login

Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 112064 times)

anais.jude

Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
ok saw the two new ones.  And woot.  Still awesome.  the gender one i think i liked best. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »
Did you know there are more than 2 emotions?

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
HEH it was a great line, but a better line was frys: now when i say dumb things guys laugh and buy me stuff. 

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
"I need my sleep, I have to get up five times a night to play Xbox."

I did not know this was a problem that afflicted all men; I thought it was just me. Once again, Futurama has brought me peace of mind.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Maybe this was discussed earlier in the topic, but I only just started reading it.

Does it bug anyone else that they seem to have given up all pretense that this is 1000 years in the future and now just throw out modern references willy nilly? Things that these characters couldn't possibly know about, like XBox, The Office.. um others that I can't remember but I'm sure were there.Yes the old series had modern references, but they usually devised some excuse for how it was possible. Now they don't seem to bother.

And yes, I'm only just now getting back into Futurama after it was dropped from Adult Swim.

That being said, I quite liked the gender episode. The bender episode, was okay. Wait gender.. bender.. I just got that! Assuming that was intentional.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
Maybe this was discussed earlier in the topic, but I only just started reading it.

Does it bug anyone else that they seem to have given up all pretense that this is 1000 years in the future and now just throw out modern references willy nilly? Things that these characters couldn't possibly know about, like XBox, The Office.. um others that I can't remember but I'm sure were there.Yes the old series had modern references, but they usually devised some excuse for how it was possible. Now they don't seem to bother.

Yeah, I noticed that too...  A LOT of current cultural references.  Doesn't really bother me all too much though, but I prefer it when it's more of a future twist on current things really.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that too...  A LOT of current cultural references.  Doesn't really bother me all too much though, but I prefer it when it's more of a future twist on current things really.

Except when Fry blurts out "Like the Kardashians!" that was just lazy. Unless the Kardashians become Galactus in the next one thousand years, which is what I'm going to assume.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
That's what I always assumed.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2011, 04:19:22 AM »
The more blatant pop culture references are a bit annoying, but I was so excited they managed to sneak in a Newhart "Larry, Brother Darryl, Other Brother Darryl" reference.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #490 on: June 26, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »
I enjoyed the Dig Dug reference at the end of the second episode.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #491 on: June 28, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »
The more blatant pop culture references are a bit annoying, but I was so excited they managed to sneak in a Newhart "Larry, Brother Darryl, Other Brother Darryl" reference.

But that felt a little more organic.  The others seemed a bit odd since they are usually very consistant in immersing the viewer in the future culture.  The strongest stuff in the gender episode was the Rock Creature.  That was a great character.  Both episodes were strong, but also didn't feel nearly the series best.  It was nice that Patton Oswalt was in the second episode and he did a great read on the lines, but I feel that the lines he had were just OK.  I think that his character was well realized but it didn't blow me away.  Looking forward to the rest of the season though,

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #492 on: June 28, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »
Liked both episodes, 2nd was far better though.

Hope we get something as good as "The Late Phillip J. Fry" for this half of the season.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Nice to see the robot devil again, but 2 Bender centered episodes in a row?  A bit too much Bender to start off the new season.

anais.jude

« Reply #494 on: July 04, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »
Blasphemy!