4 (0.9%)
MST3Kinfo.com
149 (32.3%)
Other MST Forum / Site
194 (42%)
YouTube
24 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 450

Author Topic: How did you hear about or find Rifftrax?!?  (Read 105122 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Post how you heard about or found Rifftrax?!?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
I was also but a humble MST3K fan, who found out about RiffTrax through the mst3kinfo.com site. I signed up immediately (the site was also still in beta) and they were working out the kinks of the newsletter. Joined the forum at the same time and downloaded Fifth Element and Road House, and Star Trek 5 was coming soon.

My first reaction was "YES!!!!!!!!!" .. I think I startled some of my coworkers, who immediately wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I've been a fan ever since (and continue to be, even after being hired by Legend).

Funny what can happen over the span of a few months :)

EDIT: Also, great idea for a thread. Made it a sticky.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 09:49:12 PM by torgosPizza »

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 07:31:54 PM »
Legend Films Fanclub e-mail.

I was beyond elated!  Too good to be true!

Same here. On both points.  :)
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1084
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »
Heard about it from DAP central.  Once I went to the site I was very excited, but I had no place to vent my excitement.  I had to wait a few days for the forum to be made, then it all spewed out into 500+ posts.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 08:18:40 PM »
I was also but a humble MST3K fan, who found out about RiffTrax through the mst3kinfo.com site. I signed up immediately (the site was also still in beta) and they were working out the kinks of the newsletter. Joined the forum at the same time and downloaded Fifth Element and Road House, and Star Trek 5 was coming soon.

My first reaction was "YES!!!!!!!!!" .. I think I startled some of my coworkers, who immediately wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I've been a fan sever since (and continue to be, even after being hired by Legend).

Funny what can happen over the span of a few months :)

EDIT: Also, great idea for a thread. Made it a sticky.

Torgo I love that you are a fan that is working for THE company now. Also thanks for stickying this topic, thats my first one!

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
I can't remember, must have been through the DAP.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 09:45:55 PM »

Torgo I love that you are a fan that is working for THE company now. Also thanks for stickying this topic, thats my first one!

Believe me, I still get star-struck. Whenever Mike walks into the room it's like "Whoa! It's Mike!" haha.  I actually had to ask permission from Kevin and Mike for a few moments to be a "fan" and have them sign my box sets :)

So yeah - as I said when I first got brought on, I'm a big-time fan and will make it my purpose to keep my fellow fans happy with their RiffTrax experience. Which is why I'm always working, even on weekends  8)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 09:50:17 PM by torgosPizza »

Offline beavis69

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: How did you hear about or find Rifftrax?!?
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 09:56:43 PM »
I found out about it thru the MST3k group I belong to on My Space.  Once I got a decent Mp3 player I downloaded four movies.  Road House, The Matrix, Star Trek 5, and Episode 1.  They had just done Point Break when I discovered the site. 

Offline teedub

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Orlando....DANCER!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 10:16:42 PM »
So yeah - as I said when I first got brought on, I'm a big-time fan and will make it my purpose to keep my fellow fans happy with their RiffTrax experience. Which is why I'm always working, even on weekends  8)
It's fully appreciated.  Many thanks for taking pride in the job that some of us wish we had. :D

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1084
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 11:38:02 PM »
I found out about it thru the MST3k group I belong to on My Space.  Once I got a decent Mp3 player I downloaded four movies.  Road House, The Matrix, Star Trek 5, and Episode 1.  They had just done Point Break when I discovered the site. 

Really?  So Myspace is actually good for something...  Huh. Who knew?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2163
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 01:27:54 AM »
Chalk one more up for finding out through Satelite News. I actually have it as my start page on my web browser. Soon as I found out, I sent an Email to my wife (She was at work) and said, "I never thought I'd say this, but let's rent Roadhouse!" A couple weeks later, the round table opened up and the rest is very carefully chronicled by me throughout these forums. :^)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 09:28:14 AM »

I heard about rifftrax from the MST3K Discussion board.

http://forrestcrow.proboards47.com/index.cgi

Me too.
Just about went balistic when I read about it.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 53
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »
I heard about RiffTrax just shortly after the release of "Road House" from James Lileks' daily bleat.  My initial reaction was that it seemed like a pretty good excuse to write a review and conduct an interview.  And, 250 posts later (hey, I'm Magneto-cent now!) here I am, still fartin' around on the forums.

If any of you are unfamiliar with Lileks, he's a personal friend of Mike, and a damned funny guy in his own right.  If you have multiple hours to kill, you could do far worse than to visit his site.

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »
Well, I'm a member of an MST3K forum where we discuss the episodes, the various DVD's, many of which have eaten into my food money (pun intended).  Someone on there posted about Rifftrax and after reading about it, decided to put out the ca$h almost right away with the release of Fifth Element.  Mostly cause I didn't have Roadhouse on DVD, but I did have Fifth Element, and I've been a rifftrax continual customer since.

On the MST3K forum, I'm a moderator and a dedicated spam deleter.

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 03:03:44 PM »
I was watching MST3K on YouTube (Puma-Man I think) and somebody mentioned it in one of the comments so I googled it or something and voila, a fan was born.
My reaction was-Yes! I was especially psyched to see bloated, big-budget blockbusters being lampooned.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:59 PM »
The SomethingAwful thread. I've been a Mystery Science Theater fan for a while, but I didn't follow it on the web too closely. SomethingAwful, which is chock full of misties (seriously, count the Biff McLargehuge variants) had that thread up within like a day of the Roadhouse beta. Good times, good times.