Author Topic: KTMA 00 The Green Slime Proof of Concept now at the DAP  (Read 18933 times)

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
Re: KTMA 00 The Green Slime Proof of Concept now at the DAP
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »
So, wait, what is this exactly? Is is just that first skit from the scrapbook tape, or did somebody actually get their hands on the 30-minute test pilot?

I think it's all of it, and it's more like 12 minutes.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »
mine is blazing along supposedly will be done in 5 minutes.  and my internet sucks.  can i watch this on my computer or do i have to stick it on a dvd to watch?  ive never tried this before.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:48 PM »
You need a torrent client, like bit torrent or utorrent. It's like third party software for downloading. Think napster or kaaza. I use utorrent.

get it here:  http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

After you install it, go back and click on the link at the DAP and it will ask you to save or open, select open, and it will open a utorrent box and you'll say save or okay or somethting and it will launch the program and download it to the directory you choose in the settings.

Thank you, you sir, are the best.   A credit to the fine state of Missouri.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »
mine is blazing along supposedly will be done in 5 minutes.  and my internet sucks.  can i watch this on my computer or do i have to stick it on a dvd to watch?  ive never tried this before.
It works fine in your computer, it's a divx file. If it doesn't work on your computer try downloading and installing vlc media player v8.6i . This link is a direct download for Win XP if you need a link to any other OS like OSX or Linux let me know. The version I gave a link to provides a way better picture than their newest version.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »
It works fine in your computer, it's a divx file. If it doesn't work on your computer try downloading and installing vlc media player v8.6i . This link is a direct download for Win XP if you need a link to any other OS like OSX or Linux let me know. The version I gave a link to provides a way better picture than their newest version.

Yeah the new version of the VLC player lags out the video.  I went back to the last version.  WTF?
On timeout

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »

Yeah the new version of the VLC player lags out the video.  I went back to the last version.  WTF?
I have no clue what happened with version 9, but I was severely disappointed when I "upgraded" . The quality of the picture looked absolutely horrible, tons of artifacting on my computer monitor and on my tv when I connected from my video card through an HDMI to my tv..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 05:45:35 PM by jewishcarpenter »

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 06:44:17 PM »

Anyone want to make this available on a separate file-sharing site, and maybe password protect it for us Rifftrax folks? I can't say that i want to register at the DAP simply to leech this one file.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
thanks for the help it played fine in windows media player so its all good.  im gonna try getting some of the other ktmas they take a lot longer currently looking at 1 week for 004.  interesting little clip pretty much 0 riffing, but good to see.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »
So, wait, what is this exactly? Is is just that first skit from the scrapbook tape, or did somebody actually get their hands on the 30-minute test pilot?

Joel showed this off at Archon last weekend, Tarantulas used his HD Camcorder on a Tripod to make a copy, with Joel's knowledge btw, which he then encoded and threw online for people to watch. So it should be the whole thing, with a bit of Joel intro at the beginning.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:53:31 PM by BathTub »

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 05:42:18 AM »
[Thank you, you sir, are the best.   A credit to the fine state of Missouri.

The least I can do is the least I can do  ;)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »

Anyone want to make this available on a separate file-sharing site, and maybe password protect it for us Rifftrax folks? I can't say that i want to register at the DAP simply to leech this one file.

-Rude

This, please.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »

-Rude

This, please.
Anything....just don't make those of us who are already fighting one P2P have to start dealing with another just to get one file.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
It's not a huge deal to register and download...  it's worth it.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »
It's not a huge deal to register and download...  it's worth it.
More shit on the hard drive.   :(

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
Actually torrent programs are very small, and it really works well. Much easier than the old way with eDonkey.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.