login

Author Topic: This really passes for a "band"??  (Read 30871 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: This really passes for a "band"??
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
In fact, it's been widely praised as one of the best metal albums of all time.

Not sure where you got that information from, but I'm pretty sure Roots doesn't place anywhere near the top of the best Metal albums chart.

Well, I didn't say that it's considered the best, just that it was considered "one of the best". According to Wikipedia, The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal ranks it as the 11th best metal album of all time, although I've never actually read that book to confirm this claim.

Hmm, I would think Chaos A.D. would have ranked higher than Roots. If nothing else than how well known that record is. And maybe it did, but I can't find any text from the book online. Still, with all the releases out there taken into account, I just can't see how Roots could rank so high.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »

THIS passes for a band?! look at their shaggy hair and sideburns!!!

They're no Glenn Miller that's for sure.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
If John would've cleaned up that face and straightened his hair he could have passed as a young Glenn Miller.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
Less into hookers though.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2008, 06:40:13 PM »
That's not what I said. What I said, was, in fact, that they were death metal at some point, but that you didn't like that album because it wasn't death metal. I really feel that I shouldn't have to explain these things to you, but you're a bit slow, so I guess it's hard for you to keep up.

Are they trend-hoppers, or do they just like experimenting with different things? I'm pretty sure that Frank Zappa wasn't "trend-hopping" when he incorporated funk elements into Over-Nite Sensation (I.E., "I'm the Slime," which P-Funk sometimes cover in their live performances).

And, by the way, EXACTLY WHAT THE FUCK DO THE BRAZILIAN TRIBAL MUSIC AND HARDCORE PUNK INFLUENCES ON THAT ALBUM HAVE TO DO WITH "TREND HOPPING"?

It's not embarrassing to experiment with a wide range of different styles and advance your art form. You only think that because you're a twerp who thinks that Esham (who invented acid rap) was influenced by Kool Keith (who did not invent acid rap). Roots is not embarrassing. In fact, it's been widely praised as one of the best metal albums of all time. You're just too stupid to handle originality and creativity. If something doesn't sound EXACTLY THE SAME as everything else you enjoy, you won't hear it.

And, for the record, I never said it was their best release. What I said was that it was MY FAVORITE METAL ALBUM. But if you continue to act this stupid, I'll start saying that Roots was Sepultura's best release so you can stomp your feet and wail.

Speaking of Pantera, Dimebag Darrell, Rex Brown, and Vinnie Paul did an album with David Allan Coe called Rebel Meets Rebel. I doubt you've ever listened to that. You probably think that one is embarrassing because it's a cross between metal and country, huh? Good grief, your arguments just keep getting dumber and dumber.

No, numbnuts, I don't even care for the death metal Sepultura released. If you'd paid attention and had actually HEARD the Sepultura albums I listed, you'd notice that I favor their THRASH albums. You do know what thrash is, right? Considering that you think their nu-metal album was death metal, I'm gonna have to say you don't.

They are trend-hoppers. Do I have to draw a fucking picture for you? They started out as death metal,  jumped on the thrash scene when it was popular, moved over to groove and then onto nu-metal. Incorporating more tribal elements (which they did with Chaos AD) had nothing to do with their career based upon trend-hopping.

Roots is praised as one of the best metal albums of all time by people who don't even listen to metal. The same people will also tell you that every single Metallica album belongs in the top 100 and that Master of Puppets is TEH GRAYTIST METOOL ALBUN OFF AWL TYME!!!! I'm pretty certain Roots is about the 11th WORST metal album of all time. I can list off a bunch of metal albums better than Roots.. and you know what? I think I WILL:

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Atheist - Piece of Time
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Cynic - Focus
Death - Leprosy
Death - Spiritual Healing
Death - Human
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Death - Symbolic
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Sepultura - Schizophrenic
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With the Dead
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Nile - In The Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh
Cryptopsy - None So Vile

I could keep going like this all fucking night, too.

Oh yeah, and Rebel Meets Rebel sucks, but looks genius in comparison to the joke known as Damageplan.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
That's not what I said. What I said, was, in fact, that they were death metal at some point, but that you didn't like that album because it wasn't death metal. I really feel that I shouldn't have to explain these things to you, but you're a bit slow, so I guess it's hard for you to keep up.

Are they trend-hoppers, or do they just like experimenting with different things? I'm pretty sure that Frank Zappa wasn't "trend-hopping" when he incorporated funk elements into Over-Nite Sensation (I.E., "I'm the Slime," which P-Funk sometimes cover in their live performances).

And, by the way, EXACTLY WHAT THE FUCK DO THE BRAZILIAN TRIBAL MUSIC AND HARDCORE PUNK INFLUENCES ON THAT ALBUM HAVE TO DO WITH "TREND HOPPING"?

It's not embarrassing to experiment with a wide range of different styles and advance your art form. You only think that because you're a twerp who thinks that Esham (who invented acid rap) was influenced by Kool Keith (who did not invent acid rap). Roots is not embarrassing. In fact, it's been widely praised as one of the best metal albums of all time. You're just too stupid to handle originality and creativity. If something doesn't sound EXACTLY THE SAME as everything else you enjoy, you won't hear it.

And, for the record, I never said it was their best release. What I said was that it was MY FAVORITE METAL ALBUM. But if you continue to act this stupid, I'll start saying that Roots was Sepultura's best release so you can stomp your feet and wail.

Speaking of Pantera, Dimebag Darrell, Rex Brown, and Vinnie Paul did an album with David Allan Coe called Rebel Meets Rebel. I doubt you've ever listened to that. You probably think that one is embarrassing because it's a cross between metal and country, huh? Good grief, your arguments just keep getting dumber and dumber.

No, numbnuts, I don't even care for the death metal Sepultura released. If you'd paid attention and had actually HEARD the Sepultura albums I listed, you'd notice that I favor their THRASH albums. You do know what thrash is, right? Considering that you think their nu-metal album was death metal, I'm gonna have to say you don't.

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER. DO YOU SPEAK IT? I never said that. EVER.

Secondly, "Nu metal"? Seriously? You actually think that's an ACTUAL genre? That vague, bizarre label that has been tagged onto everything from Faith No More to Rob Zombie? Okay, I'll play along.

So, you think Roots is nu metal, huh? (Even though it was released in 1996, before anyone started using that term.) Right! I'm sure (read this as Moon Unit Zappa on "Valley Girl") that LIMP BIZKIT (yuck.) frequently mixed groove metal, hardcore punk, world metal, and traditional Brazilian music on their albums!

You are a shithead.

Roots was partially influenced by Deftones and Korn. These bands have absolutely nothing to do with the crappy, mainstream imitations that followed them (I.E., Staind, Linkin Park).

They are trend-hoppers. Do I have to draw a fucking picture for you? They started out as death metal,  jumped on the thrash scene when it was popular, moved over to groove and then onto nu-metal. Incorporating more tribal elements (which they did with Chaos AD) had nothing to do with their career based upon trend-hopping.

I'll explain this to you slowly: YOU. ARE. A. FUNCTIONING. MORON.

Roots is praised as one of the best metal albums of all time by people who don't even listen to metal. The same people will also tell you that every single Metallica album belongs in the top 100 and that Master of Puppets is TEH GRAYTIST METOOL ALBUN OFF AWL TYME!!!!

You're genuinely insane, aren't you?

I'm pretty certain Roots is about the 11th WORST metal album of all time.

I'm absolutely certain that you are the real-life equivalent of Simple Jack.

(Note: I am not making fun of people who are actually mentally impaired, just as Ben Stiller was not making fun of people who are mentally impaired. The fake movie was a comment on over-the-top portrayals of people with disabilities, and Ingrown Asshair is the real-life equivalent of one of these cartoon characters.)

I can list off a bunch of metal albums better than Roots.. and you know what? I think I WILL:

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Atheist - Piece of Time
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Cynic - Focus
Death - Leprosy
Death - Spiritual Healing
Death - Human
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Death - Symbolic
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Sepultura - Schizophrenic
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With the Dead
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Nile - In The Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh
Cryptopsy - None So Vile

I could keep going like this all fucking night, too.

Which of these bands will you be *masturbating* to this evening as you contemplate what a failure at life you are?

Oh yeah, and Rebel Meets Rebel sucks, but looks genius in comparison to the joke known as Damageplan.

Ah. I see. You *ARE* a functioning moron.

And, by the way, DAC is a country legend, Pantera is one of the most respected metal bands of recent years, and you, on the other hand, are widely considered to be the village idiot.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:12:26 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
*yawn*

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »
*yawn*

No response? I've repeatedly proven that you know absolutely nothing about music, and you persist in proving myself correct by stomping up and down screaming "YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT METAL RAAAAGGGHHHHHHLL RAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR".

Go on, try to tell me that Esham was influenced by Kool Keith again. Make yourself look like an idiot some more.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »
*yawn*

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2008, 07:03:29 PM »
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »
*yawn*

I'll sell you a copy of KKKill the Fetus if you burn all of your Hollywood Undead CDs.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »
I fail to see how either of you are proving anything other than how poor your conversational skills are.

...besides possibly a staggering amount of blind arrogance/ignorance.

Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
I fail to see how either of you are proving anything other than how poor your conversational skills are.

...besides possibly a staggering amount of blind arrogance/ignorance.

I can have a normal discussion with kodiakthejuggler and many others because most people on here do not think they have some kind of bizarre point to make (and most do not think that it's a good idea to scream at me when they are wrong). Ingrown Asshair thinks that I am picking on him when I am merely poking fun at the staggering amount of arrogant, ignorant shit he posts.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
Still, with all the releases out there taken into account, I just can't see how Roots could rank so high.

It's highly likely that the person who made the list has no clue about metal. This isn't so much about taste as there's just no way in hell that album belongs in the top 100. Hell, that album wouldn't even make the top 100 of kids who shop at Hot Topic and they're notorious for supporting the crap of the crop.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:47 PM »
Hollywood Undead is making me hate this thread.