Author Topic: WOOOO! I just beat ________!!!!!  (Read 87631 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 72
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: WOOOO! I just beat ________!!!!!
« Reply #600 on: December 23, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've been putting it off for a while, but I figured "Screw it, I'll just finish it", and I have so. It truly is the greatest game I have ever played.

But I'm sad to see it go.  :-[ :-[

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4483
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #601 on: December 24, 2017, 05:16:15 AM »

But I'm sad to see it go.  :-[ :-[

Do you like to watch it leave?

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 249
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #602 on: December 26, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »
I was playing Pokemon: Puzzle Challenge like crazy over the past few weeks and finally... FINALLY beat the challenge mode on the hardest difficulty... took me like 3 continues though.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2379
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
My four year old and I just beat Paper Mario Colo(u)r Splash.

We LOVED it.

His first game played all the way through. (I mean, mostly he was coaching, but he did the cutting out portions of the game)

There's still a few things left to do - A couple of stages aren't 100% painted, and a couple of the Roshambo temples still need beating. I may go back and do those without him.

It might be my new favourite of the series. Will definitely revisit it again down the line.

Might start another game with him some time this holidays, but not quite sure what it'll be. Maybe Pikmin, although there is a lot of cute things being killed in that game...
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1273
« Reply #604 on: January 02, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »
Beat Oxenfree. Kind of a point and click adventure meets a visual novel with great voice acting and a cool story, and minus obtuse item combining puzzzles. Much more about character development and story than puzzle solving or gaming.  I recommend it.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2341
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #605 on: January 02, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »
Beat Oxenfree. Kind of a point and click adventure meets a visual novel with great voice acting and a cool story, and minus obtuse item combining puzzzles. Much more about character development and story than puzzle solving or gaming.  I recommend it.

I'll have to look into that one, I just started playing Deponia but find it quite the just try every inventory item everywhere kind of game.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #606 on: January 02, 2018, 11:17:19 PM »

I'll have to look into that one, I just started playing Deponia but find it quite the just try every inventory item everywhere kind of game.

I guess it’s like the current Telltale games with three dialog options and choices that impact the story, but with better writing and no QTEs or inventory.

Also, I said point and click but it plays much better with a controller because I’m guessing it was designed for consoles.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 499
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #607 on: January 03, 2018, 02:16:06 AM »
I just beat West of Loathing. Man, that was a good game.

I say "beat" but I never did figure out how to get into the Necromancers' Tower. Strictly speaking, the only thing you "have" to do is get the Train all the way to Frisco. Which I did. But there was quite a bit of other stuff I never finished.

I don't typically play point and click adventures, but this was a fantastic game. Highly recommended.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2724
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2018, 12:30:29 AM »
I have conquered Super Mario Odyssey. My break from work has allowed me to invest time in this game like I've never done before, and Mario Odyssey is such a great game to get me back in touch with my gamer roots. Oh, I'm not DONE with it yet. There's still like 600 power moons scattered across multiple worlds to try to track down. That's gonna take a while. But the journey from the start of the game to the end is the most satisfying Mario game I've played in a good long time.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2379
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #609 on: January 08, 2018, 05:59:54 AM »
My kid wanted to play another game, so we played through Pikmin. He loved some of it, but also occasionally lost interest when I was playing the same levels over and over.

Still, he wants to go on to pikmin 2.
FINE

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4483
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #610 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18:13 AM »
Finished the main story of Skyrim.  The last missions were fun and all, but no big shakes.  Now to do all of the ancillary stuff.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
The Evil Within II:  Not bad.  Similar to Resident Evil 4 in that it has fun combat and a great atmosphere, but a campy story that isn't really scary. 

Pyre:  Also not bad.  A visual novel centered around a made up sports game.  The writing is good though, and the characters are all very interesting.  But toward the end I was skipping through the text a bit. 

Thumper: Finally got around to beating this intense rhythm game after accidentally deleting a save.  It's quite good, and makes you feel like you've been shot out of a canon and told to turn left.

Online RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2018, 02:49:10 PM »
X Com 2: After several abandoned runs, I dialed the difficulty down to easy and made it through. I think I learned enough from it to do better at a higher difficulty later, but I'm ready for a break for awhile.

Same addictive gameplay as the last game, I'm sure I'll come back to it once or twice a year or so for awhile.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2724
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
Just beat Hexcells. If you've ever played Picross, it's the same sort of logic, but with hexagons instead of squares. No pretty picture at the end, but the game itself has a very serene, relaxing look and sound. A good puzzler to pick up and play. Now on to Hexcells Plus!

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 81
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »
I think I can beat all of you in time it took to do it:

Super Mario Bros.

So that took. . . got our NES for Christmas '89. . . 28 years!

First time I could ever do it without relying on codes or a save state or something. Over Christmas I had to stay at my sister's place an extra day because of weather, and I played it just to kill some time, and to my surprise, I managed to make it all the way to Bowser and died on that goddamn volley of hammers he throws. So I spent time practicing that and how to get by hammer bros.

Like the only thing in the game that still gives me trouble is the damn hammers.

I also beat Mega Man 6 on my for the first time that day, but I'm a lot better at Mega Man games so I didn't doubt my ability to do that.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?