login

Author Topic: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!  (Read 54631 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3468
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
Where did you get the Nov. 18th date? I only ask because it's not listed on the Shout release dates list on the site.
FINE

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »
Any shots yet of the unspecial packaging?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5311
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
Oh Good Lord!! ::)

:D :D

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 853
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »
Any shots yet of the unspecial packaging?

It will be the packaging that holds the discs inside the tin. If you look at the back it has a different barcode than the the one that was on the tin.

Where did you get the Nov. 18th date? I only ask because it's not listed on the Shout release dates list on the site.

That is what Shout said in their statement that was posted at tvshowsondvd.com:

News Flash...News Flash...News Flash

Due to an unexpected level of demand, all copies of the deluxe version of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 20th Anniversary Edition 4-DVD box set have shipped to retail outlets in advance of the October 28, 2008 release date.

As a result, Shout! Factory is rush-releasing the standard version of the box set, which contains all four film episodes and DVD bonus features, but not the collectible tin box, the Crow T. Robot figurine, or lobby cards that are part of the deluxe version. The standard 4-DVD box set version of Mystery Science Theater 3000 20th Anniversary Edition will arrive in stores on November 18.

Shout! Factory
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 07:47:49 PM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3468
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »
Thanks!
FINE

Offline Darth Macho

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2008, 10:14:31 PM »
If any of the Shout! people are reading here's my own wishlist for future DVD sets.

1) Movie Trivia. The lobby cards are cute. Wouldn't it be cool to include on the back a short episode synopsis (a la Amazing Colossal Episode Guide) and maybe some movie trivia? It would be extremely easy and make the sets just a little more fun.

2) Riff Subtitles. A little more difficult, but including subtitles for the riffing would be a really cool feature (and possibly end a few arguements and/or rewinds).

3) Uncut Version. I know Rhino tried this and I have no idea about the whole movie rights situation. It's still interesting to see what Best Brains had to work with. You can even call it "Dr. F's Control Group".

4) MST3K Ball Christmas Ornament. Next set. Add to Shopping Cart. Quantity: 2.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6687
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2008, 06:10:18 AM »
4) MST3K Ball Christmas Ornament.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »
I'm with you on the first two. Movies, especially bad movies, public domain movies, old movies, the stuff that usually ends up on MST3K, always have interesting and often inter-related histories (like Ed Wood stealing the octopus in "Bride of the Monster" but not the motor, or the same costume being used as the God That Gives Death With Its Touch in "Teenage Caveman" and the alien in Night of the Blood Beast)

Subtitles are very helpful, especially with the varying volumes.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Doc Steve

« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »
If any of the Shout! people are reading here's my own wishlist for future DVD sets.

1) Movie Trivia. The lobby cards are cute. Wouldn't it be cool to include on the back a short episode synopsis (a la Amazing Colossal Episode Guide) and maybe some movie trivia? It would be extremely easy and make the sets just a little more fun.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I have this insight on the process.  I am the same Doc Steve (David) who posts reviews at Forrester's MST3K discussion board.  I always try to include something like that in my review.  It proved to be tough to find things not already covered in "Daddy-O's Drive In Dirt."  However, this doesn't have to stop someone from covering the same material, per se.  (I just didn't want to do it, myself.) 

2) Riff Subtitles. A little more difficult, but including subtitles for the riffing would be a really cool feature (and possibly end a few arguements and/or rewinds).

That would be groovy, and it shouldn't affect the bottom line enough to raise the price of the DVD.

3) Uncut Version. I know Rhino tried this and I have no idea about the whole movie rights situation. It's still interesting to see what Best Brains had to work with. You can even call it "Dr. F's Control Group".

The rights situation would just kill you on the movies that are not in the public domain.  It would be impossible in some cases and prohibitively expensive in other cases.  Personally, I wouldn't want to pay a dime extra for ANY MST3K movie.  To this day, I have never bothered to watch any of the "standard" versions on the discs I already own. 

4) MST3K Ball Christmas Ornament. Next set. Add to Shopping Cart. Quantity: 2.

That would be a huge seller.  I'm good for at least two also. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
Gah I need to get organized and order this, first time I haven't pre-ordered an MST3K release, damn money!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
Well, for some reason Amazon.com sent me two of the collector's editions instead of one.

So if someone wants the tin and can't find it anywhere, I have an unopened one.
On timeout

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
Well, for some reason Amazon.com sent me two of the collector's editions instead of one.

Dude, "bank error in your favor"!

Makes up for the times you have gotten slightly scuffed DVDs from them.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2008, 09:21:47 AM »

Hmm....I'd almost consider trading my unopened Volume 10 set (with G vs M) for that.

4) MST3K Ball Christmas Ornament.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
And then, a Crow and a Servo and a Gypsy!

And if Hallmark can make "Sound and Light Animated" ornaments for Trek, SW, Gone With the Wind and "I Love Lucy" then why not a MST3K control room that when you hit the button the lights flash and the buzzer goes off and everyone yells "Movie sign!"?

(and it would have to be Joel - sorry, he's The Creator)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:26:02 AM by Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck »

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »
Duck, are you MAD?! O_O

An unopened collectors edition is still available in many suncoast stores for about 70 bucks!

I got two of the 20th anniversary ones just because I wanted to save an unopened copy in case the value rose dramatically or the set I own got damaged.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2008, 05:42:46 AM »
Despicable.