Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: Armageddon  (Read 13150 times)

Offline Hellcat

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Re: Riff Raff Theater: Armageddon
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »
For me the first hour and the last 30 minutes were the easiest parts to riff.

Offline Blue Raja

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
  • Not Knifey Boy or Stab-Man.
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »
It's been a rough going for me so far - working on my current iRiff project ALONG with the Power Rangers Movie iRiff ALONG with this...in addition to full-time work and many other obligations...

Plus the nature of this movie - after the 1st hour, my brain just goes numb with all the NASA jargon and random people grimacing and yelling.  And there is hardly ANY pause between dialogue AT ALL in this movie - I end up having half of my riffs overlapping other people talking! :P

But hopefully I can still help out - after all, there still are so many scenes in this movie screaming to be riffed.  Which always seems to help the cause. 8)
Featuring the taxpayer-funded efforts of Blue Raja, Hellcat, and Skyroniter!

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
Welp, I've tried, I did the first hour, but I'm just burnt out on this. Sending what I got now.

Offline Blue Raja

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Not Knifey Boy or Stab-Man.
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »
Just sent mine in too.  I haven't really got any more time to devote to it during this week, or else I would've given it another go.  I think I managed to get in a few decent lines during the extra-tedious scenes towards the end, though.

You know, after watching and studying ( :speechless:) this movie, I have but one thing to say about the experience:

At least LXG was short.

Oh yeah, and bring on the riff.  "Richly deserved" is an understatement. >:(
Featuring the taxpayer-funded efforts of Blue Raja, Hellcat, and Skyroniter!

Offline Hellcat

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »
I sent mine in today.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.  This movie, though...ugh.  I don't think they left a single cliche unturned. 

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2008, 05:02:04 AM »
Reminder!

The deadline for script submissions is tonight. Any time before 10pm EST is fine.

We've got 12 scripts so far, which is a decent number for a normal length film, but I'm definitely hoping to see a few more last minute submissions where this is a longer than average movie (especially for the last hour, since so many people have said they couldn't do the whole thing).
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »
Screw it, I'm calling it quits at thirty-something lines.

This movie just plain hurts. I wish at least Chris Ellis and Liv Tyler had more screen time together, so I could load on the "That Thing You Do" references.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
I finally got around to watching this thing a couple of nights ago (literally: it took me two nights to finish it).  I realize this makes me unforgivably philistine, but I got a kick out of it.  Big, dumb, loud, and definitely way more Afflecky than I'm comfortable with, but overall I thought it was kinda fun.

Sounds like I'll miss the deadline for script submissions, though, so I guess I will have to confine myself to gap fill for this one.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
Well, since this is an online only riff, we don't have any kind of "hard" deadline, really. And frankly, since our plate is still full with LXG, I Robot, and Die Hard to record, it's going to be a little while before we get caught up enough to record Armageddon. So feel free to put some lines together and send them to me directly (but don't forget about Minority Report!).

Final script tally, not including staff (me, Chris, Junkyard, David) came to 20 scripts this time, a very nice number indeed. I believe the only times we had more scripts were for TRON and Batman & Robin (obviously - we had nearly 40 scripts for that one!). I'm trying to make some time over the weekend to start the process of compiling it all down to a rough draft.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
Well, since this is an online only riff, we don't have any kind of "hard" deadline, really. And frankly, since our plate is still full with LXG, I Robot, and Die Hard to record, it's going to be a little while before we get caught up enough to record Armageddon. So feel free to put some lines together and send them to me directly (but don't forget about Minority Report!).

Final script tally, not including staff (me, Chris, Junkyard, David) came to 20 scripts this time, a very nice number indeed. I believe the only times we had more scripts were for TRON and Batman & Robin (obviously - we had nearly 40 scripts for that one!). I'm trying to make some time over the weekend to start the process of compiling it all down to a rough draft.

Wasn't Tron that high because Chris had one started already with a bunch of non forum members (or something like that)? 

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »
Not a huge amount. We had two separate groups of people contribute: Three from our first performance in 2004, and two from our time at Geekza.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »
Not a huge amount. We had two separate groups of people contribute: Three from our first performance in 2004, and two from our time at Geekza.

Yeah, and those people were only counted as 2 scripts by me in the original tally of 22 scripts, because I never got their actual names until much much later (when you handed me the final copy to update the script handling code), originally I just got handed the 2 scripts along with the ones submitted from the forum members.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »
BTW, I just have to say this. anais, how the hell do you sleep with yourself, rigging this vote and forcing us to riff this steaming pile, and then only turning in FIFTY lines for it? You monster!

anais.jude

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
BTW, I just have to say this. anais, how the hell do you sleep with yourself, rigging this vote and forcing us to riff this steaming pile, and then only turning in FIFTY lines for it? You monster!

technically it was 50 lines for me AND BTA. Yes, yes I am a monster. My friends all failed me and here I am alone and ashamed.

on the other hand, like, 7 people are going to buy it that wouldn't have if not for me. So take your (what's 7 times 2? 14. ok) 14 dollars and buy yourself something nice.

I was wrong. I will take writing for LXG over Armageddon anyday of the week!

But you guys were going to do Armaggedon anyway. All i did was try to make it done before LXG might have actually written more lines if that had happened

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »
Only 4 people turned in more than 100 lines. And only 4 additional people made it all the way through the movie with material.

This one is going to be rough. Thank god we have extra time to do the writing on our end. :)

Also, David, you are a MACHINE. 693 lines?? You ROCK!