Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 112009 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2010, 12:23:10 AM »
I loved the hell out of this episode, especially the end. Reminded me of just how good the writers are at making a really funny and fun episode while still being able to make me go "Awww!! I'm gonna cry!!!" at the end.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

spaceforarent

« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:53 AM »
I've translated the alien note Leela gets: "NEED EXTRA CASH? MELT DOWN YOUR OLD, UNWANTED HUMANS. WE PAY TOP DOLLAR!"

I've been rather underwhelmed by the last three episodes. Still, love me some killbots. "Someone said Howitzer!"

Also loved the bottle at the end, Jose Servo. Even if it's not necessarily an MST reference, I still think it's funny.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:35:40 AM by spaceforarent »

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2010, 06:03:05 AM »
I don't remember, have they ever used Bender and Hermes as a duo before? Because that worked a lot better than I expected.

spaceforarent

« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2010, 06:15:25 AM »
I don't remember, have they ever used Bender and Hermes as a duo before? Because that worked a lot better than I expected.
That would be a no.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2010, 08:59:26 AM »
I kinda called it being Hermes who passed Bender's inspection.. Did love the Baby Bender though..

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:04 AM »
You know, I was in Italy last week.  Also, you call that an ink defense?

Awww, Baby Bender.  He owes his whole life to a rebellion against bureaucracy.  And to evil robots firing at themselves whenever th...SOMEONE SAID FIRE!!!!
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2660
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
I've translated the alien note Leela gets: "NEED EXTRA CASH? MELT DOWN YOUR OLD, UNWANTED HUMANS. WE PAY TOP DOLLAR!"

I've been rather underwhelmed by the last three episodes. Still, love me some killbots. "Someone said Howitzer!"

Also loved the bottle at the end, Jose Servo. Even if it's not necessarily an MST reference, I still think it's funny.

Another great episode.

I missed the bottle name, just went and freeze framed it, cool.

There was also an "adobe photo shoppe" just before they got to the abandoned factory.

Freeze it real fast after passing the border guard and there's a "Tijuana Wal-Mart"  and "!Ay! Cantina Turner".

And Benders baby bottle says cerveza on it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:23:46 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

spaceforarent

« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »

"!Ay! Cantina Turner".
Took me a minute to get that. When I did, I let out a groan louder than the audiences at the end of Inception. That's not a spoiler, is it?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2010, 10:32:10 AM »

"!Ay! Cantina Turner".
Took me a minute to get that. When I did, I let out a groan louder than the audiences at the end of Inception. That's not a spoiler, is it?

I guess it's a spoiler that you saw Inception with a crowd of people that aren't very bright.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

spaceforarent

« Reply #369 on: July 29, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »

Bought a Futurama Kidrobot earlier today, excited to find out it wasn't another Leela (I bought one from Mr. Torso, then found two in a row in blind boxes). Only have 4 more to get, Sal, Slurms, Lrrr, and Robot Devil

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Bought a Futurama Kidrobot earlier today, excited to find out it wasn't another Leela (I bought one from Mr. Torso, then found two in a row in blind boxes). Only have 4 more to get, Sal, Slurms, Lrrr, and Robot Devil

I sent my girlfriend one I got in San Francisco... she says it was Mom. :)
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #371 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2010, 09:03:41 AM »
LOVED the new ep, seems like it's getting better week by week.  SO MANY IN-JOKES
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
LOVED the new ep, seems like it's getting better week by week.  SO MANY IN-JOKES

I think that was one of my favourite of the series in general!  I enjoyed it intensely!!!!

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #374 on: July 30, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
Look out Eleanor Roosevelt!  Whoops.

All of these sci-fi shows have done the alternate timeline/parallel universe thing to the point where I don't think any of them are actually the original characters we started out watching.  Although in this case I guess Fry, Prof and Bender still are, although we saw future characters (Leela et al) that will now have different fates and who will possibly never exiOW MY HEAD EXPLODED.

Anyway, great episode!
Not everybody is Steve!