Author Topic: Mafia Game 10: X-Men Themed! (Ended)  (Read 29081 times)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
Re: Mafia Game 10: X-Men Themed! (In Progress)
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2008, 04:18:43 AM »
Good game everyone!  Especially the Horsemen for surviving as a unit.  Nice job!

But you weren't ruthless enough.  You should've taken out Pak-Man.    >:D

We discussed it.  ::)
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2008, 07:57:19 AM »
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2008, 09:02:53 AM »

MVP Award - SaucyRossy for his excellent guesses of who was mafia.

SaucyRossy was 2 for 2 in his guesses of who was mafia.  This enabled his vigilante to act quickly and take out two mafia members.  In fact, he was the only citizen affiliated member to take out any mafia members during this game.

Thank you James!!!

Amanda, I hope you appreciate that.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline whthat

• Schnappi Supporter
Re: Mafia Game 10: X-Men Themed! (Ended)
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

Runner-up: whthat for his random comic book facts.

Even though this was an X-Men themed game of mafia there was no need for anyone to spout off comic book facts.  Let alone list comic book reasons why one should be a mafia suspect.  If whthat was mafia, then it would've made sense for him to do this.  But since he wasn't it only made his actions that much stranger.

I honestly was just really bored and want tto get the round started so I figured I would give people random reasons to vote whoever they wanted.  I didn't even think about it being a good way to hide if I was mafia.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »
MVP Award - SaucyRossy for his excellent guesses of who was mafia.

SaucyRossy was 2 for 2 in his guesses of who was mafia.  This enabled his vigilante to act quickly and take out two mafia members.  In fact, he was the only citizen affiliated member to take out any mafia members during this game.

Thank you James!!!

Amanda, I hope you appreciate that.

Yep you did well Saucy, it was nice to be an effective vig :)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2008, 09:24:17 AM »
By the way Amanda nice bit of obfuscation in the chat room when I all but outed you as being a potential Mafia member...

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »
Mafia games aren't supposed to be discussed in the chat room (or anywhere else).  Only in the game thread.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2008, 09:37:47 AM »
Woo that one was a fun ride. :^)

I developed the habit early on of bandwagoning on Amandagal's votes. I figured if she was a citizen, eventually she'd do something unmafia-ish and I'd know to hit her and anyone else on that particular bandwagon. The first couple times were incidental. I could think of the best in-character reasons to kill Wolverine and Gambit, and it's always a good thing not to be the first to vote for someone. If people started to get suspcicious, I figure they'd get suspicious of the person who started the bandwagon. I started to break away from that strategy mid-game (When she voted for me) but she seemed SO good at picking citizens to kill, I started really listening to the reasons she was giving for killing people. After losing the rest of my team, I started taking shots in the dark, but eventually that became statistcially irrelevant. Then Amandagal threw this little nugget out:

The thing about Vault and Havok is that they've both missed votes.  Normally mafia members don't forget to vote. I guess Vault is new though.

Why, you're right. Normally mafia don't forget to vote. I knew who to target in my next hit, and there wasn't a thing anyone could do to trace it to me.

One more shot in the dark at Thom and we had the advantage.

So I'd like to thank the horsemen for providing me inadvertant guidance, and for acting just fishy enough to where I didn't decide to kill anyone, but not so fishy that the citizens nabbed them. Seriously, an entire Mafia family surviving collectively? Give 'em a hand! I'd also like to thank them for not killing me.

But I'd really like to thank all my fellow bandwagoners. I really couldn't have done it without you guys taking the vote counts I bumped up to 2 and making them majority votes. :^)

Offline Tank

• Schnappi Supporter
  • And she writes...
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »
I would like to point out what a great job the cleaners did.  Both did so well at pretending to be citizens that they got killed by the other Mafia family.  Luckily, each got a hit off.  I was scratching my head when Ispep's went through.  But it turned out for the better.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »
Yeah Ispep got a little trigger happy, there, but at least he hit a citizen. :^)

Offline Agent_Ispep

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
  • Global Thirst Moderator
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
It was kind of obvious sideswipe was a citizen and since everyone that round either voted for Teamrad or Sideswipe I was hoping it would cause mass confusion and hysteria. which I guess it kinda did.  And yes I was trigger happy I was worried I would get outed by the mafia before I got to use a hit.  Either way good game.. Mafia

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
Mafia games aren't supposed to be discussed in the chat room (or anywhere else).  Only in the game thread.
Hey to be fair I only mentioned theoretically and in the most general terms, as to certain players who happened to vote for the very people who got killed in the first 3 citizen's votes.  i never actually accused anyone in particular, and never mentioned any names....

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
Woo that one was a fun ride. :^)

I developed the habit early on of bandwagoning on Amandagal's votes. I figured if she was a citizen, eventually she'd do something unmafia-ish and I'd know to hit her and anyone else on that particular bandwagon. The first couple times were incidental. I could think of the best in-character reasons to kill Wolverine and Gambit, and it's always a good thing not to be the first to vote for someone. If people started to get suspcicious, I figure they'd get suspicious of the person who started the bandwagon. I started to break away from that strategy mid-game (When she voted for me) but she seemed SO good at picking citizens to kill, I started really listening to the reasons she was giving for killing people. After losing the rest of my team, I started taking shots in the dark, but eventually that became statistcially irrelevant. Then Amandagal threw this little nugget out:

The thing about Vault and Havok is that they've both missed votes.  Normally mafia members don't forget to vote. I guess Vault is new though.

Why, you're right. Normally mafia don't forget to vote. I knew who to target in my next hit, and there wasn't a thing anyone could do to trace it to me.

One more shot in the dark at Thom and we had the advantage.

So I'd like to thank the horsemen for providing me inadvertant guidance, and for acting just fishy enough to where I didn't decide to kill anyone, but not so fishy that the citizens nabbed them. Seriously, an entire Mafia family surviving collectively? Give 'em a hand! I'd also like to thank them for not killing me.

I was really trying to get rid of Raven with that, but nobody listened to my reasons, which were good.  I figured, obviously, that you were really mafia and I'm not sure why I voted for you expect that I thought people were getting suspicious and it made me look to point out the most obvious person.  I was super paranoid because everyone was band wagoning on my stupid votes and even I would have even suspected myself at that point of being the mafia pied piper.

Then I decided to be paranoid that you'd double cross us because I realized I had voted for you quite a bit.  I just was really hoping you didn't get my teammates because I was dumb for giving you that much info. ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:55:34 PM by AmandaGal »
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?