Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 118485 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 987
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
Compound, your math is mostly solid, but it's also mentioned somewhere in the third season that Turk's brother footed the bill for his education.  I know the episode you're talking about (in which J.D. laments that the average resident has about $120,000 in debt and makes about as much as a waiter).  I'll need to pull out my DVDs and check again, but I don't think Turk ever specifically mentioned student loan debt.  J.D. clearly states that he is over $100,000 in debt.

Hmm. I could have sworn that Turk said that as well. I seem to recall something along those lines in an episode when he and J.D. were working in a clinic during their off hours. Then again, I might be misremembering. (Or they might have written something later that changed it.)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 07:36:20 AM »
Compound, your math is mostly solid, but it's also mentioned somewhere in the third season that Turk's brother footed the bill for his education.  I know the episode you're talking about (in which J.D. laments that the average resident has about $120,000 in debt and makes about as much as a waiter).  I'll need to pull out my DVDs and check again, but I don't think Turk ever specifically mentioned student loan debt.  J.D. clearly states that he is over $100,000 in debt.

Hmm. I could have sworn that Turk said that as well. I seem to recall something along those lines in an episode when he and J.D. were working in a clinic during their off hours. Then again, I might be misremembering. (Or they might have written something later that changed it.)

Well, every show has continuity errors.  Remember in the last episode, when The Janitor presented the penny that J.D. stuck in the door in the first episode 8 years before?  In the close up shot, you can clearly see that it's a 2006 penny.  Except that when the show started in 2001 (eight years before the finale in 2009), 2006 pennies would, of course, not be available.  The finale would have to have taken place in 2014 or later.  Which it didn't.

I do need to check those DVDs though.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
So yesterday I was told by one of the owners of the post facility that, amongst other things, does all the sound work for Sponge Bob that I'm on the short list for a staff position at the branch they're opening about an hour away from me.

This is probably good news but I don't know, I'll believe it when I see it. :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
So yesterday I was told by one of the owners of the post facility that, amongst other things, does all the sound work for Sponge Bob that I'm on the short list for a staff position at the branch they're opening about an hour away from me.

An Hour Away ???

That would suck IMO :-\

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »
Nah it's just a drive down the freeway, on a good day it's like 35 minutes.

Plus it's sort of a specialized job, it's not like there are post houses on every corner and, like I said, it's a good post house to be on staff at.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:36:16 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
Nah it's just a drive down the freeway, on a good day it's like 35 minutes.

Plus it's sort of a specialized job, it's not like there are post houses on every corner and, like I said, it's a good post house to be on staff at.

This sounds more like a WWOOO than an Economic Downturn then :-\

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
No it's related to my work situation hence it being here.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
No it's related to my work situation hence it being here.
Ah..

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:33 AM »

An Hour Away ???

That would suck IMO :-\

Hey, my work is 38 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes on average, each way.  It's been about 2 years, and the iPod loaded with podcasts and audiobooks innures me to it.  I sure am going through a lot of gasoline though.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:05 AM »
Hey I can't seem to find this info on the web can anyone here tell me what kind of shape you have to be in to join the army?  I am pretty sure I am too old and even if I am not I am about 100 pounds over weight so I don't think I can get into shape in time,but I really need to look into it since I can't find a job that doesn't require me to have my own car.  I really don't want to kill people for a living but it seems to be the only thing out there any more.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »
Hey I can't seem to find this info on the web can anyone here tell me what kind of shape you have to be in to join the army?  I am pretty sure I am too old and even if I am not I am about 100 pounds over weight so I don't think I can get into shape in time,but I really need to look into it since I can't find a job that doesn't require me to have my own car.  I really don't want to kill people for a living but it seems to be the only thing out there any more.
You may just have to call the recruiter..

Doctor Who?

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2010, 01:19:46 AM »
okay,thanks.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2010, 01:35:51 AM »

I would say don't. If you don't want to be in the military, don't sign up. If you want to enlist, it's a great experience, but if you join out of some misguided idea that you have no other choice, you will be very very very very very very very miserable. There are jobs out there.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2010, 04:47:19 AM »
I would say don't. If you don't want to be in the military, don't sign up. If you want to enlist, it's a great experience, but if you join out of some misguided idea that you have no other choice, you will be very very very very very very very miserable. There are jobs out there.
Yeah seconded there.

Also, you're not too old, I'm not too old (except for a couple of the services) and you're far younger than me.

But AB is right don't join the military as a last resort because it'll be nothing but misery for you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:58:24 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2010, 05:27:51 AM »
Joining the military will .. TURN YOU INTO A LEAN MEAN KILLING MACHINE!!! :grr: :angry:

:speechless: