Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 111096 times)

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
    • check out my myspace!!!!
Where's my Futurama?
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »
I have heard for the longest time sence they took it off adult swim and moved it to comedy central that they were going to start making new episodes.  Thus far, though, i have only seen reruns.  every time i see a futurama marathon i get all excited thinking that they are going to start the new episodes afterwords.

its one of my favorite shows ever and i cant wait for the new episodes.  although i may be alittle outta the loop seeing that my 4 year old takes over the tv everyday and we have to watch spongebob almost 24/7.  i have been checking up on it every so often though.

anyone have any news for me??

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
You know about the DVD movies right?

Bender's Big Score
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEiJ3QA4kKs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oEiJ3QA4kKs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

The Beast with a Billion Backs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVDS8Hf5odE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lVDS8Hf5odE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

and coming next month
Bender's Game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ad-j2Dd_Vg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_ad-j2Dd_Vg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

one more is coming out in April called 'Into the Wild Green Yonder'

In 2009 these movies will be sliced up into 4 episodes each and shown on CC to get 16 new episodes.  As far as I'm aware there has been no news on how/if the show will continue in any form after that.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:49:26 PM by Douglin »

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »
so the movies they are making, are going to be the episodes......cheaters  :angry:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
It explains why they seem very divided into different tones and plots. It feels like it was intended to be split up, and doesn't play as well in one whole viewing. It's a shame, because that is a fault of the writing, and Futurama has always had excellent writing in it's original five seasons, yet it's the same writers brought back to do these movies. Maybe they were hamstrung in structure by the studio.

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »
i'm sure they had something to do with it.  shit like that always happens.  i just thought that the movies were supposed to be like a hold over until the new eps were out. 

and i'll say again.....damn cheaters  :angry:

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »
Please, I should warn you.  I'm an expert on humans, not robutts.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 04:18:26 AM »
It explains why they seem very divided into different tones and plots. It feels like it was intended to be split up, and doesn't play as well in one whole viewing. It's a shame, because that is a fault of the writing, and Futurama has always had excellent writing in it's original five seasons, yet it's the same writers brought back to do these movies. Maybe they were hamstrung in structure by the studio.

Yeah, I only saw the first movie so far but this was my impression as well. It didn't flow well in longer format.  Still, it was nice to see the gang again and I was a big enough fan that I'll eventually check out the other movie. I'm just not in a tremendous hurry about it. Are they doing more of them?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 06:13:54 AM »
As noted earlier there's going to be a total of four, at least unless they sell real well and Fox asks for more.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
i just thought that the movies were supposed to be like a hold over until the new eps were out. 

The box... says no.

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
i just thought that the movies were supposed to be like a hold over until the new eps were out. 

The box... says no.

:'(

anais.jude

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »

The box... says no.

:'(

Steff has learned how mean the mods can truly be. Just don't mention Red Dawn or Dune

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »
but, if you would like, you can mention 10,000 B.C., AvP:R, Dragon Wars, and Jumper
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »
I loved the first movie. Thought it worked extremely well as a feature. The second movie is a mess.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:50 AM »
Haven't seen the second one yet (I keep planning on renting it one of these days, but my weekends are so busy), but I loved the first one. Sure, a few cameos and in-jokes were shoehorned in as unnecessary fanservice/plot padding, but I loved the time travel storyline, and I think I can honestly say it's my favorite romantic comedy, for a long list of reasons I don't feel like getting into right now.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 07:44:19 AM »
If they want a carbon free option, they should just offer them for digital download, and we can burn them ourselves. I'd mcuh rather that than those fucking worthless scratchfest cardboard containers.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton