Author Topic: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!  (Read 54622 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!
« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »

I agree with you completely on #3. I just took out the cardboard box and slipped the single DVDs and the poster pictures in the DVD with the Crow figurine and just removed the cardboard box altogether. For #2 though, is/was the standard edition cheaper? I didn't even know it was out yet.

They said it comes out on the 18th.

Ah. How much will it be?

2 dollars a square inch.

:clap:

I didn't hear if it was cheaper, but I don't see how it could be.  Their weren't a lot of frills beyond the tin case in the collector's edition.
On timeout

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3463
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
Uh, doesn't it come without the tin, the toy and the lobby cards?

That should really drop the price.
FINE

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #287 on: November 04, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »
I didn't hear if it was cheaper, but I don't see how it could be.  Their weren't a lot of frills beyond the tin case in the collector's edition.

Yeah. Plus, almost all of the other sets released by Rhino are running around $50. With those you get the films and maybe an intro and trailer. Whereas with this..well we all know what you get with it. It's worth probably more than what they're selling it for.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:26:55 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »

Yes it doesn't come with that crap, and what I'm saying is that stuff was worthless.  Stuff you would get in a Happy Meal that cost little to produce.
On timeout

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

Yes it doesn't come with that crap, and what I'm saying is that stuff was worthless.  Stuff you would get in a Happy Meal that cost little to produce.

It cost McDonalds a little to produce, because they produce a million of them, it cost SHOUT money to produce them though.
FINE

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »

It cost McDonalds a little to produce, because they produce a million of them, it cost SHOUT money to produce them though.

It's cheap crap is what I'm saying.  It shouldn't cut the price for the un-collector set.  That's what I'm saying.  You don't need to continue arguing with me about nothing.
On timeout

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Your point is ridiculous, and I will keep arguing nonsense where ever I see it.

Just because you didn't like them, doesn't mean they didn't cost money.

And it is pretty simple to see that a set that contains THINGS costs more to produce than a set that DOESN'T.

That is why they should drop the price, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't.
FINE

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »
Well good luck with that.
On timeout

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »
Thank you.
FINE

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
Your welcome, fight the power!
On timeout

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
I was trying to be blissfully ignorant of the possibility that there might have ever been a Laserblast DVD. Thanks.

Chris Gore's "review" was shit. He said it came with four unaired episodes. Uh yeah, don't we wish. And he failed to mention the extras. And he said it was a rent because you could/did see/saw them on TV (I thought they were unaired, make up your mind). I'm still confused as to where you can rent a limited edition boxed set. Do they loan you the Crow bust?

Doc Steve

« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2008, 07:25:25 AM »
I was trying to be blissfully ignorant of the possibility that there might have ever been a Laserblast DVD. Thanks.

Chris Gore's "review" was shit. He said it came with four unaired episodes. Uh yeah, don't we wish. And he failed to mention the extras. And he said it was a rent because you could/did see/saw them on TV (I thought they were unaired, make up your mind). I'm still confused as to where you can rent a limited edition boxed set. Do they loan you the Crow bust?

Yep.  All of the real classics that have never even had one DVD pressing, and we get an MGM "Collector's Edition" of Laserblast?  Think of the literally thousands of films in the MGM catalog, and we get Laserblast?  Good grief...

Maybe he meant the three unaired documentary segments?  I haven't seen the review. 

I haven't even seen video stores that will rent multi-volume sets without breaking them up, much less something like this. 

I assume that the unlimited edition will be a few bucks cheaper, just because that's usually how these things are marketed.  Still, when I went to watch the two Fantastic Four Rifftrax, I discovered that Best Buy sold the set for several dollars more than buying the two movies individually.  That's not how that usually works...

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
There's a local video store near me that rents LE box sets. They have the Freaks & Geeks Yearbook on their shelf.

But you can rent the discs from Netflix. I'd imagine that is what the reviewer was suggesting.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2008, 09:04:28 AM »

[/quote]
It drops the price partly because the 20th Anniversary Limited Set takes up more space in a box to ship it.   When you can only fit (just for example - I don't know what it really works out to) 20 sets in a box of the tin and that same box can hold 50 of the un-limited edition, it's going to cost less to ship 100 of them.  And that saving can be passed along.

Plus you can say that the higher price on the first ones is like when the first release of electronics are always more expensive because they're making up the R&D money, Shout Factory! may have figured to make their production and rights costs back on the Limited Editions and then have the others priced a bit more reasonably.

The "slim case" versions of "Stargate SG-1", "The X-Files" and "ST:TNG" were the same in both cases.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »

It drops the price partly because the 20th Anniversary Limited Set takes up more space in a box to ship it.   When you can only fit (just for example - I don't know what it really works out to) 20 sets in a box of the tin and that same box can hold 50 of the un-limited edition, it's going to cost less to ship 100 of them.  And that saving can be passed along.

Plus you can say that the higher price on the first ones is like when the first release of electronics are always more expensive because they're making up the R&D money, Shout Factory! may have figured to make their production and rights costs back on the Limited Editions and then have the others priced a bit more reasonably.

The "slim case" versions of "Stargate SG-1", "The X-Files" and "ST:TNG" were the same in both cases.

Yes, the savings can be, but probably not on November 18th which is what we were discussing.  There is still demand for the discs so why drop the price right away.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:22:57 PM by bettertomorrowamy »
On timeout