Author Topic: List of Crap - Top beers?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline K2

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 106
  • Thread Killer. Thread Speed Bump on my best days.
    • OneWallRoom.com
List of Crap - Top beers?
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
Since beer is already my job, I figure I'll go ahead and tackle an LOC for beer. So, first off, what I'm looking for is what people would like to see out of this List. My thinking is I would give a brief description of the beer, brewing company, and my own evaluation if applicable. Obviously it would come along with how many points and highest list placement. Does anyone else have any thoughts or ideas for what they'd like to see? Also, would you like to see a top 10, 25 or 50? Post replies..... now.

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
Re: List of Crap - Top beers?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
The length of the list might be dependent on the number of participants. Maybe make a poll seeing how many people here would submit a list.

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »
We have had Top Alcoholic beverages come up a few times in the Next List of Crap poll, but it hasn't been picked yet.

What you should do is let the person running the current List of Crap that you want to do this list and he will add it to the next poll.  If you want to run your own "unauthorized" List of Crap, outside the usual List of Crap procedures, there is nothing to stop you from doing that.  But you might not get as much participation as you would for an "official" List of Crap.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
Yes, I think that might be the best course of action, you could, however, spit ball on how to run such a list in this thread I suppose. :)

Offline K2

• Schnappi Supporter
    • OneWallRoom.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
I have to sign up with someone else to do this?

Pass.

MontyServo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »
It's not exactly like that.  The person running the current list will start a poll to pick the next list.  If you want to run a list, you send him a PM through the board.  When the poll is done, if yours is chosen, then you can run your list.

This is the way it has been done for years and years.  Running a list is pretty fun, I have run one and hope to do one again soon.

Offline K2

• Schnappi Supporter
    • OneWallRoom.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
I guess I didn't realize there was more to it than "send me your votes, I'll tally them up and put something neat together." Kind of a drag, in my mind. Also it's a timing thing. I have a little extra free time right now but that will change drastically next month. So waiting for one list to finish and hoping I get picked before my life gets super busy again isn't very ideal. So, I fear I must pass on this one.

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »
Well keep it in mind if you ever have the time.  It is always cool to have some fresh blood running the lists to liven things up.

I think the original reason it was done this way was to keep the board from being overrun with lists.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6571
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
I guess I didn't realize there was more to it than "send me your votes, I'll tally them up and put something neat together." Kind of a drag, in my mind. Also it's a timing thing. I have a little extra free time right now but that will change drastically next month. So waiting for one list to finish and hoping I get picked before my life gets super busy again isn't very ideal. So, I fear I must pass on this one.
It would probably take more than a month anyway. Since you would want at least two weeks or more for people to submit lists. Then time to compile it all and write up all the descriptions and such (trust me, it takes a hell of a lot longer than you'd think, I know). And then a week or more to post the results, depending on how quickly you do it.