login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 132410 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 351
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #1170 on: June 06, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
Supervisor should be pissed off, but taking it out on others isn't helping her. Not sure if the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to federal employees, but in the private sector FLSA claims for not paying for employees for time worked are a big deal.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4544
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1171 on: June 06, 2020, 05:01:44 PM »
Supervisor should be pissed off, but taking it out on others isn't helping her. Not sure if the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to federal employees, but in the private sector FLSA claims for not paying for employees for time worked are a big deal.
The postmaster had a meeting with the city carriers union members on Friday about her crazy practices and she seemed to be in an irritable mood the rest of the day after the meeting was over..
Pretty sure she's trying to cut costs in the budget to make her look good but she's causing more problems than she's solving.
I'm sure the supervisor is looking into some form of legal process to get paid for her lost lunch hours. We'll see what happens there.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1172 on: June 24, 2020, 02:11:10 PM »
Overall I'm pretty happy with my new position at the local post office but i ran into a couple of 'hiccups' when I took the initiative to deliver some mail to the other post office across town a week and a half ago.. Someone reported this to a union rep who in turn filed a grievance about it. This got back to the supervisor who contacted me this morning on my day off wondering why I did that?
I was out delivering Express Mail and I volunteered to take the mail over there since I was out that way and the carriers had already headed out on their routes but apparently in doing this, it takes away from the carriers job of delivering the mail so now I have to write up a statement stating that I voluntarily took the mail to the other post office and that I was not told to do this by the supervisor. Ok fair enough.  >:(
So teamwork and taking the initiative is heavily is frowned upon by the union and one wonders why the post office is in such disarray ::)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2959
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1173 on: June 24, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
So teamwork and taking the initiative is heavily is frowned upon by the union and one wonders why the post office is in such disarray ::)

That's how unions do stuff everywhere, if it's spelled out that certain people do certain jobs no one else can do them even if no one is available.  We once went to get some donated equipment from a company and by the time we were ready to get it out the door it was lunch time, one of the scientists took the door off it's hinges and said he was going to get in big trouble for doing a union job, but we couldn't wait for lunch to be over to start loading the big stuff into our rental truck.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1174 on: June 24, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
I'm a member of our local union but petty BS like this makes me want to stop paying my bi-weekly dues >:( I simply was not aware of this but now that I am I won't do it again.
The supervisor stopped short of telling me that I might not deliver Express Mail anymore unless absolutely necessary. I wouldn't like losing the Express Mail delivery option because I get paid $0.58/mile using my own vehicle while still on the clock, and it gets me out of the post office and away from the management for a couple of hours.
I'm pretty sure that once I get the statement written and submitted and i get a 'verbal scolding' from the supervisor things should go back to normal.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1175 on: June 25, 2020, 07:11:35 PM »
Yeah, get why unions are necessary in some places, but grievance filed against me after starting a new job and cleaning out a bunch of shit from an office that I was taking over to the trash because taking the trash out was a union job pissed me off. Had to bite my tongur and promise not to take out my own trash out again to settle it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1176 on: June 26, 2020, 12:42:26 AM »
Submitted my statement to the supervisor and all seems well now.
This makes Teamwork nonexistent when petty crap like this happens  >:(
Today my former idiot manager will be working at the post office I transferred to last month because the supervisor is off.  Not looking forward to this but it's only for one day..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1177 on: June 26, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »
So an Express Mail package was scanned in yesterday morning and has turned up missing. I scanned in all known Express Mail packages around 9am and one was mis-delivered to our post office and needed to be returned to Charlotte to be sent to the correct post office..
While I was in Charlotte, another Express Mail piece was scanned in by someone around 9:30am and Out for Delivery at 10:01am but is now lost. The new Postmaster immediately places the blame on me because I scanned in all the other Express Mail pieces and they were all accounted for except for this one.
My clock-rings (as they're called when my time card is swiped to a particular job function) shows I was swiped over to 'travel' either on my way to, or returning from the Charlotte Postal Distribution Center (PDC) when this missing Express Mail piece was scanned into our post office so it seems obvious that someone else must've scanned in that mail piece when I was away yet I'm still the focus of blame ::)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1178 on: June 29, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
So my boss gave me shit last Monday because I requested a half day off last Friday without requesting it a full week in advance like I'm supposed to. We're in different countries and most of our meetings are via phone and 5 minutes before my half day off last Friday he called with a long list of stuff to discuss which resulted in me not being able to leave until an hour after I was supposed to leave and my scheduling follow up meetings with him and others for a bunch things for this week. He didn't show for the first meeting today and I learned after the meeting that he decided to take vacation for this entire week.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1179 on: June 30, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
Speaking of idiot bosses..
I'm the new 'Safety rep' for our post office and our new Postmaster decided to tell me today that there was going to be a safety inspection of our facility next Tuesday..
Well it would have been nice if I was told a little further in advance, and the fact that I was also going on vacation the rest of the week in which I would be returning the day before the inspection, oh yeah and I also need access to the Safety Toolkit in preparation for the inspection which I currently do not have ... ::)
I tell her all this and she says "Well you better get on it!" Ok then, so I bypassed her and contacted the Safety Inspector in Charlotte that was going to conduct the inspection for additional time due to the factors I listed and she moved the inspection to July 21 instead. Not sure why this postmaster couldn't do that >:(

And I submitted my monthly eTravel statement for the month of June before leaving where I racked up an astonishing $458 dollars mostly for picking up/delivering Express mail and like a couple minutes before leaving I get called into her office where she asks me who gave me authorization to handle Express Mail which I replied the Supervisor.. So now it sounds like I will be doing very limited Express Mail deliveries but if no one else is available then I'll have to deliver it because it's a Money-Back Guaranteed service if it's not delivered on time.
We'll see what happens with that..