login

Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 325509 times)

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
Re: What are you working on?
« Reply #2520 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
Slightly off-topic from what this is supposed to represent, but figured this is the area of the forum I frequent the most, so most of my related news should be here...

As I work on the two GAM episodes for May and June, I am also working on getting a new house, as One Man Band Productions will soon be welcoming two new additions to the family in October.  My wife and I have twins due then.

Pray they can put up with my vast collection of voice impressions and movie quotes. ;)

That's awesome! Congratulations and good luck.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1488
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2521 on: June 18, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
Great Alaskan Mystery Chapter 7 is now available!
Watch along and see if you can solve the Great Alaskan Mystery before we do!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ND2BHyKJW9E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ND2BHyKJW9E</a>
https://youtu.be/ND2BHyKJW9E

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #2522 on: September 08, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »
Slightly off-topic from what this is supposed to represent, but figured this is the area of the forum I frequent the most, so most of my related news should be here...

As I work on the two GAM episodes for May and June, I am also working on getting a new house, as One Man Band Productions will soon be welcoming two new additions to the family in October.  My wife and I have twins due then.

Pray they can put up with my vast collection of voice impressions and movie quotes. ;)

That's awesome! Congratulations and good luck.

Well, from the above...getting the new house fell through (but at least I made some fixes to the old one), the two arrivals came at the end of August instead of October (and are still in the hospital until roughly October)...but I am working on my new project still.  Here's a small clip of the script...
REGINALD
Can I come with?

OMB
Are you ready to enter a perilous series of obstacles that could result in certain death, serious disfigurement, or at the very least, a slight headache and a day or two without deodorant?

REGINALD
Can't be any worse than the Summer Camp I attended as a kid.

OMB
Then let's go.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #2523 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
Script for the new project is complete!  Without giving too much away, here are the technical aspects:

41 pages, so a roughly broadcast-hour length audio pilot.
10 different characters that I will be voicing, about half of them characters from previous OMB riffs.
An original story that will be one of (hopefully many) misadventures the crew of the OMB underground bunker experience when they aren't riffing movies.
Will contain an assortment of homegrown sound effects and a variety of music that is listed as being given to the public domain from the Free Music Archive (you'd be surprised what you can do with stuff that is essentially experimental electro cast-offs).

Now, I just need a month or so to record, edit, and put the whole thing up somewhere for listening and viewing.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2524 on: October 08, 2017, 05:31:14 AM »
Script for the new project is complete!  Without giving too much away, here are the technical aspects:

41 pages, so a roughly broadcast-hour length audio pilot.
10 different characters that I will be voicing, about half of them characters from previous OMB riffs.
An original story that will be one of (hopefully many) misadventures the crew of the OMB underground bunker experience when they aren't riffing movies.
Will contain an assortment of homegrown sound effects and a variety of music that is listed as being given to the public domain from the Free Music Archive (you'd be surprised what you can do with stuff that is essentially experimental electro cast-offs).

Now, I just need a month or so to record, edit, and put the whole thing up somewhere for listening and viewing.

Once you're all finished if you put together a brief audio commercial for it, shoot me an email & I'll see about plugging it on the Hitting Play podcast during one of our commercial breaks

Offline giantpez

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 23
    • Team Swizzlebeef
« Reply #2525 on: October 09, 2017, 10:13:50 AM »
Team Swizzlebeef presents Chapter 8 of the Great Alaskan Mystery group-riffing series! It's very late! Please enjoy. The rest of the chapters riffed by other groups can be found here: https://thegreatalaskanmysteryriff.wordpress.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llz6hZ3xqMQ

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Llz6hZ3xqMQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Llz6hZ3xqMQ</a>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:33:41 AM by giantpez »
"A Different Kind Of Company. A Different Kind Of Swizzlebeef."

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2357
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2526 on: January 18, 2018, 05:36:45 PM »
This isn't a specific project, but I figured I'd rather put this here than start a new thread.

There's been a lot of talk around home lately about changes we want to make.

I'm setting aside time every week to work on riffs, even if it's just an hour or less there will be progress on something, be it writing, recording, editing, or something. We are looking at MP3 riffs, full length VODs and shorts, though we have no release dates in mind yet.

There will also probably be some rebranding. It's been over ten years (!!!) that I've been releasing tracks with the name Ronin Fox.

Doesn't feel quite right anymore.

Ronin Fox is a name I came up with in my late teens. I used it for email addresses and screen names all over and I latched onto it when I decided to put out a riff in my twenties. I'm turning thirty-seven this year.

I first read the word ronin in a rulebook for Werewolf: The Apocalypse, a roleplaying game I tried and constantly failed to get started among a group of my high school friends. From there I learned more about it through movies and looking up stories online, and I adopted it for myself because I thought calling myself a ronin sounded cooler than "I don't have that many friends."

It's been a little harder every year to justify in my own head using a term for "masterless samurai" to describe myself. I'm married now, so I'm not the lonely guy I used to be. Also, while no one has ever brought up the phrase "cultural appropriation" to me about it, yeah there's that. I'd like to be able to make fun of Tom Cruise being the star of a movie called The Last Samurai, but that would make James "Ronin Fox" Cruise a bit hypocritical, wouldn't it?

While I haven't settled on all the details of the rebrand, I'm going to keep something "Fox" related in it, though I'll probably be using my real name a lot more.

RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5166
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2527 on: January 18, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Glad to hear you are still going to be working on riffs.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2528 on: January 31, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
Little update. I had an idea awhile ago on the name front, and its been stuck in my head ever since. Erica and I have been talking about one particular word back and forth.

So I'll ask you guys. If you see the word "vulpes" or "vulpe" does that evoke anything in particular for you? (whether you know the source or not, I'm asking for gut feelings)

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2529 on: January 31, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »
Little update. I had an idea awhile ago on the name front, and its been stuck in my head ever since. Erica and I have been talking about one particular word back and forth.

So I'll ask you guys. If you see the word "vulpes" or "vulpe" does that evoke anything in particular for you? (whether you know the source or not, I'm asking for gut feelings)
Is that a flock of vultures?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2501
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2530 on: January 31, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
It evokes foxes for me. (Which I'm guessing is the intent.)

EDIT: More accurately, it INITIALLY evokes this guy:

But if it didn't, it would still probably evoke its root word.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:26:45 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2531 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
It evokes foxes for me. (Which I'm guessing is the intent.)

EDIT: More accurately, it INITIALLY evokes this guy:

But if it didn't, it would still probably evoke its root word.

Yeah made me think Vulpix as well.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2532 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »
So yes, it's Latin for fox, but beyond that now. Let's get overanalytical here. How does the word make you feel? How would you feel about a product that used it in its title?

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2533 on: February 01, 2018, 06:52:51 AM »
So yes, it's Latin for fox, but beyond that now. Let's get overanalytical here. How does the word make you feel? How would you feel about a product that used it in its title?
I don't have any positive or negative feelings toward the word. It doesn't invoke riffing to me, but maybe that wouldn't be the only part of the title?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2501
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2534 on: February 01, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »
I mean- I don't think I'd drink Vulpes-Cola. But I might drive the Ford Vulpes or listen to a band named Vulpes.

That said, a lot of people are gonna assume you're a Pokémon fan.