login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 120811 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »
Break a leg.

In fact, break them both.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2010, 03:53:10 PM »
Break a leg.

And crawl into your interview with a smile ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2010, 03:59:42 PM »
Break a leg.

Employers like that. It shows commitment.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
Break a leg.

Employers like that. It shows commitment.

"Pain Don't Hurt"

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Horrible accident closed down the highway so I was really late.

5 minutes in they said "well we don't want to waste any more of your time." (I replied "its ok, go ahead!" *facepalm* )

More amusing details later, but for now back to my beers so I can finish them intime to go pick up my kid from school.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »
Oh man. I am so sorry, k1. What a stroke of bad luck. :(
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
Bad luck old man.  :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:07 AM »
Just seems weird that they would make you drive all that way just to 'not waste anymore of your time' ???
*waits for further details..*

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
It was supposed to be about an hour and a half long interview and then a tour of the campus & meeting the other team members.  I was in and out of there in about 25 minutes.  Freaking sat in traffic from 10:20 to 11:35 and was out by noon.  I picked the time I did so I could pretty much go straight from the interview to the school to get my kid.  Instead I ended up with 2 hours to kill.  Not quite enough time to make it worth driving in the opposite direction home to get changed and drive back past where I was to get my kid.

Here's news on the crash:
One dead in Middleborough crash
E-mail|LinkSeptember 10, 2010 01:01 PM
By L. Finch, Globe Correspondent

A Massachusetts man died this morning when the pickup truck he was driving crossed the grassy median on Interstate 495 in Middleborough and collided with a sport-utility vehicle, state police said.

The man was traveling northbound when his truck veered into the southbound side of the highway, crashing into the SUV a little before 9:30 a.m., State Police said.

The driver of the truck was pronounced dead at the scene, State Police said. The driver and a passenger in the SUV, a man and woman from Connecticut, were Medflighted to an area hospital with serious injuries.

The southbound side of the highway remains shut down, with traffic diverted to Exit 5, according to the State Police.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Yipes. The median is probably about 50 feet wide and slopes down and then back up.   :o

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
The last two jobs I had, I arrived 30 minutes late for my interview due to either traffic or getting lost.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
Years ago, the last time I was job searching, I took an ill fated plane trip to Chicago that went about that well. I went to the Cincinnatti airport, only to find it was the wrong airport (Cincinnatti has a large one and a small one) so I was late for my flight by the time I got to the right one. So I had to get the next flight (paying $100 transfer fee out of pocket). I finally got there in the afternoon, although it took me a long time to pick up the rental car, and I got lost a few times getting to the building. Since it was a Friday, in the afternoon most of the people I was supposed to interview with were gone and it was just the one guy I knew from a previous job who recommended me highly to get me this interview. We talked for less than half an hour. I went back to the airport, but barely made it in time. I had to run down the hallways to get to my gate. It was like something straight out of a movie. Except I didn't have a hot girl waiting for me. Insteaad, when I went through the metal detector I forgot to pick up my keys afterwards and I didn't realize it untill I got back to my car in the airport parking lot! Fortunately I carry a copy of my car key in my wallet. It was a rough day.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
It was supposed to be about an hour and a half long interview and then a tour of the campus & meeting the other team members.  I was in and out of there in about 25 minutes.  Freaking sat in traffic from 10:20 to 11:35 and was out by noon.  I picked the time I did so I could pretty much go straight from the interview to the school to get my kid.  Instead I ended up with 2 hours to kill.  Not quite enough time to make it worth driving in the opposite direction home to get changed and drive back past where I was to get my kid.

I still think it's pretty shady of them to make you waste your time and gas for nothing >:(

A phone call would've been more tactful IMO..

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »

I still think it's pretty shady of them to make you waste your time and gas for nothing >:(

A phone call would've been more tactful IMO..

Who knows maybe the other candidates will be worse and I get the job?  :P

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that k1.  Then again, thankfully you didn't decide to get started earlier and end up a part of that accident....   :-\

I have a job interview on Monday. They're filling at least two different jobs that I have done before.  Had a choice of an 11am appointment and 1:45pm and I took afternoon so I can make sure I get there in time....

So that's what I'm doing this weekend....getting ready.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
I have signed for 6 huge Mary Kay boxes in the past week for my wife.  The only show that my wife did so far only had 2 people show up who barely bought anything. (Like 2 lipsticks each or something?)  If anyone wants to buy some Mary Kay crap, let me know.  :-\