Author Topic: Comic Collectors? Large collection? How do you store them?  (Read 7381 times)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: Comic Collectors? Large collection? How do you store them?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »
I doubt it would be any good for older comics. Newer, glossy-paper Darkhorse style comics, sure. 80s newsprint Spider-Man, not so much.

Offline Jazzman99

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
Well, I put my money where my mouth is and got six books bound, picking and choosing from my old collection--mostly 80s stuff that I enjoy, but rarely have the energy to dig out of boxes to read.  I think they came out great and I'm definitely planning to do more.  That 80s newsprint holds up just fine, and the books feel solid and substantial.  You do lose a bit on the edges when they trim the pages, and if the book is thick you'll lose a hair in the gutter, but 80s books tended to have lots of white space anyway and I haven't found anything I can't read.

If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would!
Read my crime novel FIVE MILLION DOLLARS AND THE GREEN-EYED GIRL on Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/4y5jmem

Offline Drusilla

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »
I have them in plasic covers and with backboards, but I have them stored in the comic boxes that I got from the comic shop here... doesn't make for easy access, but I'm pretty anal about keeping them in a certian order so that I can find them easily.
quid dicendum sit libere dicam

Offline Spider69

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »
To index my comics I use http://www.comicsinventory.com
It lets you label them with multiple labels and keep notes about each issue.

Offline TheBatman

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
I stake my Batman graphic novels on one shelf and my Punisher graphic novels on another. Misc titles go on another. As for individual issues, I get boxes for free from my local comic book store, it helps being good friends with the staff.