login

Author Topic: LOST revelation!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 364
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
LOST revelation!
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »
I just had an epiphany.  Ok, think about Ben.  He's a bad guy, but maybe he's a good gu--no wait... he's a BAD GUY!  What is his motivation!?  Is it purely evil?  Does he think he's being righteous or are his games purely for gain, no matter who gets hurt?  If he tells you it's raining outside, you want to believe it's a nice day; but hey, it IS a nice day.  He mixes truth so much with lies, it almost makes him worse than being flat-out bad.  And then it hit me.  I'm describing Karl Rove.

P.S.  I'm only halfway through Season 4, so I'm sure a lot has probably changed about Ben.  Or maybe not.  And if you could keep this up-to-mid-Season-4 (intro of the Freighties) spoiler free, I'd appreciate it.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:20:34 PM by stansimpson »

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: LOST revelation!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »
Which episode are you on?
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
I love Ben.  Ever since they introduced him as Ben, I have felt he would be the one to save them all.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
Um... gosh, I can't really remember a whole lot.  I think Sayid and Desmond were being helped by a mysterious stranger off the freight.  That's the last thing I remember... before I woke up thrown halfway into a jungle.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:18:57 PM »
That sounds like The Constant, or at least an episode close to The Constant.

By the way, The Constant is my favorite season 4 episode. It's a great one.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:55:13 PM »
Um... gosh, I can't really remember a whole lot.  I think Sayid and Desmond were being helped by a mysterious stranger off the freight.  That's the last thing I remember... before I woke up thrown halfway into a jungle.

That mysterious stranger was played by Fisher Stevens... people from MY generation will remember him from Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2.  Also, he was on Early Edition, Only You and a whole slew of other movies and things.  Great actor.   :clap:
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »

That mysterious stranger was played by Fisher Stevens... people from MY generation will remember him from Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2.  Also, he was on Early Edition, Only You and a whole slew of other movies and things.  Great actor.   :clap:
Oh yeah!  Geez, I totally forgot that was Fisher Stevens!  Gosh, and I DO know what happens to him.  I'm not sure WHERE I left off now.  I know Sayid was doing some things that makes me think he could be a full-fledged "bad guy" (like a hitman or something?).  Ugh.  Gonna hafta do some research (sorry bout that).

People from MY generation know Fisher Stevens from playing villains in "Hackers" and (brace yourselves) "Super Mario Bros.: The Movie"!!  ;)  Btw, you can catch him in a phone commercial now.  He has no lines, and you see him for probably a total of 1.3 seconds... as the hot girl's date, who you see for roughly 4 seconds more.  I probably saw that commercial 4 times before realizing that was him.  And "Early Edition" needs to get put back on air.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »
You'll see some interesting things about Ben in the last few episodes of the season you're watching. Ben is a great character and LOST is one of the greatest shows ever.  Waiting till February for this to return is torture!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:54:13 PM by dangfish »

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 07:28:07 AM »
I remember Fisher Stevens from when he used to be an actor. Now he's an extra in Ashton Kutcher commercials.

Fisher... WTF?

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »
I just had an epiphany.  Ok, think about Ben.  He's a bad guy, but maybe he's a good gu--no wait... he's a BAD GUY!  What is his motivation!?  Is it purely evil?  Does he think he's being righteous or are his games purely for gain, no matter who gets hurt?  If he tells you it's raining outside, you want to believe it's a nice day; but hey, it IS a nice day.  He mixes truth so much with lies, it almost makes him worse than being flat-out bad.  And then it hit me.  I'm describing Karl Rove.

P.S.  I'm only halfway through Season 4, so I'm sure a lot has probably changed about Ben.  Or maybe not.  And if you could keep this up-to-mid-Season-4 (intro of the Freighties) spoiler free, I'd appreciate it.

As a friend of mine put it, he always thought of the Emperor when watching Ben...