login

Author Topic: Any a youse guys like/remember Seanbaby? (+ story about Uwe Boll)  (Read 8888 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Any a youse guys like/remember Seanbaby? (+ story about Uwe Boll)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 06:22:33 AM »
Interesting. I only know Seanbaby from his EGM articles. I wasn't aware he was an internet personality before that whole thing. I always found his articles funny since he always writes about the crappy games that most people wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. I don't get EGM anymore (it was a promotional subscription from IGN), so I haven't read any of his more recent stuff.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »
If I were Lowtax I'd probably be funny.

Doubtful, since LowTax isn't funny at all.  He surrounds himself with actual funny and seems funnier as a result.  It's more some form of comedic osmosis than anything else.
Gosh, you aren't a fan? I'd never have guessed!

LowTax is the "Curly-Joe" DeRita of internet comedy.

He's f'ing clown shoes, man.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3036
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
He's f'ing clown shoes, man.

Gross. Tell him to stop. :^)

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 09:23:06 PM »
Tarantulas may just enjoy this. It's Rich Kyanka getting tooled by Uwe Boll.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqbVb-W7GqI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tqbVb-W7GqI</a>

Check out Lowtax's boxing stance and tell me you STILL think he's not funny.   :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 09:25:45 PM by Dr.Impossible »
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:20 PM »
I think I speak for a number of Riffaholics when I say what the hell are you people talking about?

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 06:55:15 AM »
I think I speak for a number of Riffaholics when I say what the hell are you people talking about?

Uwe Boll is the Coleman Francis of his day. Violence being the last resort of the incompetent, he decided to save some face by challenging his toughest critics (and Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka of Something Awful, who conducted an interview with Mike Nelson and is rumored to be a future guest riffer) to a boxing match. He's a pretty good boxer with some punching power (perhaps short of KO power) and so he pretty much tooled all the comedians, who thought they were there for light sparring and PR.

Seanbaby Riley is a tallish fellow who trains Muay Thai and BJJ and happens to be the lowbrow comedic genius (in my opinion) behind seanbaby.com, fatchicksinpartyhats.com, and has since moved beyond the world of internet comedy to do some TV spots and to write for EGM. One of his TV roles was as guest host of Attack of the Show. Boll was going to appear on said show and fight one of the hosts, particularly after Riley made the amusing comment "Boxing is to fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting." Boll, being  a short fellow and probably not as dumb as his movies would lead one to believe, wisely cancelled his appearance on the show and backed out of his challenge after finding out Seanbaby's height, weight, and age.

That clear everything up?

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 03:11:49 PM »
Figures. A guy who could make a cenematic turd like Bloodrayne and somehow greenlight a second one needs the crap kicked out of him by someone. Please. Anyone?

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
Figures. A guy who could make a cenematic turd like Bloodrayne and somehow greenlight a second one needs the crap kicked out of him by someone. Please. Anyone?

Not gonna happen. He picks his opponents pretty well, it seems like.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 05:00:43 AM »

Uwe Boll is the Coleman Francis of his day. Violence being the last resort of the incompetent, he decided to save some face by challenging his toughest critics (and Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka of Something Awful, who conducted an interview with Mike Nelson and is rumored to be a future guest riffer) to a boxing match. He's a pretty good boxer with some punching power (perhaps short of KO power) and so he pretty much tooled all the comedians, who thought they were there for light sparring and PR.

Seanbaby Riley is a tallish fellow who trains Muay Thai and BJJ and happens to be the lowbrow comedic genius (in my opinion) behind seanbaby.com, fatchicksinpartyhats.com, and has since moved beyond the world of internet comedy to do some TV spots and to write for EGM. One of his TV roles was as guest host of Attack of the Show. Boll was going to appear on said show and fight one of the hosts, particularly after Riley made the amusing comment "Boxing is to fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting." Boll, being  a short fellow and probably not as dumb as his movies would lead one to believe, wisely cancelled his appearance on the show and backed out of his challenge after finding out Seanbaby's height, weight, and age.

I was aware (unfortunately) of Uwe Boll and his boxing bouts, but I had no idea who Lowtax or Seanbaby were. I suspected professional wrestling might have been involved.

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »

I was aware (unfortunately) of Uwe Boll and his boxing bouts, but I had no idea who Lowtax or Seanbaby were. I suspected professional wrestling might have been involved.

You should definitely check out  www.seanbaby.com and www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com, then. Comedy gold.

Offline Skiptastic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Riffer Madness
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 06:50:20 AM »
Seanbaby = funny

Lowtax = not funny

Hope you all enjoyed my monthly cameo!

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »
I have been reading EGM for a long time and Seanbaby is probably the funniest writer they have ever had...

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!