login

Author Topic: This really passes for a "band"??  (Read 32973 times)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
Re: This really passes for a "band"??
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »
What's sad is, he thinks the Smite the Righteous dude is still listening to him...

I don't. I genuinely hate the band.
OK, WE GET IT.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
What's sad is, he thinks the Smite the Righteous dude is still listening to him...

OK, WE GET IT.

I think he confuses that phrase with "tell us how you genuinely feel about the band"

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »

OK, WE GET IT.

I think he confuses that phrase with "tell us how you genuinely feel about the band"

I think that you don't understand that posts on a message board for a comedy website are sometimes intended to be funny. Is it better to get aggravated every time I mention that band, or to laugh?
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »
We even had some guy offer us $100 to sell him our promo copy so he could get it early....

Aw come on!  Stop mocking me!  I'm a HUGE fan and thought I'd be able to get the hookup from a fellow board member!   :D

Please tell me you sold it to him and split the money with everyone.

Can you imagine the shame he'd feel after bragging to his friends that he got it early and actually listened to it?

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

If you want a good rap/rock fusion, try Hed PE. They're actually legitimate musicians.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I don't know what's funnier, you calling Hed PE "good" or stating that they're legitimate musicians.

If you want a band that has successfully incorporated some hip-hop elements into its rock formula, try Faith No More. Everything else I've heard pales in comparison, including the BORING Anthrax.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
Any form of "Metal" that associates itself with "Emo" and/or "Hip Hop" is NO form of "Metal" at all.

And the masks trend has been done and barely done right. That whole "air of mystery" bullshit is so pathetic. It makes me want to hurt them all. Very bad.

I have this picture in my head of you stroking your beard with a smug look on your face while you contemplate what you're going to post.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 10:50:36 AM »
Any form of "Metal" that associates itself with "Emo" and/or "Hip Hop" is NO form of "Metal" at all.

And the masks trend has been done and barely done right. That whole "air of mystery" bullshit is so pathetic. It makes me want to hurt them all. Very bad.

I have this picture in my head of you stroking your beard with a smug look on your face while you contemplate what you're going to post.

**strokes beard
Hmm, you are quite correct. I despise many things, and am quite smug.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »
If you want a good rap/rock fusion, try Hed PE. They're actually legitimate musicians.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I don't know what's funnier, you calling Hed PE "good" or stating that they're legitimate musicians.

If you want a band that has successfully incorporated some hip-hop elements into its rock formula, try Faith No More. Everything else I've heard pales in comparison, including the BORING Anthrax.

I thought you'd learned your lesson, you dumb fuck. Were you hit in the back of the head with a shovel? Is that why you've decided to make yourself the matron of all taste in music, even though you know absolutely NOTHING about the music you bash? "No, don't listen to that, the moron who only listens to death metal 100% of the time thinks it sucks!" You think that Dr. Octagon is a death metal band, right? Have you ever listened to an album, or do you buy music for the cover artwork, you dumb fuck? ::)

Hed PE are a good band and legitimate musicians (by the way, don't buy the bogus "greatest hits" album Jive put out...they're ripping the band off! Hed PE aren't making a DIME off that disc! You are stealing from the band if you buy that CD). Hed PE are one of the few bands to cross punk with hip-hop and elements of reggae and metal, and not only that, do it well.

But, then again, you have your head so far up your ass that you can see your mother's fist when she pushes your teeth in, so, maybe you aren't the best person to discuss...well, anything, with.

That's the most ridiculous cop-out the internet has ever known. The instant someone disagrees with the opinion of the masses, it's trolling. Did you ever stop to consider that people have differing opinions?

WOW. Hey, Inbred Asshole, FUCK YOU.

Is there anyone who shares Inbred Asshole's opinion? Maybe someone who is not a functioning moron?

(By the way, the BEST hip-hop/metal fusion, ever? ESHAM, who was a MAJOR influence on Kool Keith and dozens of other acid rappers.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:04:56 PM by Isaac »

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
I thought you'd learned your lesson, you dumb fuck. Were you hit in the back of the head with a shovel? Is that why you've decided to make yourself the matron of all taste in music, even though you know absolutely NOTHING about the music you bash? "No, don't listen to that, the moron who only listens to death metal 100% of the time thinks it sucks!" You think that Dr. Octagon is a death metal band, right? Have you ever listened to an album, or do you buy music for the cover artwork, you dumb fuck? ::)

(By the way, the BEST hip-hop/metal fusion, ever? ESHAM, who was a MAJOR influence on Kool Keith and dozens of other acid rappers.)

Yes Isaac.. I have never even bothered to listen to any of the music I dislike. I'm like you in that the only life I have is on a message board, where I constantly start shit because no one would otherwise pay attention to me. I also incessantly hype the WORST fucking bands such as Inane Clown Pussy, Hed PE, Esham (who by the way was influenced by Kool Keith and not the other way around) and other such acts that only imbeciles with a low IQ and a lack of self esteem would consider talented.

All sarcasm aside,  I believe I've already established the fact that I listen to a far wider variety of music than you do. As far as I'm concerned, you listen to three different types of music: 1.) avant-garde rock (Frank Zappa) 2.) acid rap (Dr. Octagon) and 3.) complete and utter shit (everything else).

But, then again, you have your head so far up your ass that you can see your mother's fist when she pushes your teeth in, so, maybe you aren't the best person to discuss...well, anything, with.

At least I know my mother... yours took off the moment she first saw you. It must have had something to do with that hatchet man birthmark you have. I'll bet you don't know your father, either. That explains the way you act around here. It must have been real tough being passed around from one orphanage to another, but I must remind you that we are NOT running a daycare here.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 03:38:39 PM »

Yes Isaac.. I have never even bothered to listen to any of the music I dislike. I'm like you in that the only life I have is on a message board, where I constantly start shit because no one would otherwise pay attention to me. I also incessantly hype the WORST fucking bands such as Inane Clown Pussy, Hed PE, Esham (who by the way was influenced by Kool Keith and not the other way around) and other such acts that only imbeciles with a low IQ and a lack of self esteem would consider talented.

WRONG. Esham was performing acid rap in the 1980s. He released his first album in 1989 -- pure acid rap. When Kool Keith was with Ultramagnetic MCs, he did not perform acid rap. Kool Keith didn't start releasing acid rap until the LATE 1990s, you fucking idiot.

All sarcasm aside,  I believe I've already established the fact that I listen to a far wider variety of music than you do. As far as I'm concerned, you listen to three different types of music: 1.) avant-garde rock (Frank Zappa) 2.) acid rap (Dr. Octagon) and 3.) complete and utter shit (everything else).

Because you are a moron. You lowered your IQ by listening to shitty death metal, and thus this is the only type of music you listen to when you are not bashing bands you've never heard. You listen to a wider variety of music than I do? Wow. That's cute. "NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, BRUTAL DEATH METAL, YAAAARGH!" You're a fucking idiot. (This is not a crack against EVERYONE who enjoys death metal -- just idiots like Inbred Asshole.)

What's your reasoning for my supposed lack of taste? That I don't listen to bands whose vocalist sounds like the goddamn COOKIE MONSTER, dipshit?

At least I know my mother... yours took off the moment she first saw you. It must have had something to do with that hatchet man birthmark you have. I'll bet you don't know your father, either. That explains the way you act around here. It must have been real tough being passed around from one orphanage to another, but I must remind you that we are NOT running a daycare here.

PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN AND LISTEN TO SOMETHING THAT ISN'T "BRUTAL"! Widen your horizon, you fucking hick. Mix some Varese, Roy Orbison, Bob Marley and Funkadelic with the crap you listen to!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:59:56 PM by Isaac »

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
*yawn*

So tell me, Isaac... what IS the difference between a brutal death metal band and a melodic death metal band? I mean, you're the musical expert and I'm so confused on the matter.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
*yawn*

So tell me, Isaac... what IS the difference between a brutal death metal band and a melodic death metal band? I mean, you're the musical expert and I'm so confused on the matter.

The difference is that one will occasionally be purchased by someone who actually listens to the music they spend their money on, and one will be just another random purchase from idiots like you.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 248
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »
You guys are hilarious.

"I'm the master of all musical knowledge!"

"No, I am the king of all music facts!'

"The hell you say! I know everything there is to know about music, and listen to a wider variety of music than you do!"

"No, I have more eclectic musical tastes!"

*fistfight*

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »
I don't give a shit about what anyone else listens to, but I bust a gut laughing every time some twerp like IA thinks that he gets to tell me what to listen to and what not to listen to, because 100% of his frequently-played albums are "BRUTAAAAAAALLLL!"

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »
You guys are hilarious.

"I'm the master of all musical knowledge!"

"No, I am the king of all music facts!'

"The hell you say! I know everything there is to know about music, and listen to a wider variety of music than you do!"

"No, I have more eclectic musical tastes!"

*fistfight*

Hey, I'm just having a bit of fun while I wait around and Isaac's always game. I can always count on him being around, no matter what day of the week or what time it is... it's ALWAYS Isaac time!

PS, I AM The King of All Musical Knowledge!