along.

I don't really know what I can do, other than offer my friendship and support, but you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Any time you or Sarah need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder I'm always around.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:57:25 PM by wurwolf »
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
Man, k1... I am really sorry. It's frightening and frustrating to be in that situation. APGIL didn't even collect unemployment while he was out of work, and for years we've been one paycheck away from financial ruin. We're still trying to balance digging out of the hole we were in and moving on with our lives. So I understand how scary it's going to be for you and how frustrating it's been for your wife all along.

I don't really know what I can do, other than offer my friendship and support, but you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Any time you or Sarah need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder I'm almost always around.

Won't you be surprised when we show up at your front door in the middle of the night "uh... can we move in?"  :D

Doctor Who?

« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »

The only reason you are not mad is because you are rich and have a job,you are not going to starve or freeze to death this winter.  The Republicans want every person who is not born rich enslaved or dead.  They need to be gotten rid of.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #415 on: December 01, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »

I don't really know what I can do, other than offer my friendship and support, but you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Any time you or Sarah need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder I'm almost always around.

Won't you be surprised when we show up at your front door in the middle of the night "uh... can we move in?"  :D

I'll put you in the unheated attic.  >:D
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »

I can offer you lodging in Houston, of course your family would all have to wear Cardinals gear and I follow the "Great Santini" school of child discipline, so the kids may be in for a shock......

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »

The only reason you are not mad is because you are rich and have a job,you are not going to starve or freeze to death this winter.  The Republicans want every person who is not born rich enslaved or dead.  They need to be gotten rid of.
Dude! You reeeealy need to lay off the cough syrup.. Or the 4 Loco stuff ???

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #418 on: December 01, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »

I can offer you lodging in Houston, of course your family would all have to wear Cardinals gear and I follow the "Great Santini" school of child discipline, so the kids may be in for a shock......
He's not kidding either! :scared:

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #419 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

$52,000 a year is rich?

Actually, I think that what they are doing is pretty low, but besides being employed and middle class, I am also sane and don't think that rounding up your political opponents and throwing them in prison is something we do in America.  This isn't Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany.  Further, what you are suggesting, besides being morally reprehensible, is illegal.  I appreciate you putting words in my mouth though.