Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 112133 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
Anybody else want a CD of Christopher Tyng's Futurama music?

Yes. I want a 6-CD set with ALL his Futurama music, and alternate takes. Somebody call La-Land Records, they've done a great job with Shirley Walker's music for Batman: The Animated Series....

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »

Yes. I want a 6-CD set with ALL his Futurama music, and alternate takes. Somebody call La-Land Records, they've done a great job with Shirley Walker's music for Batman: The Animated Series....

I'd buy it. I hope they include the music he did for the video game too.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »
I'm gonna get 24th Century on his ass.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »

I started a CD a while ago of all the Futurama songs, ala "Go Simpsonic."  I got through Season 1, I think.

And you'll be sharing this with us when?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XT9XfMriVIE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XT9XfMriVIE</a>

Higher-quality, but unfortunately US folks only: http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=268537&title=new-episodes-on-comedy-central

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2010, 09:54:58 PM »
From Phil LaMarr's Facebook:

Did I mention Kevin Pollak AND Paul Dini both coming to the Futurama table reading?

Dunno what that means, but Paul Dini anywhere near Futurama makes me hope he's guest-writing an episode (although it would be cool if he just did a guest voice, too, but still...)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
Panama Worm Hole?  :D  I was hoping they might explore some kind of alternate reality on the other side of that black hole, but hey, it could be "Zoidberg Reads The 3010 New New York Telephone Listings" and I'd still watch.  ;D

From Phil LaMarr's Facebook:

Did I mention Kevin Pollak AND Paul Dini both coming to the Futurama table reading?

Hmm... Why would Paul Dini be there? Just dropping by? Or something indescribably awesome? I'm hoping for the latter.

And why doesn't Kevin Pollak do more voice work? Or does he? Lemme check IMDb... Okay, any voice work? I mean, The Santa Clause 3? For shame.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:16:07 PM by Sharky O'Pus »

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2010, 10:11:58 PM »
Panama Worm Hole?  :D  I was hoping they might explore some kind of alternate reality on the other side of that black hole, but hey, it could be "Zoidberg Reads The 3010 New New York Telelphone Listings" and I'd still watch.  ;D

You do have to love the way the writers constantly solve a big dilemma with one ridiculous answer, though. Wonder where they learned that narrative economy from?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »
Panama Worm Hole?  :D  I was hoping they might explore some kind of alternate reality on the other side of that black hole, but hey, it could be "Zoidberg Reads The 3010 New New York Telelphone Listings" and I'd still watch.  ;D

You do have to love the way the writers constantly solve a big dilemma with one ridiculous answer, though. Wonder where they learned that narrative economy from?

Um, Star Trek?  ;)

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »
Speaking of Pollak and Futurama cast members...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePPTg1b1tg

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
Speaking of Pollak and Futurama cast members...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePPTg1b1tg

:clap:  That just made my day. I might as well go back to bed, cause it ain't getting any better than that.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:53 PM »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:56:54 PM by Sharktopus »

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
I just watched Ed Wood, and when they did the Orson Welles scene I thought "Maurice LaMarche does a pretty good Welles. Wonder who this one is?"

Yeah. :)

Maurice's Welles is spot-on, and Donofrio looks right, but the two just don't match up for some reason. That pulls me right of what is otherwise one of my favoritest movies ever.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
I just watched Ed Wood, and when they did the Orson Welles scene I thought "Maurice LaMarche does a pretty good Welles. Wonder who this one is?"

Yeah. :)

Maurice's Welles is spot-on, and Donofrio looks right, but the two just don't match up for some reason. That pulls me right of what is otherwise one of my favoritest movies ever.

Yeah, it's not the best dubbing.  Wasn't Tor dubbed or something too? His voice sounds off.

I think that's really George "The Animal" Steele, but they probably spent hours in ADR trying to get his thunderous grunts intelligible for the audience. It just adds to the Ed Woodiness of it all. :) Now that I think about it, Steele sounds nothing like Tor did. Wonder why they bothered?