login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 130478 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4439
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #1080 on: November 27, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
So I cover lunches at a smaller post office in town and the senior clerk there as been getting a bit more difficult to work with lately. .
She acts demeaning at times about petty little things like how I offer shipping services to customers or how I conduct various over the counter transactions, and other stuff. Yesterday I was dealing with a customer about a shipping issue and she calls her over to her station saying that I was new and could take care of her issue.. OK fine. Then today as my shift was coming to an end, she was at her counter so I proceeded to close out my register and she disappeared! There were no customers in line when she came up but when she disappeared then 3 customers came in at the same time and I had already closed out my register. When she did finally show back up she asks what are you doing? I said I'm closing out. She says you have to wait till I'm up here  and I said you were then disappeared. She then said I was in the bathroom can't I go to the bathroom? All this being said in front of customers! I just grabbed my register and locked it up and clocked out!
Other clerkshave had issues with her in the past and because she the most senior lead clerk between all 3 post offices she thinks she can throw her weight around and talk demeaning in front of customers.
Yeah this just adds to my wanting to switch crafts from clerk to custodial/maintenance as soon as possible  >:(

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
« Reply #1081 on: November 28, 2019, 03:54:46 PM »
Work for an international company. Several meetings that were scheduled for earlier this week got canceled for various reasons and rescheduled for today- Thanksgiving- as Thanksgiving is only a U.S. holiday (well, some other countries have similar holidays, but they aren't today). So spent half of my day on conference calls. Took them from home and had a beer during the last one, but still kind of sucks.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1082 on: December 01, 2019, 05:33:47 AM »
I forgot to mention on Friday after 2pm we had 3 customers come in; 2 black guys and 1 white woman wanting $2000 in money orders each. I handled 1 guy and the woman with their money orders and the other senior clerk handled the other guy.. They all paid with $20 bills. My cash drawer was overflowing that I had to rubber band 4 $1000 stacks just to get it to close :o
Turns out this type of transaction may be part of a money laundering scheme of some sort so we both filled out paperwork about 'Suspicious Transactions', listing the money order serial numbers that were purchased and sent them off for investigations.
We alerted the other 2 post offices in town and they appeared at the one post office I normally work at and purchased similar amounts there.
Purchasing money orders over $3000 requires IDs and other paperwork to be filled out so they didn't want to do that.. Not sure how purchasing $1000 money orders can be used for illegal purposes but it sounds like it happens fairly often :-\

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1083 on: December 01, 2019, 05:51:04 AM »
I forgot to mention on Friday after 2pm we had 3 customers come in; 2 black guys and 1 white woman wanting $2000 in money orders each. I handled 1 guy and the woman with their money orders and the other senior clerk handled the other guy.. They all paid with $20 bills. My cash drawer was overflowing that I had to rubber band 4 $1000 stacks just to get it to close :o
Turns out this type of transaction may be part of a money laundering scheme of some sort so we both filled out paperwork about 'Suspicious Transactions', listing the money order serial numbers that were purchased and sent them off for investigations.
We alerted the other 2 post offices in town and they appeared at the one post office I normally work at and purchased similar amounts there.
Purchasing money orders over $3000 requires IDs and other paperwork to be filled out so they didn't want to do that.. Not sure how purchasing $1000 money orders can be used for illegal purposes but it sounds like it happens fairly often :-\
If they paid with all $20 bills I would think maybe they're counterfeit. Or possibly bills traceable to a bank robbery?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:55:20 AM by Darth Geek »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1084 on: December 01, 2019, 07:00:31 AM »
If they paid with all $20 bills I would think maybe they're counterfeit. Or possibly bills traceable to a bank robbery?
They all seemed real and that made me think back when I bought that money counting machine that detects counterfeit bills that I was not allowed to use because it wasn't 'postal approved' ::) that would have been real handy then.
we left all the bundles together for when they are deposited so the bank would have those bill serial numbers..
It may also be a way for drug dealers to 'compress' their profits because they don't have bank accounts and in turn avoid a paper trail the IRS could use for getting the individuals to pay income taxes.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1085 on: December 05, 2019, 05:39:15 AM »
The Christmas rush is well underway now and the clerks like me are having to adjust to changing work schedules..
A senior clerk volunteered to work the midnight shift from 12am until 8 or 10am whenever the parcels were completely sorted. That threw the rest of the clerks into disarray as the counter was then short 1 clerk during the Christmas rush and there was no one available to cover evening dispatch to get all the outgoing mail and parcels sorted to be shipped out to the Charlotte distribution center. I normally come in from 5:30am-2pm to sort morning mail and parcels then leave around 10am to cover lunches at the smaller post office in town till 2pm.
I volunteered to come in starting at 10am till 2pm to cover lunches at the smaller post office, then go to my assigned post office to cover breaks for the other clerks at the counter from 2-4:30pm then work dispatch till 6:30pm. This plan has been working out so far but now the senior clerk that volunteered to work the 12am shift doesn't like working those hours now and wants to go back to working his normal schedule of 9:30am-6:30pm but I said I've already took these new hours for this week and if I was forced to switch back again this week I would probably file a grievance with the union so he's going to stay where he is until next week when the new schedule is posted.
This senior clerk is very 'wishy-washy' as he volunteers for schedule changes then doesn't like it and wants to change back or he will apply for job transfers to another post office then backs out when accepted ::)
I would love to work the 12am shift like I did last year but since I'm the only roving clerk between all 3 post offices in town, I'm needed more to cover working the counter between 2 of the 3 post offices during the Christmas season. There's plenty of opportunity to make some overtime during December and 'Penalty Overtime' is waved till January 2 because there's really no way to avoid working some overtime and the fact that we are still under staffed so we are all wore out by days end :-[

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1086 on: December 15, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »
Getting ready to go in at 4am for Amazon Sunday at my assigned post office.
I'll work 8 hours on my day off at time and a half all day so that'll be nice.
The doofus manager is back to his micro-managing ways creating more chaos than productivity pissing off both city & rural carriers alike ::) He has us clerks knocking out FedEx in the mornings which does help us get ahead of the Christmas rush but wants us to date them in the system for the next day which doesn't make a whole lot of sense if they're being delivered the same day ???
He's been acting friendly with me this past week asking me again about my submarine career and even wanting to talk NFL football.. Neither of which I want to discuss with him but just to keep the peace I engage in 'small talk' with him.. I'd rather just do my job than converse with him about anything >:( I know the reason he's acting friendly with me, it's because he needs me to get things sorted in a timely manner (which I can do well) so the carriers can get out making their deliveries and get back in at a decent time.
Just over a week to go and this Christmas season will be a wrap.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1087 on: December 20, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
Working crazy ass hours this past week for Christmas and the dipshit manager is at it again with his power-trip aggravating carriers and getting on my nerves yet again ::)
So this past Sunday I worked Amazon Sunday and when I was finished I was supposed to scan the parcels for the PO Boxes "Available for Pickup" to stop the clock on them but forgot as this is normally done by another Clerk.. As a result we had 12 'failures' where the clock ran past 24 hours after scanning to be delivered so as a result an email was sent by higher-ups alerting us of the failures. I owned up to them after the report was ran showing it was because of the PO Box parcels and dumbass goes on his authoritative/tyrannical rant about how this looks bad on us and threatened to write me up over it! I went to the other manager who's now the acting postmaster and he told me it wasn't as big of a deal as he made it out to be and that I told him I would make sure that was done in the future and that was the end of it but doofus wanted to continue to beat the dead horse some more with me which I just ignored him.

Today I found out he pissed off a rural carrier to the point that he's filed a major grievance against him which could lead to his removal as a result. The idiot manager was warned earlier this year that if he had one more major grievance filed against him it would lead to his dismissal so we'll see what happens with this.

Also found out today that the other roving clerk (like me) that her job was just posted. The acting postmaster had said earlier that her job would not be posted nor filled last month but that was obviously just talk. I mentioned that maybe I would bid on it even though it's the same job I do already and was told I could bid on it if I wanted to.. Obviously I won't as I'm still waiting to that Custodial/Maintenance position to come up and Then I'll bid on that job instead :-X

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5890
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #1088 on: December 23, 2019, 08:45:04 AM »
I hope it works out for you.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1089 on: December 29, 2019, 04:29:15 AM »
Been working with my local Union shop steward about my 'Out of Schedule' pay from last month and I've sent him all the information he needs multiple times by text and email where my schedule was posted originally, then changed for 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday), and changed again for the following Friday and for some reason he still wasn't understanding my calculations ??? I had to literally type out the calculations for each day and send it to him just so he could go ahead and file the grievance.. after 5 weeks now! ::) I've been told he doesn't seem to do much union work but I'm not gonna just let this slide as I could easily just send it to the union rep for our district in Charlotte to do it for him like I did my first 'Out of Schedule' grievance but I'd rather not do that because we actually get along and he went to bat for me when the dipshit manager tried to thwart me going career 7 months back. We'll see how this goes.

As for the dipshit manager, yesterday he was supposed to do closeout that evening. Supervisors are required to stay until the dispatch truck arrives to take the outgoing mail and parcels away but he had no intention of doing that apparently.. He tells me at first that if I wanted to I could run down to the store to pick up something to eat or drink while on the clock and I declined the offer. Then a little bit later he starts griping about why I'm coming in 15 minutes early and not taking a lunch which I replied the counter was busy and the other clerk needed the help along with having to do the PO box mail at the smaller office in town, then get back to my regular post office to handle the outgoing mail. He asks me what time the dispatch truck usually arrives on Saturday evening and I said around 6:30pm. So then he tells me he's supposedly not getting paid for today and wants me to stay till the truck leaves and I said ok so he bolts out on his motorcycle at 4:45pm leaving the safe open and leaving the mail truck keys with gas cards out which should be locked up at the end of the day. I went ahead and took care of locking them up as well as closing the safe. The truck finally left at 6:45pm and I left right after that working a total of 9.75 hours for the day.
Never in my life have I seen such a worthless manager do what ever he can to get out of doing his job! He's literally incompetent and the supervisors (as well as us clerks) have to do his job!
Almost forgot, last week he had the seasonal help PSE handle Express packages which of course he screwed up because he wasn't shown how to process them in properly! That's supposed to be a supervisor/manager responsibility only but again he'll just pass his work off to others just to avoid doing his job! Unbelievable ::)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1090 on: December 31, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »
So it finally happened!! That dumbass manager crossed the line with me this morning!
He called me into his office with a supervisor and he told me I'm causing problems between the two post offices I work at all because I wanted clarification on my schedule for Friday! It showed I was scheduled to work 8:30am at the post office I cover lunches at but another clerk is off on vacation at my assigned post office so I assume I would be going back to my assigned post office to cover dispatch for that evening so the clerk at the the post office I cover lunches at apparently canceled her leave thinking I wouldn't be there but after I ask for clarification I'm told I will be at that office all day so now she may wind up take that day off after all.. Then he goes on saying I do what ever I feel like doing which is a complete fabrication. I have been clocking in a half hour early during the Christmas rush in December, as well as this morning because we were short handed on people. He then actually accused me of having it out for him which I responded "What are you talking about?? All I wanted was Clarification on my schedule! You know what, I want to speak to my Union representative because I'm not going to sit here and listen to you talk about your conspiracy theories! I have work to do! I'm going to take this Express mail to the Main post office downtown and then proceed on to the other post office to cover their lunches!" And I stormed out!
Then I get to the Main post office with the Express mail and not even 2 minutes later here comes the dipshit manager.. He actually followed me there!! That's Stalking!
When I saw him, I left immediately and called the Union rep on the phone on the way to the third post office and he advised me on what to do to file the major grievance which I'm working on now.
This asshole will be gone sometime in 2020 as a result this!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1091 on: January 03, 2020, 04:36:31 AM »
And the drama continues but luckily the acting postmaster whom I get along with is back in town from vacation..
One of the senior clerks at the post office I cover lunches at apparently had a mild heart attack on January 1 so a supervisor at the main post office downtown texted me at 10:30pm asking if I could come in on my day off to help cover the office in his place which I agreed to do.
Worked the whole day and just before 5:30pm when I was about to clock out I get a text from the clerk that does scheduling at my assigned post office saying I needed to report there at 8:30am instead of going to the smaller post office I cover lunches at.. I told the other remaining clerk at the small post office about this change and she immediately contacted the acting postmaster and he in turn contacted the scheduling clerk to cancel the schedule change..
This is the Very Same Issue I had earlier in the week because I wanted to get clarification on my schedule for today and got in this huge heated argument with the idiot manager on New Years Eve!! And here she goes trying to yank me around Yet Again trying to change my schedule to be in 2 places at once!! The 'excuse' she used was that she was 'not aware' that the clerk had a heart attack so my schedule will remain unchanged after all ::)
She apparently has this complex where she doesn't want the other 2 post offices in her business and purposely doesn't communicate with them about anything if at all possible but in my case I'm the Only roving clerk available among all 4 post offices so communication Is Required in order for me to know where to be at different days of the week!
I have no idea what my schedule is next week as no one at my assigned office has told me anything yet so I'm going to just have to guess what my hours will be till I get there but I'm pretty sure I'll still be working at the smaller post office till the other clerk returns later next week.

I see why the clerk that transferred out in March of last year (who's job I got) left and the other clerk that transferred out after Thanksgiving left as well! The number of 'chiefs' telling this little Indian what to do is just beyond ridiculous!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1092 on: January 08, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
Meeting with my local union rep tomorrow about filing my major grievance against my idiot manager. Planning on finalizing my statement to submit with the paperwork.
There is also a safety inspector that will be interviewing carriers about the same manager creating undue stress which has the potential of putting the safety of the carriers in jeopardy.
Things look like they could finally be coming to a head with regards to forcing his removal in the near future :o We'll see..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1093 on: January 15, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »
Submitted my paperwork for my major grievance against the idiot manager on Monday and today a union safety rep for the rural carriers was conducting a 'class action' investigation on the hostile working environment produced by the same manager. He interviewed rural & city carriers along with the mail clerks (me included) for a good 4 hours this morning.
The idiot manager just sat at the supervisors desk not talking to hardly anyone while he went around the post office asking each person 1 by 1 to answer his questions..
Things are starting to happen now :o

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #1094 on: January 15, 2020, 01:37:32 PM »
Nice.

Worst person I ever worked with was a manager at a retail store. I probably should've done the same. He was the reason why that store had as large of turnaround as it did. Heard amazing stories about a previous employee who left solely because of him. Nobody should be treated the way he treated people. I remember one time, I went to the break room because, well, it was my break. Little did I know he was in there with the district manager. He led me out of the room, then grabbed me by the back of the neck the rest of the way reprimanding me about how I should *never* enter the employee break room when he's having meeting in there. Y'know... instead of them talking in the private office literally right next door to the break room. Only time I saw him happy was when a highly valued football player joined his favorite team. And when his team was sucking, he was always worse for the wear.

If this were now, I would totally file a grievance.