login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 118508 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
That is the least sexiest nurse I've ever seen. Nicely done, k1!  :clap:

Fixed it for you.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »
Oh come on, who knew he had such shapely pins?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
No one called about the interview Monday.  The one today seemed to go just as well as that one.

But, of course, they'll be interviewing this Monday too.  And then there will be a follow up with the owner....only that will be after they come back from a trade show....   So some time around the 1st of October they may make a decision about this job.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
Just made more for two hours work than I made in a week at GM. I love VO work. Just need more of it. :)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
Just made more for two hours work than I made in a week at GM. I love VO work. Just need more of it. :)

That's awesome! Congrats!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
So.. When are you gonna throw a party for us forum members there 'money-bags'?? :o :P

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2010, 12:34:38 PM »
When I consistently get gigs like that.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1521
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »

Yeah, that's freelance for you.  Pays great when it pays, but its frequency is up and down.  Makes it very hard to plan for things.  Though it allows you to do something you enjoy, so you learn to live with it.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
Exactly, hope the client liked it because if they did I'm in with a good chance of doing something much much better paying.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Hey, the government says the recession ended in June 2009.

Now where did I put my champagne?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »

Damn. And I was laid off 3/31/09.  So close...  :P

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2010, 01:33:45 PM »

I have an extra bottle lying around here somewhere. I'll have one of my couriers bring it over in...um... well, take the BMW. No, the other one. No, the OTHER one.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
I'm to the point that I'm applying to Arby's.  One nearby had a help wanted sign so I go in and they give me a website to apply.

Just filled it out and answered the questions (which I know you just say what you know they want to hear because they expect you to just say what you know they want to hear and figure it's are you smart enough to lie just say what you know they want to hear...).

Then when I was done, I clicked on something that said "Job opportunities" since there were other locations nearby listed as looking too - and immediately got a message that I didn't meet the requirements of the job but that other stuff comes up, blah, blah, blah...

So.....what was wrong? That I've had real jobs before?

It couldn't have been more that 4 seconds between when I finished the application and getting that message.  Nice to have them give it such careful consideration....   ::)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
I'm to the point that I'm applying to Arby's.  One nearby had a help wanted sign so I go in and they give me a website to apply.

Just filled it out and answered the questions (which I know you just say what you know they want to hear because they expect you to just say what you know they want to hear and figure it's are you smart enough to lie just say what you know they want to hear...).

Then when I was done, I clicked on something that said "Job opportunities" since there were other locations nearby listed as looking too - and immediately got a message that I didn't meet the requirements of the job but that other stuff comes up, blah, blah, blah...

It couldn't have been more that 4 seconds between when I finished the application and getting that message.  Nice to have them give it such careful consideration....   ::)

Ah the classic "You're overqualified."

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »

Ah the classic "You're overqualified."

So why waste time and give me a reason for a grudge against them?  Just put at the beginning of the application, "If you've had more than one job or made above minimum wage before, thanks but no thanks."  Or at least don't have the rejection pop up immediately like that.  What a slap in the face.

And so now I have two job interviews today.  Both that claim they're other things like "customer service" but I know are just cold-calling telemarketing jobs.  Because, I've tried everywhere else.  Back to people trying that stupid Seinfeld joke, calling me a cunt before slamming the phone down and "Why don't you get a real job" - as if someone would WANT to do this.  Assuming I even get one of those.