The Apple Ads - Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Love 'em!
13 (27.1%)
Hate 'em!
30 (62.5%)
Could take 'em or leave 'em
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: The Apple Ads - Love 'em or Hate 'em?  (Read 17847 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: The Apple Ads - Love 'em or Hate 'em?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »
Macs are more expensive, but they last longer in my experience. My 6-year old G4 cube gets better performance than my 2-year old pc. Things run both smoother and faster on the mac (word, photoshop, in design, firefox). On the other hand my pc burns dvds (and has decent dvd burning software available) and plays games.

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »
Maybe PC's have more software, but is that the Mac's fault?  The reason PC's have more software is that the developers don't have the balls to release stuff for Mac.  It's the same reason you don't see a lot of stuff for Linux.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
I agree. They COULD release more software for the Mac, but they don't. Until they do, the PC is where it's at if you're ANY kind of PC gamer. :^)

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »
The ads send the message that Mac users are snotty, self satisfied jerks. I won't comment on its accuracy.

Personally, I prefer PCs, but that's largely because I've been using them for so long that all the keyboard and linking shortcuts have become second nature to me. I can't really judge fairly.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 09:08:38 PM »
The ads send the message that Mac users are snotty, self satisfied jerks. I won't comment on its accuracy.

Personally, I prefer PCs, but that's largely because I've been using them for so long that all the keyboard and linking shortcuts have become second nature to me. I can't really judge fairly.

Yeah, they hang out with other Mac people, talk about Macs, and then go home watch Road House on their iPod Video and touch themselves.

BTW, Ron White is the man.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:39 PM »
jealous much?  ;D Actually I'm using a mac (with my pc on in the back round) 8) Dont own a ipod though. Never understood why people dont have both, if not for the although macs are really expensive, no other reason not to get one though?

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 10:58:20 PM »
jealous much?  ;D Actually I'm using a mac (with my pc on in the back round) 8) Dont own a ipod though. Never understood why people dont have both, if not for the although macs are really expensive, no other reason not to get one though?
I can see absolutely no reason to buy a Mac, as it would introduce new problems and fail to solve any. Also, iTunes pisses me off.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 07:42:17 AM »
I can see absolutely no reason to buy a Mac, as it would introduce new problems and fail to solve any. Also, iTunes pisses me off.

[Ash]

You have my sympathies.   :)

[/Ash]

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 08:31:19 AM »
Also, iTunes pisses me off.

ITunes really is crap, it sorts badly, doesn't read tags well and ha sa slew of other interface problems. The main redeeming feature was the album shuffle (the second one was Party Mode) and now that the gorgeous and incredibly clever AlbumPlayer has that, I'm not ever moving my music collection from the PC.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline PMAvers

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 08:46:04 AM »
In a vaguely related note, does anyone know the name of the Mac program that's basically a MST3K rip-off? Allows you to animate silhouetted characters, link over VOIP and watch films'n'stuff. Anyone?

Peanut Gallery is what you're looking for.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »

Um, how about the fact that there are no virus' for macs.  Pretty big plus in my book.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »

Um, how about the fact that there are no virus' for macs.  Pretty big plus in my book.

To be honest, there are viruses, just a very small amount, and it's not anywhere near as critical for the Mac community as it is for the Windows community. Agreed, though, it's a big selling point not to have to constantly worry about viruses.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »
I've always used PCs and never had a virus.  You just have to have an ounce of common sense to avoid them.  There are some good free virus programs.  I've fixed many a badly infected computer .  Those people are either don't have antivirus software or have it and ignore it.  It's really not that much of a hassle to think before you open a file and to keep your software updated.  Most software updates automatically.

The more popular macs get the more viruses they'll have.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 09:34:10 AM »
rifftrax = pc users =)

And to be honest - PCs have been able to handle the work we do with more efficiency than MACs (we've tried both) otherwise we'd be using macs. Of course, different people use em for different reasons.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »
I've always used PCs and never had a virus.  You just have to have an ounce of common sense to avoid them.  There are some good free virus programs.  I've fixed many a badly infected computer .  Those people are either don't have antivirus software or have it and ignore it.  It's really not that much of a hassle to think before you open a file and to keep your software updated.  Most software updates automatically.

The more popular macs get the more viruses they'll have.
Yeah, the no virus thing goes hand in hand with the poor software availability as a function of being less popular- personally, I can handle viruses, but I can't reprogram games between platforms.