login

Author Topic: Web-slinger stingers?  (Read 7700 times)

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
Web-slinger stingers?
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »
There can be only one:

"Hey! He stole that guy's pizzas!"

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
Re: Web-slinger stingers?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
The scene where doc oc  smashes a window while climbing a building and a secretary girl in glasses screams three times in a row while running away from the window towards the screen. Horribly bad acting.

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
The scene where doc oc  smashes a window while climbing a building and a secretary girl in glasses screams three times in a row while running away from the window towards the screen. Horribly bad acting.

Very bad.  But some of that blame falls on Raimi. There's a lot of really goofy and distracting overacting from extras in all the Spider-man movies.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »
When Aunt May slaps the banker when he curses.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
This one makes me want to cheat and take a clip from the blooper reel, specifically the shot of Doc Oc's tentacle tipping the glass toward him, and him missing it so scotch pours all over him.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »

Very bad.  But some of that blame falls on Raimi. There's a lot of really goofy and distracting overacting from extras in all the Spider-man movies.

I noticed a lot of that in the third one, too. Raimi must have a thing for having women scream right into the camera like it's an old '50s monster movie.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »

I noticed a lot of that in the third one, too. Raimi must have a thing for having women scream right into the camera like it's an old '50s monster movie.

I think a lot of his treatment of the villains throughout the Spider-Man series lies on his love of those movies.  Could just be a feeling though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 12:33:41 AM »
"I've been reading poetry...."
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 05:28:48 AM »
How about Aunt May silently getting up and leaving Peter alone at the dinner table after he tells her about the night Uncle Ben died? I think it perfectly sums up the tone of this movie. The sound of the door closing behind her grinds it in so spectacularly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:30:41 AM by RobtheBarbarian »

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
The butler with the weird voice delivering two lines with no expression and walking out. Classic stinger material.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »
The butler with the weird voice delivering two lines with no expression and walking out. Classic stinger material.

Agreed. I loved the riff "Did that actor win a contest or something?" But no mention of his Kermit like voice?

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
If I remember correctly, one of the guys did an impression of him, but I think someone else was laughing so hard it was hard to hear!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
If it was Spiderman 2.1 (which I also own) I'd pick the scene of Jameson weraing the Spiderman outfit jumping around in his office. Very funny and weird.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »
If it was Spiderman 2.1 (which I also own) I'd pick the scene of Jameson weraing the Spiderman outfit jumping around in his office. Very funny and weird.

Where do I see that? That sounds hilarious.

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L3myJHye9gQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/L3myJHye9gQ</a>