login

Author Topic: Lost Season 5: The Official Thread  (Read 47262 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Lost Season 5: The Official Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 06:06:44 AM »
Do we need spoiler tags in this thread? As long as its just your own theories and not actual spoilers (from spoiler sites etc) about upcoming episodes? It will get real tiring real quick to try to read this thread.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 06:10:35 AM »
I think theories are fine.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »
The first scene with the drill operator...did he have like a seizure or something?  Do you think this relates to Faraday's assumption that you can't change anything, "it" wont let you?  So, if they find (and presumably wreck) the "big lever room", that would mess with the space-time line, and so instead the drill melted and the operator was injured?  Or is that room actually physically protected with a barrier of some kind?

Oh, and this also means that the "big lever room" wasn't installed by the Dharma Initiative like all the other bunkers and things were.  So who put it there?  And when?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:05:31 AM by SmilinJackRoss »
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
Fantastic.  Just, fantastic.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
Since theories are ok....here is mine.

This is my first time putting one of my theories out there so be gentle :).
Oceanic Six, the Island's constants

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »
Seems plausible to me.

I think it's pretty obvious that the old woman from the end of the second episode is either Faraday's mother or someone who was working with him - she was doing the same sort of calculations that Faraday was trying to get started on to figure out when / where jumps were going to occur (or maybe even when the whole matrix was going to collapse for good and leave no more opening to return).

Pretty good episodes... though it was a little hard to jump back in because I don't remember half of what's happened, they did a good job of jumping right into the action instead of spending a whole episode doing jack shit, which is what most shows usually do. The first episode in particular was really well written, I was surprised when the 45 minutes were up because I got so involved I had no idea the episode was about to end. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »
I'm not sure who she is in the larger sense, but that's the woman who sold Desmond the ring for Penny a long time ago.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 11:52:07 PM »
That was the old time-travel-expert lady that Desmond met in his time-travelling flashbacks.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »
I'm not sure who she is in the larger sense, but that's the woman who sold Desmond the ring for Penny a long time ago.

Yes, Susan said so while we were watching too. She's much better at remembering faces than I am.

Seriously, we'll be watching some random show like House and she'll look at the guest star and go "I know that guy...", 5 seconds will pass, and then she'll say, "Oh yeah, he was in an episode of North of 60... the one where the crooks were robbing a bunch of shops in town." And she's NEVER WRONG. Most useless mutant power ever. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
Ah..it's good to have Lost back. Two fantastic episodes :clap:
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »
I was very pleased.  Not at all the let-down I had feared.  I don't have any theories.  I prefer just to sit back and enjoy the ride, though I enjoy reading everyone else's theories.  My fiance is full of them. 

Offline no_springs

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »
I might be a little late for this, but they seem to be implying that John Locke is only mostly dead.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2009, 07:03:33 AM »
I might be a little late for this, but they seem to be implying that John Locke is only mostly dead.

He's feeling quite better!  He'll be walking by morning!

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2009, 07:49:50 AM »
Turns out I have a business dinner tonight, so I'll be missing Lost.  Anyone know if they re-air the episodes any other time in the next week?  I know I can watch it online, but I want to watch it on my big screen if at all possible.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2009, 08:06:20 AM »
I believe they re-air the previous episode right before the new one.  So you're safe.