Author Topic: The Techno Twins!  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
The Techno Twins!
« on: August 25, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »
Ok, remember the geico cavemen, and how they ended up with their own TV series?

is it possible that something this horrible could happen again and we could get a series based on "The techno twins: Slash unt Deeter" from the new phone commercials?

My god, can you imagine a series like this?

"The techno twins: Slash unt Deeter! Using the power of techno to save the world!"

First episode: A terrorist has knowledge of an imminent attack with a nuclear warhead against a western city. The interrogators at Gitmo have waterboarded him with 50,000 gallons of water, passed the output of a nuclear reactor thru his scrotum, pumped him full or more drugs that igy Pop and even forced himt o see nude pictures of ann coulter, but he still won't talk. Call in the Techno Twins! After 30 seconds of their music and dancing, Achmed is screaming "AAAAGH! FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH MAKE THEM STOP! THE BOMB'S HIDDEN IN DICK CHENEY"S CHEST CAVITY SINCE THERE"S NOTHING ELSE THERE TO GET IN THE WAY! OSAMA BIN LADIN'S HIDING IN WHITNEY HOUSTEN'S CLOSET! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?!?!?!?!"1

Episode two: Aliens have invaded earth, and secured a landing area outside of los angeles. Even the atomic bomb couldn't stop them, so it;s time to call in THE TECHNO TWINS! (Slash unt Deeter advance towards the aliens, using the power of their techno music to disrupt the aliens nuke blocking forcefield. The aliens try killing the duo with their laser death rays only to have them deflecting by Deeter's mylar ribbons which he skillfyully sways around himself as he dances. As the techno beat begins to fracture the aliens battle armo, they hastily board their ships and retreat from earth, never to return.

(BTW, for the humor impaired, I'm parodying the idea of using commercial characters to create TV shows, OK? Not to mention parodying thosen ghawdawful phone commercials....)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: The Techno Twins!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
The caveman show was funny.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:21:02 AM »
Haven't see the commercials, do you have a video clip?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
I could swear the first guy's name was "Klaus."
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »

No, sorry. It's a current commercial for phones.

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
Could be, the music was so loud it could have been klaus or slash...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

That would make more sense since the other is apparently caller Dieter.

No, sorry. It's a current commercial for phones.

What's the phone company?

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »
Here's a link to the commercial, you need to sign up for something called "adgrunt" to see it, and as I've seen it I didn't.

http://commercial-archive.com/node/144952

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
Look, what's the phone company?

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 12:11:54 AM »
It says something about commercials these days that, after talking about it for nearly 3 days, only now does someone actually remember what it was advertising. :^)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:16:32 AM »
Look, what's the phone company?
AT&T!!!

Oh OK so that was easy then:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUfONVpMn4Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zUfONVpMn4Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

It's not really the same as the Caveman ads since the twins are more incidental to the message really.

Here's another in the series:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqNLEdzngCc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fqNLEdzngCc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

It says something about commercials these days that, after talking about it for nearly 3 days, only now does someone actually remember what it was advertising. :^)

I find that's true for most ads, I'm often describing an add and including the phrase "can't remember what it's for"  :D

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 05:59:46 AM »
The AT&T ads work well to get the 'more coverage' message across. Even the radio version of the Motorhead ad, is distinct enough to be instantly recognizable... however the campaign needs to continue for people to place the ads with the company. Also, the fact that AT&T is using orange (already established as Vonage!) is moronic.