login

Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 109417 times)

spaceforarent

Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:50 AM »
I liked the first more than the second. Though Zapp's line "Mr. President. What the hell" was my favorite from both.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »
I liked the first more than the second. Though Zapp's line "Mr. President. What the hell" was my favorite from both.

Ditto to that entire post.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
First 2 episodes are up on iTunes, HD season pass is $32.  Same price at Amazon VOD HD.  Interesting they are calling this season 7, the movies counted as 2 seasons?

Just watch the first 2 episodes, I think I like the first one slightly better, the second would be better except for the ending, the ending of the second one seemed kinda slapped on.

Other than that ending I think the writing is back, seems a little sharper than it was for the movies, Futurama really is better at 21 minutes per story.

Later meatbags...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:08:46 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

anais.jude

« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
I found the ending of the second one to be pretty messed up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it leads to Fry and Leela going back to the way things were before Into the Wild Green Yonder, that's cool, but still a pretty messed up way to do it.

spaceforarent

« Reply #319 on: June 26, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »
First 2 episodes are up on iTunes, HD season pass is $32.  Same price at Amazon VOD HD.  Interesting they are calling this season 7, the movies counted as 2 seasons?

I think one of the earlier "seasons" was actually divided into two broadcast ones (vol. 4 I think).
That is correct. Though most places I've seen have been counting the movies as a separate entity, and this is supposed to be the start of season 6. Of course Wikipedia goes by the DVD releases as season, count the movies as season 5, making this season 6.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6817
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
their numbering system is almost as bad as rifftrax's. :P
dF = 0
d*F = J

spaceforarent

« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
It's what I did with my custom covers; the movies are "volume 5". 

This will also be two seasons, yes? 14 eps one year and 12 the next?
Considering that there was a "26 episode order", and this year there are 12 new ones, then that seems logical.

Also, according to ol'Wiki, episode 11 is called "Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences". I cannot wait.

Offline CrowTeeRobot

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 19
  • GOOD OLD STALIN DAYS
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »
Coma coma coma coma coma chameleon!
-Luke

"Most people skip spraying themselves in adhesive and rolling around in crepe hair, but I want to do it right." -Rob, regarding a Zardoz costume

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #323 on: June 29, 2010, 01:19:35 AM »
http://twitter.com/gotfuturama/status/17317112729

@gotfuturama As well as the new season, the #Futurama movies
are now on iTunes. All in HD!!! http://bit.ly/bkxlVP

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #324 on: July 03, 2010, 01:03:25 AM »
Just watched the eyePhone episode, the show is definitely back, other than it being widescreen this one felt like it would fit right in with the older ones.

How weird is it that the clip on the CC website cuts out the "eyephone 2.0" line, but I watch the show on iTunes, and yesterday I was watching the first 2 episodes on my iPod while waiting for my car to be serviced.....

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2010, 08:12:17 AM »
Just watched the eyePhone episode, the show is definitely back, other than it being widescreen this one felt like it would fit right in with the older ones.

How weird is it that the clip on the CC website cuts out the "eyephone 2.0" line, but I watch the show on iTunes, and yesterday I was watching the first 2 episodes on my iPod while waiting for my car to be serviced.....

Hahahaha....Dumb Bastard.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 754
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
How weird is it that the clip on the CC website cuts out the "eyephone 2.0" line,

Because in that clip there is no set up that it is called "eyePhone" and is in fact installed in your eye. If you didn't already see the full episode you would have no idea what Mom was talking about when she said "eyePhone 2.0"  Actually that clip is pretty good at not spoiling the gag.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #327 on: July 03, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
How weird is it that the clip on the CC website cuts out the "eyephone 2.0" line,

Because in that clip there is no set up that it is called "eyePhone" and is in fact installed in your eye. If you didn't already see the full episode you would have no idea what Mom was talking about when she said "eyePhone 2.0"  Actually that clip is pretty good at not spoiling the gag.

I figured it was because they hadn't shown the text yet, but if they were trying to protect the gag that's pretty cool.  Hmm, a network that is careful with it's clips to prevent spoilers, did hell freeze over?  Maybe they have the guys doing the show make the clips for them, yea, that's got to be it.

It still would have been funny considering the rate the new iPhone is selling at, but they couldn't have know that months ago, they got pretty lucky with the timing, with the animation being so much more detailed they can't work as fast as South Park so doing breaking news isn't their thing.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #328 on: July 03, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
A phone that started to get idiots buying it 3 years ago is hardly current news. Just because there happens to be a new model of said phone out now doesn't mean they were talking specifically about the iPhone 4 - the stupid thing has been draining cash from yuppies and idiots since 2007.

Dumb bastards...
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #329 on: July 03, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
iPhone hysteria isn't current news??
On timeout