login

Author Topic: Bloc Party: "Intimacy" (New album out digitally on August 21st)  (Read 835 times)

Offline Magneto/Cerebro

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • You're dumb. I like that in a man.
    • Facebook: Jesse Shade
From blocparty.com:

Bloc Party hosted a live webchat on their site tonight to announce the details of their forthcoming third album, 'Intimacy'.

The album is available to pre-order now. The digital version will be delivered on the 21st of August (Thursday), and the CD will arrive on the 27th of October with new tracks.

Click here to order it now.

Wow, it seems very in vogue nowadays to go the Radiohead route. Good for them, anyway. As someone who found "Silent Alarm" a brilliant debut, I'm pretty excited. Anyone else?
DAMN YOU, ZEROPHILIACS, AND YOUR ABILITY TO LOSE YOUR FACIAL HAIR AND GROW SOME NICE BOOBIES!

Offline TVsAdam

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Personal text for a personal touch
    • Upsetting Shorts (my iRiffs group)
Re: Bloc Party: "Intimacy" (New album out digitally on August 21st)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:26:48 AM »
Cautiously excited, yes.  Silent Alarm is absolutely fantastic, but Weekend in the City was a disappointment by comparison.  And this new single, "Mercury"...ugh. 

Still, on the strength of Silent Alarm, and on statements made in interviews that the new record brings the sound of Silent Alarm together with the "experience" of Weekend in the City, I'm pretty enthused.

Offline cameage

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 6
  • Ace.
    • Rage
Re: Bloc Party: "Intimacy" (New album out digitally on August 21st)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »
I gave up on Bloc Party a long time ago.
You're solid gold, I'll see you in Hell.