login

Author Topic: Tomorrow's DVD Covers  (Read 9902 times)

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 144
    • Riff Cover Art
Tomorrow's DVD Covers
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
Okay... here is my cover.

Standard | Thinpak | Disc Label
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:00:17 PM by Piobman »

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Re: Tomorrow's DVD Covers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:32:40 PM »
Ahh!! Kevin is a furry  :o

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »
Placeholder. To be filled in... The Day After Tomorrow!

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:48:25 PM by Axnollouse »
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »
So, since I do nothing but play with Photoshop all day at work and get paid for it... I decided to stop mooching off other peoples' artwork and make my own DVD covers.

But I have one question... are there any rules as to what I NEED to put on my covers if I post them here??  Like, I am going ultra-minimalistic on these, but thats how I like them.  If I don't HAVE to include extra certain info on them aside from the title and the fact that it's rifftrax and who's on it, then I'm good to go.

Just wondering so I don't get chewed out for leaving specifics off of my covers.   ;D
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
So, since I do nothing but play with Photoshop all day at work and get paid for it... I decided to stop mooching off other peoples' artwork and make my own DVD covers.

But I have one question... are there any rules as to what I NEED to put on my covers if I post them here??  Like, I am going ultra-minimalistic on these, but thats how I like them.  If I don't HAVE to include extra certain info on them aside from the title and the fact that it's rifftrax and who's on it, then I'm good to go.

Just wondering so I don't get chewed out for leaving specifics off of my covers.   ;D

I think you can go any which way you can (sorry Clint) on the covers....... no rules.....

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »

Since I have a pattern to maintain now, I only print covers with the following (beyond the obvious must-have of the title on the cover and spine):
- Thinpak
- RiffTrax (or RiffTrax Presents) logo at the top of the spine
- Portraits of the riffers on the spine just below the logo
- Riff number at the bottom of the spine (ie RT-063 for rifftrax, RTP-011 for rifftrax presents). I think there has been a general agreement as to where we are in the sequence, look at covers by Ortega, MrTorso, Axnollouse.
- On the back: The product description blurb for the riff from the website, word-for-word
- The general look and feel of the original cover of the movie, but parodied (although if it's real creative it can be quite off)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »
And in honor of Hurricane Ike, another natural disaster of a cover.

http://pslowner.smugmug.com/gallery/2505605_puaSW#374123357_RMgdg

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
Slowly getting the backlog done.

Click the preview for the full resolution version.

and Full-Face Label if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 09:52:10 PM by Ortega »

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 02:00:13 PM »

Since I have a pattern to maintain now, I only print covers with the following (beyond the obvious must-have of the title on the cover and spine):
- Thinpak
- RiffTrax (or RiffTrax Presents) logo at the top of the spine
- Portraits of the riffers on the spine just below the logo
- Riff number at the bottom of the spine (ie RT-063 for rifftrax, RTP-011 for rifftrax presents). I think there has been a general agreement as to where we are in the

I don't follow the rules of riff numbers. Instead I use what the Rifftrax people use as their lists (i figure that's the most official list). You can find it on their "all products" page. Look forward to seeing a new face here! By the way, I get internet tomorrow.... so my cover is coming soon. It's sad, not many covers in here yet!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
I was able to snag your cover before it disappeared..  ???

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »

After uploading it.... I saw some minor problems.... those have been fixed and reuploaded. Enjoy! I'd recommend re-downloading it.

More covers to come!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »

After uploading it.... I saw some minor problems.... those have been fixed and reuploaded. Enjoy! I'd recommend re-downloading it.
Ah.. Cool! THX

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »

I was wondering what was up with Kevin in the kid's halloween costume, but it totally works on the cover.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 11:26:01 AM »
I'm still waiting for one of those thinpak covers with the format I really like... Axnollouse? Ortega? MrTorso?