Author Topic: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD WE SEE?  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD WE SEE?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 12:25:45 AM »
Seriously, every time I go to the movies, there's some backseat mst-er trying to impress his girlfriend.  Either that or someone who constantly and loudly talks about something completely unrelated to the film.  [/rant]

But the worst is the person who keeps asking his companion, "Who's that guy?" or "Why'd he do that?" or "What's happening?" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WATCH THE MOVIE! Maybe you'd be able to follow along better if you stopped yapping. (My girlfriend's mother is the queen of doing that. Very nice person, but I can't be around her and a TV.)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 05:21:01 AM »
Here here!!!

Where where?

I can't believe I typed that wrong!! I'm usually a stickler for that sort of thing!

I guess my mind was somewhere else. D'oh!

Seriously, every time I go to the movies, there's some backseat mst-er trying to impress his girlfriend.  Either that or someone who constantly and loudly talks about something completely unrelated to the film.  [/rant]

But the worst is the person who keeps asking his companion, "Who's that guy?" or "Why'd he do that?" or "What's happening?" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WATCH THE MOVIE! Maybe you'd be able to follow along better if you stopped yapping. (My girlfriend's mother is the queen of doing that. Very nice person, but I can't be around her and a TV.)

A friend of mine was like that when we tried to watch LOTR: The Two Towers. Every other second she asked those very same questions, and I wanted nothing more than to backhand her, but that would have been slightly ungentlemanly of me.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:23:25 AM by kodiakthejuggler »

Offline LolygagerX

• Schnappi Supporter
  • You think he likes Ham,Wait til ya see me like Ham
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 06:47:28 PM »
Guys like that are the reason I don't go to theaters, but I imagine if it were a Rifftraxer or the Riffmaster, I'd be ok with it because Mike is actually funny and not a moron.  Seriously, every time I go to the movies, there's some backseat mst-er trying to impress his girlfriend.  Either that or someone who constantly and loudly talks about something completely unrelated to the film.  [/rant]
One time there was some kid and his little girlfriend who was sitting in front of a group of 8 of us. It was at John Carpenter's In the Mouth Of Madness and he was making noises and doing fake scare jumps etc. I leaned right behind him during a quiet part in the movie and told him "To shut the hell up!" It was heard by a lot of people in the theater. Immediately after that my friend James gave him a Nelson Muntz "Ha-Haa!" and the entire theater erupted in the laughter. The girl was sinking so low in her seat and was so embarrassed to be seen with him. She was there for like another five minutes and she got up and ran out of the theater. It was great!

Lol thats awsome... There are some parts in movies where i cant resist makeing a joke in a movie.. Im in the front right of the theater.. Theres such a dumb part in a movie i just made the best joke and every cracks up with laughter... But somtimes it doesent work... and every ones like "Shut the hell up!" ... But the times it does work its awsome..

AHH!! WE HAVE MOVIE SIGN!!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 12:43:35 AM »
So have there been anymore suggestions for movie because I think they need to see:

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3040
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 12:46:33 AM »
If we want to give them something at least POTENTIALLY good, someone nice could suggest Eragon... :^)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 02:09:18 AM »
So have there been anymore suggestions for movie because I think they need to see:

Why is that little boy's name Donna?  ;D

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 04:39:12 AM »

When I saw the trailer for that, I couldn't help but wonder how it was pitched to studio execs...

"Uh, think Home Alone meets...er, that movie with Tom Hanks as a guy who can't leave the airport...what the hell was that thing called?" ;D

Yeah, that movie looks like it will suck. I guess Lewis Black really needed money badly to agree to appear in the movie.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Fingal

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 12:46:59 PM »
Here here!!!

Where where?

I can't believe I typed that wrong!! I'm usually a stickler for that sort of thing!

I guess my mind was somewhere else. D'oh!

A friend of mine was like that when we tried to watch LOTR: The Two Towers. Every other second she asked those very same questions, and I wanted nothing more than to backhand her, but that would have been slightly ungentlemanly of me.   ;D

LOL! MY wife was doing that when we were watching The Departed. I wanted to scream: "ARE WE WATCHING THE SAME MOVIE?!!" Yikes!

I'd go with Eragon. Fantasy riffs are king.
I have to tingal.

Offline Dirty Smelly Anteater

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »

LOL! MY wife was doing that when we were watching The Departed. I wanted to scream: "ARE WE WATCHING THE SAME MOVIE?!!" Yikes!

Agreed on Eragon, and I just want to let Fingal here know I am going to change my name.  Stupid me misspelling things.

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 12:58:19 PM »
I just want to let Fingal here know I am going to change my name.  Stupid me misspelling things.

You bungled and boggled the Fingal handle.
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline Fingal

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »

Agreed on Eragon, and I just want to let Fingal here know I am going to change my name.  Stupid me misspelling things.

No worries! Have a pringle, fingle and you'll tingle. ;D
I have to tingal.

Offline Dirty Smelly Anteater

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »

No worries! Have a pringle, fingle and you'll tingle. ;D

Ok, I think this is a good compromise.

Also, I know it's probably taboo, but there's got to be something worth riffing in The Nativity Story.

Offline Fingal

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »
 :o

Oh my-you on the Hell Express!

LOL! I agree-there has to be one or two riffs in there!
I have to tingal.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3040
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »
Well they aren't RIFFING it, necessarily. They're just gonna go see it. I dunno. Maybe the Riffing is implied when the Rifftrax crew sees any movie. :^)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 08:38:50 AM »
How could you NOT sit there and riff on something like that.

Unless the movie is FANTASTIC and you are totally suspended in it's world, how can you not riff something if it's in your blood?

Oh yes, there will be riffing!
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.