login

Author Topic: Baby like?? Thoughts...  (Read 9121 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Baby like?? Thoughts...
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »
I guess I will start it after all...  geez, when did I stop being a lurker?!   :-\

Anywho..... I thoroughly enjoyed this one, beginning to end.  There were a few times my roomate had to come in and tell me not to laugh so hard and loud, because I kept her from sleeping.

The movie, while really not being the worst movie, was relatvely dumb... but the riffing was top notch.    :highfive:

I honestly can't wait to hear more from these two.  I recommend it to anyone who is debating picking this one up.... but don't blame me if you don't like it...... you're the one that's dumb.   ;)
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
Re: Baby like?? Thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »
Thumbs up, very funny throughout. At the end of DD they hinted at maybe riffing Ghost, another Swayze blockbuster.  :D
I'd download their work again for sure.

We were all surprised there were no Baby Got Back or Mrs. Gilmore references. And speaking of Baby Got Back, it would have been a nice nod to Richard Cheese if they had sung that song title the way he does. :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:49:03 PM by CHF01 »

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I had to keep one of Disembaudio's sync lines in the riff when reauthoring my DVD.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:18:01 AM by CHF01 »

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I had to keep one Disembaudio's sync line in the riff when reauthoring my DVD.  ;D

Same here - not only is it hilarious, its guaranteed to scare the crap out of people who won't see it coming.

Did anyone else notice the song that appears in both this movie and Roadhouse - does that song follow Swayze around?

These two do a great job, maybe a little more polish in the writing is needed, but I will definitely buy another riff with them.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5365
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Good to hear people are liking this. I think I'll give this one a try then.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
Wasn't going to spend the money to rent the movie but was able to record it when I saw it was available On Demand.  Re authored it and glad I did.  One thought though...I guess it's still too soon to joke about the Kennedy assassination.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3493
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »
I didn't realize just how Brutal it was to rewatch this flik from the 80's when I saw it :speechless:

Offline Halifirien

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • One nation under Doom
    • Random Notes
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
I wasn't sure I'd like this one, but the DVD was only $2 on Amazon. I'm really glad I gave it a shot, because this Riff cracked me up. Every variation of "Baaabbbby llliiiiike!" made me laugh, as did most of the building establishing shots. When it was over, I was hoping this duo would tackle Ghost and Red Dawn.

Wolverines!

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
I've made no secret of how much I dislike this movie, but Janet & Cole were great!  The interplay between this duo was very funny and I hope to see more from them soon.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2753
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I had to keep one of Disembaudio's sync lines in the riff when reauthoring my DVD.  ;D

Best Sync-Line EVER! :^)

I had my reservations, but this was a top notch Rifftrax. There was a very nice energy to the riffing we don't get with the usual gang, and good chemistry. Bring them back for more! Let them do Ghost! (But keep 'em away from Red Don. That movie belongs to Mike and Co. :^))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:45:25 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline Literate Dead

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
I have to admit, I was hesitant on seeing this one... I hate to be a cynic, but I haven't had a Rifftrax I've really loved in a while... I mean, I've liked a number of them that have come up lately (The Sixth Sense, Cloverfield, etc), but I haven't had any that have truly grabbed me in a while.

Admittedly, I despise this movie as well. I mean, for a long, loooong time it's been one of my least favorite. From the non-sequitor filled dialogue (What the heck does 'Nobody puts baby in the corner' mean, anyway?!) to the cast (Jennifer Grey...  :speechless: ) to the bizarre lack of any time identifiers... ugh, it's just a film that never worked for me, at all.

But that said, this duo gave his film a richly deserved riffing... I haven't laughed this hard since Glitter! It's especially nice to have a ew group to avoid comparisons with... I can't say 'they're like Joel or Mike because...'; instead, they just run with their own energy wonderfully, sounding like they're having a great time as they tear this film to ribbons. The running gags were all wonderful, and the way the duo play off each other is just great in itself. I would love seeing these two do more in the future... Preferably more 80s cheese... I can never get enough of the dregs from that era...  :clap:

Offline Msampo

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The Sampo building (photo by Kevin Murphy)
    • Satellite News
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
I haven't posting a lot lately, but I just had to come out of lurkerdom to praise this RiffTrax. It took me a bit to find a Blockbuster in my area that carried this, and then it took me a few days to get around to watching it, but I finally got to it last night, and wow, was I impressed!

It was genuinely and consistently funny, but what I really liked about it was they did not try to be Mike-Kevin-Bill. They courageously established their own riffing style, committed to the bits and established their own riffing personas. Bravo! If you were worried about this one and haven't tried it yet, go for it! It's terrific!
MST3Kinfo.com--The official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan site.
Join us, won't we?

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »
VARIETY IN THE RIFFING WORLD IS BETTER FOR US ALL!!

Ok now that I have said my piece onto the task at hand. 

To me this was a great track, on my personal scoring system is hit mid 9s (9.3ish) , I laughed constistantly during this track.  They had good chemistry and even a few of those loveable clunker puns!! 

All in all I hope we can see a few more tracks from these 2 in the future, they did a very good job and more people hopefully will be willing to give them a chance.

PS: I hated this movie growing up, but these two made my evening of Dirty Dancing quite enjoyable! 

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
I forgot how much I liked this movie growing up.  I just watched it again before the Rifftrax, and it's really good.
On timeout

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
OK, finally got to this, and had a swell time! The building shots were amazing, I kind of wish they did them to the end, and I love their riffing trademark of listing things. I will buy from these two again!