Author Topic: MST3K Ringtone  (Read 7358 times)

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 13
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
MST3K Ringtone
« on: July 13, 2008, 08:28:11 AM »
I made a ringtone for my new iPhone 3G. It's very cool, if I do say so myself  8) If you would like a custom ringtone for your iPhone, you can get it HERE . Just drag it into your iTunes ringtone folder and sync and it will show up on your phone as a custom ringtone at the top of the list. This file is in .m4r format already so it's good to go (you can change the suffix to .m4a if you just want to listen to it).

If you have a different kind of phone and can use an mp3 file to make a ringtone, I have an mp3 version of it which you can get HERE .

The file is 38 seconds long. It will quickly reveal if those around you are MSTies or not in a large crowd, lol...

Enjoy!

p.s. Anybody have any interesting "waiting in line for an iphone" stories? I got to my local AT&T store an hour before they opened on Friday to be greeted by about 100 people in front of me. After waiting for two and a half hours, I was one person away from getting in the door when they announced they were sold out. I came back at 5:00 am on Saturday, was first in line (about 10 minutes after I got there the guy who was behind me on Friday showed up) and we got our phones, but the stock didn't last near as long on Saturday as it did on Friday.  They were out of the 16GB models by the time I got mine and was leaving the store.

It's everything I imagined it would be... and a bag of chips!  :highfive:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2290
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: MST3K Ringtone
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »
You sir, are my brand new hero!   

It is now on my iPhone.    I had been using the default "old style" (not the beer!) ringtone for everyone, so I assigned this one to a couple of people so I know the calls are not work related.

My 16gig (the only way to go) iPhone is only a couple of months old, so I did not upgrade.    I AM excited about some of the new apps that run on the new software.   The Smugmug (photo sharing) and AOL instant messenger are wonderful.

In Houston, they sold out pretty quickly.   A couple of guys in my office went at lunch to get theirs and when they were back after 30 minutes I was doing my "I told you so" dance.   Needless to say, they did not get them.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • BEERx
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »
lol... glad you like it... I would have thought there would be a lot more "ringtone people" on this board but maybe not...

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »
Me too.

I know I would love a Torgo's Theme ring tone for the IPhone.

That would rock!

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
I finally figured out a way to set the Puma Man theme as my Ringtone

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »
Must have Torgo's theme..............................

I have a shiney new $5 Rifftax coupon to anyone who can create a good (e.g. sound like it did on the show, not some midi-disaster) sounding Torgo's theme for the iPhone.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 642
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Rifftrax Covers
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »

I have a shiney new $5 Rifftax coupon to anyone who can create a good (e.g. sound like it did on the show, not some midi-disaster) sounding Torgo's theme for the iPhone.

Try this:

http://www.rifftraxcovers.com/torgo.m4a

Not sure how to get to the iphone format though...

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • BEERx
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
All you have to do to make it a ringtone for iphone is change the extension to .m4r  :)   So it looks like we have 2 MST3K ringtones now, lol.

Torgo's theme was gonna be the next one I made too.... but now I don't have to (unless I think I can improve it lol)

EDIT: Oh i see, it's an mp3 not an m4a. Not a problem though, I can convert it...

EDIT AGAIN: Okay it really IS an m4a, it just comes across as an mp3 when you download it. So my original statement stands true, just rename the extension to .m4r and you got an iphone ringtone!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:09:42 PM by BEERxTaco »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Why when i try and play it, i get the "this file may be corrupt and cannot be played" message?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
Why when i try and play it, i get the "this file may be corrupt and cannot be played" message?

Okay, when I open the link in Apple QT, I can play it,    But when I try and save ti, it is askig me to buy a professional version of Apple Quicktime for $30, which I really do not want to do.   

What I am missing/?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 642
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Rifftrax Covers
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
Instead of clicking on it trying Right click save as on it to save it to your HDD. I used a wav and I used itunes to make it a m4a file.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 02:19:16 AM »
Almost off topic, but you like your iPhone 3G? I'm really on the fence because it looks like my bill will be $30 higher (even though I have a smart phone with a data plan already...which doesn't make any sense but on AT&Ts website it says the iPhone plane is "$129.99" for 2 lines + data.  Currently, mine is just $109 something before taxes).

I've been debating about going to AT&T to talk to them.  You guys used other smart phones? Is it *that* much better?

A friend of mine says totally and I keep finding out more cool stuff about them, but she's kind of a bimbo.  She told me that her iPhone was better than the 3G because "Mine is 16G."  I just nodded and smiled.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:02:05 AM »

Try this:

Not sure how to get to the iphone format though...

Excellant, I just saved this as a MP3 on my harddrive, then went into the file, right clicked it, hit rename and changed the extension to .M4R (which is the iPhone ringtone format), then imported the ring tone via iTunes, synced up, and now I have "The Haunting Torgo's Theme"!

Mr Torso, if you send me your e-mail address, the $5 gift certificate will be yours.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • BEERx
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 08:35:15 AM »
A friend of mine says totally and I keep finding out more cool stuff about them, but she's kind of a bimbo.  She told me that her iPhone was better than the 3G because "Mine is 16G."  I just nodded and smiled.

lmao @ 16G, obviously the poor thing is confused between her capacity and her version.

I have never owned a smart phone before, but I must say that this iphone is the most amazing gadget I have ever owned. It has some glaring shortcomings though if you're used to other smart phones, such as no copy/paste functionality, no media messaging (just text), no video capability... some of these issues may be fixed down the road via firmware updates or by 3rd party apps. The 3rd party apps is by far the best reason to get the new iphone, but if you have a first generation iphone you can access them too, so there's not that much to gain except the faster data speeds (if 3G is available in your area) and true GPS functionality.

All in all I just love the thing. Its interface is one of the most intuitive and fun to use, and once you get used to a virtual keyboard it's pretty damn slick.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »
My iphone was only a few months old, so I did not see the need to get a complete new phone (although you can sell them on e-bay for more than you paid for them as some people want to convert them to use with their existing carrier, not AT&T).    I did upgrade the software to 2.0 and some of the new apps are pretty fun.

The baseball encyclopedia, the NY Times news reader, the Movies  Guide (gives link to rotten tomatoes reviews of movies in your area and links to buy movie tickets), AOL instant messanger, etc.  ...... those are great.

Really, this is the happiest I have been with a product in a long time.

Plus, all the Rifftrax shorts are on my phone now too!