Poll

Mafia Themes

Walker Texas Ranger Edition
Kaiju (Giant Rubber Monster) Edition
Generic Anime Style Edition
Pesidential Campaign Edition

Author Topic: Mafia 14: Politics of Personal Destruction Edition  (Read 32545 times)

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: Mafia 14: signup game starts 9/15
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
Whaddya think?

Also a good idea.  I voted for the political version simply because I know little to nothing about the other three choices (nor do I care) so they don't really interest me at all.  But I can also see how a theme based on the current political landscape might ruin an otherwise fun game.

anais.jude

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
Oh Yea, Compound. I must have missed something, I thought that we were only suppsoed to be former presidents or nominees.

Hence, why I have dibs on Al Gore! (I'm super cereal!)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »
Here's an idea then, members of the campaign are to be voted off so no killing necessary. I would hope people could hold themselves off from political discussion for a game in this thread and if anything play out the grossly exaggerated roles they've been labeled.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
Here's an idea then, members of the campaign are to be voted off so no killing necessary. I would hope people could hold themselves off from political discussion for a game in this thread and if anything play out the grossly exaggerated roles they've been labeled.

How about instead of being killed the person voted off (being under pressure and what not) is described as having made a terrible gaff and is forced to retire from public life.

There are so many fun ways a politician can embarrass themselves, it's got to be rich in potential scenarios.

Oh and baggsie CAA or Old Hickory

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
I hope no one thinks I'm trying to take this over, it was a spur of the moment idea I sent to Thom last night and as Tripe said it has lot's of potential but since it's Thom's show this time around I think everyone should vote so he can get the details of gameplay ready to go.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »
Voted for anime, but an idea for the political one, since its in the lead.  Adding to the lack of actual death some are already talking about, it seems wrong to "vote" for people who are being eliminated.  Instead of calling it voting, you can create a negative ad or slam against their campaign and whoever gets the most negativity heaped on them drops off the bottom of the polls.

All just changing terminology and making up roleplaying possibilities, but hey I need sleep and when that happens my brain spits out funky ideas.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »
Ok how about this, let's more the politics one to a different thread (who's running the next game after this one?) The game after this would be closer to the election and so people might be in the mood for a little steam to be blown off about it.

The lightinign round could be set at the final debate :)

Aside from the politics one I like the Anime one,

anais.jude

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
Voted for anime, but an idea for the political one, since its in the lead.  Adding to the lack of actual death some are already talking about, it seems wrong to "vote" for people who are being eliminated.  Instead of calling it voting, you can create a negative ad or slam against their campaign and whoever gets the most negativity heaped on them drops off the bottom of the polls.

All just changing terminology and making up roleplaying possibilities, but hey I need sleep and when that happens my brain spits out funky ideas.

Makes sense to me.

Ok how about this, let's more the politics one to a different thread (who's running the next game after this one?) The game after this would be closer to the election and so people might be in the mood for a little steam to be blown off about it.

The lightinign round could be set at the final debate :)

Aside from the politics one I like the Anime one,

Or maybe after the election in general. My second choice is also the Anime one

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »
One of my favorite tv programs of all time was a little bit Kaiju and despite being live action, a little bit Anime in feel.

Another of my top five was a puppet show that was also sort of Anime and sort of Kaiju

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
I voted "politics," but I wouldn't mind putting off that game for the future, like Tripe suggested, especially since I'm still very, very busy and stuff.  However, I do have a few questions about it.  Is everybody who enters it going to invariably end up choosing presidential headliners, such as Romney and Clinton, with only Obama and McCain off-limits, or are the pundits fair game, too?  Because I... kind of want to play as Olbermann in this game.

And who DOES have the next game, anyway? If there isn't much of a line, I wouldn't mind running the Presidential Debate Mafia game.  I can host as Olbermann AND O'Reilly, to represent both demographics.  And I'll read the rules, I promise.

Heh.  All this coming from somebody who claims to go cross-eyed when it comes to politics.

I'd be sitting out of this round, anyway, though.  My vote's about as useful as Walt Disney's.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »
So would Olbe'Reilly be some sort of two headed blowhard thing a bit like the purple Muppet on Sesame Street? :)

PINHEADSNEOCONS
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:22:43 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:14 AM »
Yeah, pretty much.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
And who DOES have the next game, anyway?

TeamRAD has Game 15.  I don't think anyone has explicitly claimed anything beyond.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »
Man we have to do a political one. I have this sweet Teddy Roosevelt Avatar, we can't let that go to waste! Man, I need some trusts to bust.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »
You could always go Big Game Hunting