Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 110714 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2617
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
I also loved how in every segment there was something awesome we were supposed to be beholding, but couldn't because of the limitations of whatever medium they were using. :^)

Also that it let them come up with jokes that wouldn't be possible otherwise.  Like in the B&W episode, just throw up a shade of grey and say you invented a new primary color...

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
Oh yeah, btw - They won two Emmys! "The Late Philip J. Fry" won the Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, and Maurice LaMarche won Outstanding Voice Over Acting for his as Lrrr and Orson Welles in "Irreconcilable Ndndifferences."

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »
Moe's Emmy was LONG overdue. Finally, Pinky and Brain BOTH have the statue!

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #603 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
Oh yeah, btw - They won two Emmys! "The Late Philip J. Fry" won the Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, and Maurice LaMarche won Outstanding Voice Over Acting for his as Lrrr and Orson Welles in "Irreconcilable Ndndifferences."

Yay! Both are very well deserved.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
Is there any way to watch these episodes online? I'm getting so far behind because I don't have cable... or any TV for that matter.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
i buy each one off the playstation store and watch them whenever i feel like it.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6842
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #606 on: October 01, 2011, 04:13:36 AM »
the itunes store has it.

and, well, there's the obvious answer of: torrents.
dF = 0
d*F = J

shodan

« Reply #607 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »
heres where i watch em. for each ep use either the sockshare or putlocker link
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-5156-Futurama

spaceforarent

« Reply #608 on: October 01, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
Is there any way to watch these episodes online? I'm getting so far behind because I don't have cable... or any TV for that matter.
http://www.futurama-stream.com/season-6/episode-25-reincarnation

Invader_quirk

« Reply #609 on: October 01, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
Thanks a bundle, cap'm!

Invader_quirk

« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »
Well, I've been watching this newest half-season on the webernets. I've watched up to "Silence of the Clamps". Overall... meh. Not that funny, sadly.

Neutopia - Enjoyed it, but these gender jokes are not exactly new. Also, the rock guy came close to being funny, but didn't quite make it in my opinion.  I honestly can't remember many of the jokes. It didn't make a huge impression on me, but it seemed like the first half was stronger by far than the second. I think this was the episode with the The Office joke. That pissed me off. Hey, writers, I think you forgot it's the year 3011. References like this are ok when they're from Fry (although I think the Kardashians [a joke made in Berderama {triple parenthetical!}] came to prominence after Fry was frozen), but they've been having too many future folk referencing current events. I know their policy is that the joke trumps continuity, but when it's a lame pop culture reference that nobody will remember in a few years, they're just hurting the show. </rabble>

Benderama - This was better and I enjoyed it. They had a lot of fun with the concept and how it played out. I didn't really think the whole situation with the giant ugly guy was that funny though.

Ghost in the Machines - Ugh. What a mess. This was a really lame episode, right down there with A Leela of Her Own. Nothing funny in it, really. Even the Amish Homeworld, a good concept, was pretty boring. Here's one I'll be skipping when I get my DVD set.

Law and Oracle - Yay! Faith restored! I laughed a lot in this one. I'm usually one to advocate originality over parodies in Futurama but these were really well done, from Paperboy to Avatar. I liked the gimmicky 3D landing on Pandora and the goofy computer controls. Unlike when The Simpons tries parodies, you don't need to know the source material to enjoy the episode. The future crimes concept leads to lots of good jokes instead of just being a parody for parody's sake (I'm looking at you, Family Guy Star Wars specials). Futurama is always good when it comes to paradoxes and the like, and the plot played out in a very entertaining way. Also, "You shot me! You miserable dingus!" got a big laugh from me each time.

Silence of the Clamps - ...Clamps is lame. I hate the guy. What is the joke? That he says "clamps" a lot and uses clamps. I've never thought Clamps was funny, and so an episode all about him didn't entertain me. Sure there were probably some good jokes here and there, but it was overshadowed by the fact that Clamps got a whole damn episode. Oh, and suddenly everybody's screaming bleeped obscenities? Why? Bleeped obscenities are not a joke in and of themselves. Seemed weird. It reminded me of when the kids started swearing with a bleep all the time in Home Movies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by bleeped obscenities, but it was out of character and seemed like a cheap attempt at shock humor.

Oh, Bender spinning around into the other courtroom was a great gag.

Hope things pick up. In my opinion, they're doing more to detract from the series than strengthen it overall.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:49:20 PM by Invader_quirk »

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »
I agree.  I think the first half was better.

spaceforarent

« Reply #612 on: October 04, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
I actually loved Silence of the Clamps. It's got my favorite line from the second half: Hermes: "Stop talking like that, you live on the moon!"
I said it before but this episode became an instant classic for me. Though I will agree that the bleeped obscenities were lame.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #613 on: October 04, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
Yeah i liked silence of the clamps too.  from the zoidberg angle (and my favorite line John Bleepen Zoidberg) too the whole bella angle. 

Invader_quirk

« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
Yo Leela Leela - Not bad. I enjoyed it. I don't think any jokes fell flat, but they weren't hilarious. One of the better episodes so far.

All the President's Heads - Saw this one when it aired. I was in the hospital. Maybe it was the pain I was in, but I thought it was a really dumb idea for an episode. I've never been a fan of "look at this slightly different version of our characters" episodes. I didn't watch it again this time through the season.

Mobius Dick - First half is strong, but the second half is weak. Loved looking at all the spaceships in the Bermuda Tetrahedron. An OK episode.

Fry am the Eggman - I liked that they've kept Fry's animal-loving side. I liked the first half, but when the Scottish jokes started, it bugged me. Once again, aside from the rocket darts (which was great), they forget it's the future. I don't need Scottish jokes. That's been covered by other shows over and over. Futurama's premise allows for new ideas and new jokes, and I hate when they do jokes like these. Feh. An alright episode (not to be confused with an OK episode  ;)).

The Tip of the Zoidberg - This was unexpected! A Farnsworth/Zoidberg backstory episode? Interesting if not side-splittingly funny. Well, actually, there were some really great bits. Zoidberg's surgical failures at the beginning were great and so was the killing machine the crew constructed. I guess a lot of the other jokes kind of fell flat for me, evening the episode out in my mind as just "interesting".

Cold Warriors - Oh. I didn't expect we'd be getting episodes this good anymore. This is one of my all-time favorites. It was really funny and heartfelt, and the last line? Yeah, it was great. It may single-handedly redeem the whole half-season.  :clap: Fry's dad hasn't really been played as likable before. It was nice.

Overclockwise - Another touching episode. They finally address Fry and Leela's relationship and it's confusingly sporadic nature. Any frustration I had with the writers for how they've been handling them this season is gone. What a great ending! I just hope they don't act like this didn't happen in future episodes!

Only one more episode to go, but I'm feeling pretty good about the show again. It may be more hit and miss now, but it can still hit pretty damn hard.  :)

EDIT: Jeez. I need to make sure I never use "funny" or "fell flat" ever again. I am disappoint. This is so annoying to read.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:49:19 AM by Invader_quirk »