login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 118009 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »
an animated graph of the unemployment rate. Spooky
http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html
and the 3% or less colors are in sparsely populated areas so they should be 10% or greater as well :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:59 AM »
Looks like a zombie outbreak from some cheesy Sci-Fi original movie.

Shhhhhh, they might hear you.

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2010, 09:44:10 AM »
glad i got out of california while i could :D and got a job :P yippee!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »
Looks like a zombie outbreak from some cheesy Sci-Fi original movie.

Shhhhhh, they might hear you.

Too late!

It premieres next Friday.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
Madre Dei, ahem well Washtenaw County seems to be doing OK, comparatively speaking.  Sigh.

Oh I have an interview for a senior research position on Monday, fingers crossed folks. I might have to blag my way into that but I'm English and charming, what could go wrong?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »
Madre Dei, ahem well Washtenaw County seems to be doing OK, comparatively speaking.  Sigh.

Oh I have an interview for a senior research position on Monday, fingers crossed folks. I might have to blag my way into that but I'm English and charming, what could go wrong?

[sarcasm]But GM is making huge profits now and the Bush tax cuts are still in place so they called you back, right?[/sarcasm]

Break a leg, Sweetie.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2010, 03:20:23 PM »

Good luck. I have no doubt your insouciant charm will win them over.  :)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
Been feeling a bit depressed lately due to the serious lack of money coming into our business..
My brother and I have even partnered to offer various computer services but that's been slow to take off and now he's working a contract job for the next 4 months which could really affect this business as well as trying to building a customer base for it.. :-\
BUT, I am very much looking forward to my next vacation to Mexico in November as we will be driving there this time and staying for a month and a half er so :o

We were a sponsor yesterday (Sunday) for  the Spanish version of TV Guide (TV Guia) at the old plaza where we had a branch of our business the first half of this year, and had a lot of interest from Latino customers about our various services but we didn't make a single cent..  :-[
I loaded up my complete computer system for onsite services and everything with $0 in return.. :(

While there, I did go to visit our old Jeweler neighbor next door to where we were and said that several customers were looking for us after we left, and he offered us part of his space to rent for only $50/month working just weekends only and no contracts (so if it doesn't work out, we are free to leave) and we wouldn't be dealing with the plaza management (who we were having issues with throughout the 5-6 months we were there) so we're seriously considering that offer :o
There is the chance that the management may not allow this once they discover it because we would still be working under their roof and by their own rules, we must have Liability insurance and a Retail license for that location (which I do not plan on getting cause that's gonna cost even more money) so we'll see how it goes.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »
OK so I managed to convince people to stop low balling me on a VO project I'm doing for them so starting Thursday I should be recording the voices for a motion comic (pending a satisfactory contract). Tentative woooo

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
I wonder if employers are purposely low balling pay because so many people are out of work..
I guess so long as it's minimum wage or above, they can get away with offering insulting wages ::)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »
I wonder if employers are purposely low balling pay because so many people are out of work..
I guess so long as it's minimum wage or above, they can get away with offering insulting wages ::)

In this case I think they were unfamiliar with how much they should pay me. I'm actually still giving them my services below average per session but I'm happy that it'll not be too low . :)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »

In this case I think they were unfamiliar with how much they should pay me. I'm actually still giving them my services below average per session but I'm happy that it'll not be too low . :)
Well low pay is better than No pay then :o

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
With four weeks of UI left, hell yes it is.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5674
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
What? Why that would be selfish and deceitful. And as Republicans keeps asssuring us, businesses* always have everyone's best interest at heart. (head explodes from too much sarcasm)

*Well, large corporations anyway. Small businesses can go fuck themselves apparently.