Author Topic: Mafia Game 11: Muppets (Now Playing)  (Read 33311 times)

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
Re: Mafia Game 11: Muppets (Now Playing)
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
Zoot feels very groovy about this - votes Big Bird
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Aggghh! I'm being stoned by the whole town!
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »
We (citizens) kicked some big bird ass this game!!!

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Fortis

• Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »
I'm telling you, I have a guy feeling about you Warrior, and my gut is almost always right (hence the 20 Q's we just did)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
Well at the risk of stepping on any toes, especially the GM,  It seems like i'm the only one who, late or no has expressed an opinion one way or another. (at least publicly).  That being said by my calculations all the voting is for naught.  I'd been saying it was all academic, and now I'm going to explain why.  Kermit (Greg) announced @ 10:45 am yesterday that the citizen vote had started.  @ approx 10:15am today my informant Tank, told me that Big Bird (The Warrior) was in fact the final mafioso.  (Yes, that means true believers, I AM the other Vigilante!)  and about approx 10-15 min later I contacted  Greg with my hit well before the citizen vote itself and the deadline for said vote had passed.  So if I understand tha game mechanics correctly (and I believe I do)  Then w/ or w/o the citizen vote, Big Bird is one dead duck...   

So while we wait for the 'official' word, Ladies and Gentlemen for you amusement and bemusement I give you my most un-official Epilogue too this tale.  (I sent a copy to Greg earlier for his approval, but got tired of waiting...)

*inside Doc Hopper's 'private' office*

Doc Hopper was inside licking his wounds, both figuratively and literally.  He couldn't believe that he'd been upstaged by those bothersome Muppets, AGAIN!

His frown turned upside down, realizing thta he still had one more chance.  "Well, I still have one loyal 'Employee"  He said aloud to no one in particular.

"I'm sure he'll set things right..."

"I wouldn't count your schemes before they've hatched, Hopper!" 

As Hopper whirled around to face the deep voice from out of the shadows, something whizzed past his right ear and landed with a dull wet thud

on his desk. But the good doctor had other things to worry about, namely a 600lb Grizzly.

"Why you- you're that security guard over at that there Thee-a-ter..." stammered the nervous man it the whie suit 

"That's right. and I came to tell you all up close an' personal like that yor "Employee..." mocked the bristling bruin,

"...won't me of much use to you or anyone else, as you can see, saavy?" 

As he said so, the bear motioned back to the desk.  Hopper turned around to be greeted by the bloody severed head of Big Bird. 

Bobo had to admit that so far, despite the circumstances, Hopper was showing more composure than he'd expected, at least from the waist up.

The bear continued... "but you don't need to stand on ceremony with me Doc, we've met before under different circumstances..."

Bobo then lifted his cap, and pulled back his left ear to show a small, old scar.  It was a scar that was all too familiar to Hopper, and upon

seeing it, he began to lose what ever cool he had.  "...not, not possible"  he muttered to himself.  "oh but it is, my dear Hopper, it is.."

continued Bobo, flashing his captive audience his Toothiest grin.

"How long ago was it?  Ten, no, Fifteen years ago.  you hired a guide to conduct a 'hunting expedition' at Yellowstone, all very secretive, all very

hush-hush, and all highly illegal"   Bobo could see that the man was beginning to sweat through his cheap suit like it was tissue paper.  He went on...

"You came upon a bear's den, and decided, how did youo put it?  That my parents and I would make a fine addition to your trophy room.

But then some Park Rangers interfered, and you left the park to avoid getting arrested, leaving me, orphaned, and with this.."  He motioned once

again to the scar.

"Shoud've shot straighter, Doc..."  Again Bobo flashed his teeth and was so close, that Hopper could still smell blood on the bear's breath.

"Wha- what're you go -ing..." stuttered the terrified man. "...do to you?" the bear interrupted, and as he did so, Bobo pulled a revolver from it's

holster.  He opened the chamber, inspecting the rounds, and closed it, placing the gun on the desk next to the head in front of Hopper.

He addressed the fast food magnate again.  "Why I'm not doing it, I'm sure that given this chance, you'll understand and do the right thing." 

With that Bobo turned his back to the man, as if to leave.  Hopper saw his chance, 'Stupid bear, he thought, like I'm actually going to shoot

myself...'   He raised the weapon pointing it at Bobo, squeezing the trigger. It went off with a loud report, and...

...nothing happened!

Bobo turned around unharmed, a look of bemusement on his face as he chuckled to himself... 

"Oh did i forget to mention, things are so tight financially over at the theater, that they couldn't even afford a wepons permit for me. "

"Y'see this," Bobo explained as he retrieved the gun from the desk where Hopper dropped it in shock and surprise...

"...is a starter pistol, it only fires blanks,  it's totally harmless..."  It was then that the bear's demeanor suddenly turned dark.

"...BUT I"M NOT!"

It was then that Bobo grabbed him, and before the man could scream or even whimper a note of protest,

that he found himself hanging from his very ornate Moose antler coat rack.  He knew this, due to the fact that several of the antler's

points were now visibly protruding through his chest.  It was the last thing the man saw before everything faded into blackness...

"Rest in piece Doc" was heard from Bobo.  Then he looked at his wristwatch in alarm,

"Oh Man!" he exclaimed, "I've gotta hurry if I want to wash up before I get back to work on time."  Kermit'll skin me alive if I'm late from my

brake again..."

FIN

(Once again, Greg my apologies if  I overstepped my bounds...)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:11:34 PM by Thom_Serveaux »

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »
I loved how everyone seems to have forgotten how this game works.

One Performer has killed Big Bird (The Warrior). He was a member of the Hopper family.

Offline GregMcduck

• KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2008, 02:21:23 AM »
Both the MVP Award and Best Roleplaying Award goes to Thom_Serveaux (Bobo The Bear). The first for being the only player who killed anyone for any reason, and the second for his lol-worthy posts.

The What Th-? Award goes to SaucyRossy (Sweetums), go did both his vigilante hits without word from his Informer. It's only sheer luck that one of them happened to be Mafia.

Runner-up: Fortis, The Warrior, dignan, TripeHoundRedux, A Pretty Girl Is Like, Tank, anais.jude and Hebs, who have no idea what the word "deadline" means.

[yt=425,350]yjC8e1ebfPQ[/yt]

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2008, 04:05:04 AM »
So was it computer/ISP problems like they thought over in chat?  I was worried that the Mafia had put a hit out on YOU!  Now to get out of this bear suit, It itches like nobody's business, I can tell you that for free...

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2008, 06:39:34 AM »
Ah well, at least we won!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2008, 06:52:14 AM »
Yay I finally survive a game.

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2008, 07:17:03 AM »
I'm old and forgetful and I go to sleep early.  I was completely in character in missing the deadline.

Yeah, that's the ticket.  :speechless:

Also hurray! I survived a game!  I'm 1 for 4!
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2008, 08:02:14 AM »
Hey, I was waiting for everyone else to vote so I could take advantage of any confusion. Course, no one seemed to be votin!

Anyways, good game all. It was fun for my first time as Mafia. Though it sucks both my team mates got sniped by vigilantes.  :(
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

jasimon1

« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2008, 08:08:01 AM »

Anyways, good game all. It was fun for my first time as Mafia. Though it sucks both my team mates got sniped by vigilantes.  :(

Better than getting taken out by the other Mafia family!

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
I still say it was Sweetums what killed me
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

jasimon1

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
I still say it was Sweetums what killed me

No, that was Ortega and I wanting you to think it was Sweetums. I guess we did a pretty good job.